5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st world problems

RAMRhode

Reaction score
So for the umpteenth time, with my arms full, I reach for the rear door handle to unlock with a touch....only to realize (again for the umpteenth time) that I need to grab the front door handle. If I always stow stuff after a store purchase in the back of the truck as so many others do, why can’t we unlock the rear door with a touch of the handle?? Seriously, how much would it had added to the total cost of the truck to have this?
For fun...and venting...
Who else here has 1st world issues? Would love to read them listed here!

Last edited:

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
My garage door opener won't work until I'm in front of the next door neighbor's driveway, so I have to slow down and wait for it to open all the way so I can pull in.

Ramit71

Reaction score
My garage door opener won't work until I'm in front of the next door neighbor's driveway, so I have to slow down and wait for it to open all the way so I can pull in.
It’s probably the antenna on the garage door opener. Should be a tiny wire. I had the same problem and added some length to it and now I can open it way before I pull in.

taz2016

Reaction score
So for the umpteenth time, with my arms full, I reach for the rear door handle to unlock with a touch....only to realize (again for the umpteenth time) that I need to grab the front door handle. If I always stow stuff after a store purchase in the back of the truck as so many others do, why can’t we unlock the rear door with a touch of the handle?? Seriously, how much would it had added to the total cost of the truck to have this?
For fun...and venting...

What is this touch to open wonder that you speak of? I have to reach into my pocket, pull my keys out, and push the unlock button!

RJS

Reaction score
The center button on the radio switch on the steering wheel will only let me go forward on the Siriusxm preset channels. That means I need to click 11times to get to the previous channel. I know I could use the buttons on the 12 in screen but I'd need to put down my coffee.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
What is this touch to open wonder that you speak of? I have to reach into my pocket, pull my keys out, and push the unlock button!
I‘s RAM’s version of keyless go (forgot what RAM calls it), in which the truck unlocks when grabbing the door handle. I love this feature, although, like you, wish it worked on rear doors as well (like it did on my BMW & Mercedes). Countless times I’ve had my hands full and attempted to open the rear door and realized that I had to touch the front (on either side), to unlock.

This is trim dependent BTW. Standard on the Limited. Not sure about others.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I cant close sunroof shade if The car turns off and someone opens the door which is a bit annoying. I can still however fold the mirrors in with the door open which is nice but why no auto mirror fold?

RAMRhode

Reaction score
The wondrous world we live in, these days! My truck has a feature that will unlock the doors just by grabbing the handles - BUT only the front doors.

BadAspSVT

Reaction score
When jumping in my truck the power side steps take a few seconds to deploy and I have to wait to step into my truck and sit on the supple leather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apexcars

Reaction score
Having cool storage boxes built in the side of the truck bed that are weatherproof and feature drain holes, lights and even a wall outlet that auto-lock and unlock with the truck but if i hold my head just right I can see that they don't line up exactly the same in the front as in the rear.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I only get 10 Sirius preset channels! Or at least if I get more, I don't know how to find them :D

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The center button on the radio switch on the steering wheel will only let me go forward on the Siriusxm preset channels. That means I need to click 11times to get to the previous channel. I know I could use the buttons on the 12 in screen but I'd need to put down my coffee.

if you toggle the left radio switch up once, then push the center preset button it takes you to your first programmed preset, no matter which preset you are listening to. now that i have written this i have not tried to toggle down, should do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread