5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st time RAM owner here

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
Hello all, A few months back we decided to purchase a travel/camper trailer, but needed a truck to haul it with. After looking at the MANY options available to me, I finally landed on a 2021 RAM 1500 with the 5.7L Hemi eTorque in the Granite Clear Metallic color. I went with the Laramie trim, larger fuel tank, 3.92 gear ratio, etc. To date I LOVE my new truck and it pulls our trailer like a champ. So far the only things I have added to it are bull ring tie downs, running boards, and will be installing a tonneau cover this weekend.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome! 1st time Ram and truck owner myself. Absolute beast of a vehicle and yet drives better and rides smoother than any other vehicle I've had. Glad you're loving yours!

FYI, it's tradition round here to put (at least some of) your specs and mods in your sig so us stat-obsessed truck-nerds can get all excited (just look at @CMil527 😝).

Also, always love pics of the set-up!

ABess

Reaction score
Hello all, A few months back we decided to purchase a travel/camper trailer, but needed a truck to haul it with. After looking at the MANY options available to me, I finally landed on a 2021 RAM 1500 with the 5.7L Hemi eTorque in the Granite Clear Metallic color. I went with the Laramie trim, larger fuel tank, 3.92 gear ratio, etc. To date I LOVE my new truck and it pulls our trailer like a champ. So far the only things I have added to it are bull ring tie downs, running boards, and will be installing a tonneau cover this weekend.
Welcome!

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
OK, so I have updated my signature and uploaded a picture of my baby. Let me know if you all see anything I missed.
20211201_124558.jpg

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
This is damn near he exact build I would have had if I ended up with a Laramie instead of a Limited. Love those running boards.
I hunted High and low for a set of running boards I liked AND were rated for more than 300lbs. These are rock solid and were a breeze to install. I will be installing the tonneau cover this weekend (maybe even tonight). Can't wait to have that finally on.

I actually went to the dealership to purchase a BigHorn they had on the lot, but ended up with this Laramie instead. SOOO glad I did!!

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
Got the Tonneau cover installed last night. So far so good. I still need to make a couple of adjustments to it, but otherwise it was a very easy install. 20211202_065847.jpg 20211202_065840.jpg 20211202_065904.jpg

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats! Great color too!

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
Well today was a good one, though expensive!! (Sorry, pics to come tomorrow!! The truck was not completed until after dark.)

I had a Motofab 3" front/2" rear level kit installed. The truck still has over 1" of rake, but I am ok with that because I do tow a 24' TT fairly often. The moment the lift was completed, I headed to Discount Tire and had my new wheels and tires installed.

I went with Level 8 Slingshot 20x9 +10 offset wheels, and Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015's in 295/65/r20. I did have a little bit of rubbing in the front driver side wheel well, but 10 minutes of work and the rubbing is gone. I am quite happy with the new look and stance. It just looks "meaner" now. The truck also feels more planted and I have been unable to spin the tires, which was an issue with the stock tires.

Finally, I was able to change the tire size and calibrate the speedometer using AlfaOBD. The circumference of the tires (according to tiresize.com) is 2799mm, but this killed my Park-sense. I ultimately found the max tire size I could put in to be 2705, at 2706 park-sense stopped working. Ultimately this works well, as my speedo matches GPS ALMOST perfectly. I think 2710 would have been exact, but it is near perfect by all accounts.

Users who are viewing this thread