5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'19 Ram problems, are they solved yet?

James Cole

Reaction score
Hello Guys...

Planning to purchase a limited right now but I don't want to run into problems with the weak AC and clunk when turning.

Wondering if you guys had recently these problems fixed?

As far as the HK and 12.1 uConnect problems they don't worry me at all because these will/can be fixed by updates.

I don't need the truck right now, I currently drive a 17 F150, but I must say the Ram really got me all excited.

Thanks!
JC

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello Guys...

Planning to purchase a limited right now but I don't want to run into problems with the weak AC and clunk when turning.

As far as the HK and 12.1 uConnect problems they don't worry me at all because these will/can be fixed by updates.

I don't need the truck right now, I currently drive a 17 F150, but I must say the Ram really got me all excited.

Thanks!
JC

I don't even know if there are 30 or less members with the clunk and maybe the same number of AC complaints. I think you'll be alright.

DeanKing

Reaction score
Nothing to be worried about. These are fixable.
What posts have you read where Ram acknowledged the AC issue is even a problem much less fixable? I may have missed a post on the three threads all talking about this. I am very worried about the AC one. Owners with these trucks are paying $500+ for tint jobs just to make it more comfortable. That’s a band aid on an injury that shouldn’t be there. My advice: test drive the truck on a warm humid day. If it doesn’t seem cold or dry inside then don’t buy it. Listen for the blend door motor activating excessively. Since most trucks are fine I am just hoping the odds favor me on my order. I will agree everything else on the list is fixable. @firecadet613 posted an excellent checklist https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/delivery-checklist.540/ for any truck you are going to buy. It seemed to account for every problem I have read about plus some things I would never have thought to check. Most trucks seem to be fine. Just find one of those.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Initially I thought my AC was weak during the first month back in June. But the last few months it has been fine.

I had clunk on driver's side when making turn on to uneven surfaces. Dealer tighter up all front suspension bolts and sway bar bracket and no clunk now.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is easy. Thoroughly test drive the vehicle, listen for clunks, test the A/C. If there are problems, don't buy it and look at another one. Repeat until you are happy.

Tony_zr1

Reaction score
Hello Guys...

Thanks!
JC
I got my 2019 limited in may. The AC sucked most of the summer. Maybe more on humid days. The HK stereo is very disappointing. Seems like the amp is too weak when cranked up. I would have rathered the 9 speaker over the 19 speaker setup, except for the fancy stainless speaker grills. I also lose my station settings all the time and have a squeaky brake pedal. Starting to develop a little squeak in the front driver side wheel area when hitting a bump.

James Cole

Reaction score
Hello Tony...

There is an amplifier enhancement update at the dealer and there should be updated for the head unit as well....

As for the AC it doesn't change at all with use? As in a better or worse way?

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What tool is that you’re using to track? I just placed my order. Nearly identical to your order except I got the Max Steel color
This website you can use to track but have to pay extra for the service otherwise jeep garage.org will track for you also but you have to pay also.

tcw3628

Reaction score
Detroit to Pittsburgh
Lucky you. I’ve been waiting over two weeks for a train to Buffalo. Hasn’t moved since being built on 9/28.....but I’ve seen others wait multiple months. Seems ridiculous.

clarkehaven

Reaction score
This is easy. Thoroughly test drive the vehicle, listen for clunks, test the A/C. If there are problems, don't buy it and look at another one. Repeat until you are happy.

good advice..... however my clunking did not start until I had over 3000 miles on the truck. It is getting progressively worse but I am waiting.... hoping there will be a service bulletin issued so I don't have to reinvent the wheel at the dealership.

cjmst23

Reaction score
Lucky you. I’ve been waiting over two weeks for a train to Buffalo. Hasn’t moved since being built on 9/28.....but I’ve seen others wait multiple months. Seems ridiculous.
That's crazy. Gotta have to do with filling the car carrier.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Live in Rochester and had a similar problem with my order. I actually talked to the shipping coordinator after I learned that my vehicle had been built but was sitting "staged" in some lot near the factory. Mine waited for a train to Buffalo for just under three weeks, but I think that was in the middle of a nationwide shortage of tractor trailer trucks.

Anyway, I was told that the stacking of vehicles was based on destination area. They said mine was "the first loaded [on a rail car] to Buffalo," and gave me a expected date when train would leave. It took five days to get to Buffalo from the factory.

By the time I was informed it had reached Buffalo, it was already at my dealers.

Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 004557 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/