5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

19 Ram Come With FCW?

mochaboy

Reaction score
Do the 2019 Larmie models with level 1 group come with collision warning?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Do the 2019 Larmie models with level 1 group come with collision warning?
Pretty sure it was not available yet. My 2020 didn't have it. I could be wrong, but I think it started in 22.

6of36

Reaction score
Nah man I’m not being a smartass on here. There are a few on here have a huge head and I’m not one of them. I was just making a comment!
I didn't take it that way. Like I said my 20 didn't have it, and I knew 22s did. A friend has a 21, but he never mentioned having it, and I thought he would have, if it did. He's big on having the latest. That's why I said I think. I have broad shoulders anyway, I don't take offense to much. You are right, some do.

TampaLaramie

Reaction score
FCW isn’t good for anything much more than a pedestrian in a parking lot though. It will reduce an impact from a normal 45-55 mph speed limit crash but not prevent it. Ive done a lot of research on this tech and It’s interesting that it isn’t worth a sh1t. From what I've found, Tesla is the best in it and it isn’t perfect.

Better than nothing I suppose.

6of36

Reaction score
FCW isn’t good for anything much more than a pedestrian in a parking lot though. It will reduce an impact from a normal 45-55 mph speed limit crash but not prevent it. Ive done a lot of research on this tech and It’s interesting that it isn’t worth a sh1t. From what I've found, Tesla is the best in it and it isn’t perfect.

Better than nothing I suppose.
That's why it's Forward Collision Warning, and not Forward Collision Avoidance. Yeah, there have been many Tesla crashes. They are all about ego, and don't like to admit there are faults.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2019 Laramie has it.
It was listed under Customer Preferred Package 25M as part of the advanced safety group.

Adaptive Cruise Control w/Stop & Go
Advanced Brake Assist
Full- Forward Collision Warning Plus
Lane Departure Warning
Parallel & Perpendicular Park-Assist w/Stop
Surround - View Camera (NA w/Trailer-Tow Mirrors)

mochaboy

Reaction score
Can you have it without ACC? The one I'm looking at had the level 1 larmie package so would it have it? Can you tell physically by looking at the windsheild? I'm looking at a truck a few hours away on their website. (Truck is for the wife)

6of36

Reaction score
My 2019 Laramie has it.
It was listed under Customer Preferred Package 25M as part of the advanced safety group.

Adaptive Cruise Control w/Stop & Go
Advanced Brake Assist
Full- Forward Collision Warning Plus
Lane Departure Warning
Parallel & Perpendicular Park-Assist w/Stop
Surround - View Camera (NA w/Trailer-Tow Mirrors)
Must be why Mine didn't have it. I had a 13 Charger, and hated the adaptive cruise and back then, I think that was the first available, it eliminated standard cruise. Due to that I refused to get anything with ACC. I just found out a few months ago, that they changed that, and it is a choice.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only feature I don’t care for is the FCW plus. I have it set for warning only not any kind of automatic braking.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread