5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

19 Laramie, to 20 Longhorn, to 21 Limited

Roddog2220

Reaction score
35s fit on the 19 and 20 with level kit and now discount tire is saying that the fender wells are smaller on the later model 21? any truth to this? doesnt make sense, or anyone know what largest tire you can put on limited 4x4 with the adjustable suspension?

Hasti17

Reaction score
nobody knows if there was any chance in fender wells or tire fitment availability?
19-21 Should have the Exact same fender wells... i feel like a quick look at Replacement fender wells will yield your answer, but i'm looking at aftermarket Wheel wells for when my truck arrives and They are listed as
19-2022 fitment
A Lot of those Tire stores Have "interesting" anecdotes on fitment restrictions and i think you found one of them.
NOW the air ride might not help you in the 35's department... that might be a legitimate problem, and idea how much clearance you had on the last two trucks? take The limiteds' ride height lowest setting and compare apples to apples, if it can lower MORE than the clearance you previously had, then fair shake that will be an issue

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I can't tell you if anything changed in the wheel wells. I can tell you that I recently switched from the stock all season 285/45/22's to aftermarket A/T 275/65/18's on my 2021 Limited. Both sizes are 32.1 inches in diameter according to online tire size calculators. But for some reason I now have a very slight rub at full steering lock when the air suspension is in aero mode. I also have links in the front which raised it an inch and a half. So I have a hard time believing you won't rub with a 2 inch lift and 35's. Maybe if you never go below normal mode with the air suspension. I keep mine in aero most of the time, so I know I'm at my limit with 32 inch tires LOL

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A Lot of those Tire stores Have "interesting" anecdotes on fitment restrictions and i think you found one of them.
I can’t help with the OP’s specific question but I had this experience myself just yesterday at my local Discount tire. I went in to have some 295/70/18 wildpeaks put on my stock wheels. Replacing 275/70/18 K02s. The guy at the tire shop says just so you know your going to have problems with this size tire. They will rub your mud flaps, they will cause vibration problems and they will be much less stable than the K02s. I had no rubbing, or vibration problems. Haven’t towed yet so I can’t speak to the stability yet. I’ve been using this place for 15 years and really like them but man it was like he was trying to talk me out of those tires for some reason.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I can’t help with the OP’s specific question but I had this experience myself just yesterday at my local Discount tire. I went in to have some 295/70/18 wildpeaks put on my stock wheels. Replacing 275/70/18 K02s. The guy at the tire shop says just so you know your going to have problems with this size tire. They will rub your mud flaps, they will cause vibration problems and they will be much less stable than the K02s. I had no rubbing, or vibration problems. Haven’t towed yet so I can’t speak to the stability yet. I’ve been using this place for 15 years and really like them but man it was like he was trying to talk me out of those tires for some reason.
You might want to mention that this was on your Silverado 3500 and not a Ram 1500 :ROFLMAO:

Roddog2220

Reaction score
I can't tell you if anything changed in the wheel wells. I can tell you that I recently switched from the stock all season 285/45/22's to aftermarket A/T 275/65/18's on my 2021 Limited. Both sizes are 32.1 inches in diameter according to online tire size calculators. But for some reason I now have a very slight rub at full steering lock when the air suspension is in aero mode. I also have links in the front which raised it an inch and a half. So I have a hard time believing you won't rub with a 2 inch lift and 35's. Maybe if you never go below normal mode with the air suspension. I keep mine in aero most of the time, so I know I'm at my limit with 32 inch tires LOL
you are rubbing now with stock height? did you change the offset?

Roddog2220

Reaction score
just trying to cya probably

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
you are rubbing now with stock height? did you change the offset?
Like I said in my post, I added suspension links to the front which raised it about an inch and a half. It only slightly rubs in aero mode.

The wheels are stock Rebel wheels. I'm assuming the offset is the same as my stock Limited wheels, but I don't know for sure.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
Like I said in my post, I added suspension links to the front which raised it about an inch and a half. It only slightly rubs in aero mode.

The wheels are stock Rebel wheels. I'm assuming the offset is the same as my stock Limited wheels, but I don't know for sure.
thats just strange a 32 should have no issues rubbing

Roddog2220

Reaction score
That's what I thought. But this is the first 5th gen I've owned with air suspension. And it only rubs in aero and entry/exit modes.
i have owned a 19 laramie with level and longhorn with lift and both handled 35s no problem, i cant believe the air ride would rub at 32 plus, that sucks

Hasti17

Reaction score
i have owned a 19 laramie with level and longhorn with lift and both handled 35s no problem, i cant believe the air ride would rub at 32 plus, that sucks
What level did you put on your 19 Laramie I'm looking to do a level on my 22 when I get it

Itsslow98

Reaction score
Rebels have 33s stock and you can get air ride on them so 33s should clear also.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
So I was curious to know where it was rubbing. Looks like it's rubbing on the Husky mud flaps. I took one off and no more rubbing at any height.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
tks, that is why i am so confused about someone that has 33 or less with a level and air ride and rubbing, they must have a weird offsett???
I already answered your question about the offset. I'm running stock Rebel wheels so it's not a weird offset.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's what I thought. But this is the first 5th gen I've owned with air suspension. And it only rubs in aero and entry/exit modes.
I’m on my bone stock 32” Falkens (ORG) on stock 20s with air and no rubbing at any height. I believe someone else asked whether you changed the offset?

Users who are viewing this thread