5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

19 1500 rubber mat. Is this normal?

KJC12

Reaction score
I just saw that the drivers side mat has holes in it that look like wear but also kind of like it’s melted...has anyone else experienced this?

I have around 19k on the truck so I’m hoping the factory warranty may cover this.

Attachments

• 0F6089AC-B2FF-4AE8-95BF-BAAB5876E258.jpeg
    0F6089AC-B2FF-4AE8-95BF-BAAB5876E258.jpeg
    301.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 487B7960-7E1C-4BBD-B333-01E1EE5FB7FE.jpeg
    487B7960-7E1C-4BBD-B333-01E1EE5FB7FE.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 154
  • 1415395E-7FF7-4C87-976E-8FB7DCCB824F.jpeg
    1415395E-7FF7-4C87-976E-8FB7DCCB824F.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 155

Lil'Mike

Reaction score
Did you recently take the truck in for service? Looks like the mat was cut by the service techs due to the floor mat/pedal recall. You’ll likely be in line for new mats when they are available...

Bighorned

Reaction score
I just saw that the drivers side mat has holes in it that look like wear but also kind of like it’s melted...has anyone else experienced this?

I have around 19k on the truck so I’m hoping the factory warranty may cover this.
They trimmed it for the recall im guessing without telling you. If they ruined my slush mat that protects the carpet and now because they cut the ribs off it doesn't i'd be a tad pissed. I get the recall and safety issue but we spend thousands on these trucks....and don't want mud or junk on the carpet

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I took my drivers mat out last time I went for service at the dealer, they asked me where is was as soon as I dropped it off. I told them I took it out for safety reasons because of the recall.

KJC12

Reaction score
They trimmed it for the recall im guessing without telling you. If they ruined my slush mat that protects the carpet and now because they cut the ribs off it doesn't i'd be a tad pissed. I get the recall and safety issue but we spend thousands on these trucks....and don't want mud or junk on the carpet
You are right. That is what happened. I wish they would have at least told me either before or after they did it. Does anyone have any insight as to when they will be issuing new mats?

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With how much Covid has messed up the whole supply chain I’m guessing it’ll be many months before we see replacement mats being issued.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
All I’ve got to say is....

It was ribbed for someone’s pleasure.
You have now been robbed of pleasure.

You are welcome for this dumb comment :D

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had mine in a couple months ago. They said recall on the mat, told them not to touch it until replacement ones available. They didn't touch it and they will get in touch with me when new mats available. Hoping the new one has the red Ram's head like my current ones do or I am not accepting the new one.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's a total hack job, and not an acceptable solution IMHO. Looks like they just took a utility knife to them. No attempt at making it look okay either. They have the redesigned floor mats in stock, but only if you pay for the whole set. The replacement mats will only be for the driver mat, if they ever actually make them available for us.

Removing the ribs renders the mat pretty much useless for the very purpose it was designed, in the area most likely to become soiled. The least they could do is apply duct tape to the bottom to keep stuff from leaking through. Not that that would be acceptable to me either, but at least you could say they tried something.

NHjake98

Reaction score
That's a total hack job, and not an acceptable solution IMHO. Looks like they just took a utility knife to them. No attempt at making it look okay either. They have the redesigned floor mats in stock, but only if you pay for the whole set. The replacement mats will only be for the driver mat, if they ever actually make them available for us.

Removing the ribs renders the mat pretty much useless for the very purpose it was designed, in the area most likely to become soiled. The least they could do is apply duct tape to the bottom to keep stuff from leaking through. Not that that would be acceptable to me either, but at least you could say they tried something.
Yeah, I am so pissed about this. I am calling FCA next week. I got an email from Mopar saying that the new mats are available for purchase so I called the dealer who hacked up my floor mat as part of this bull!@#$ recall and they told me I needed to call FCA. Feels like one of those finger pointing tee shirts that say I'm with Stupid!!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah, I am so pissed about this. I am calling FCA next week. I got an email from Mopar saying that the new mats are available for purchase so I called the dealer who hacked up my floor mat as part of this bull!@#$ recall and they told me I needed to call FCA. Feels like one of those finger pointing tee shirts that say I'm with Stupid!!
Good luck with that. The recall stated that an acceptable temporary fix was to "modify" the existing mat, or remove it. If you're able to get FCA to give you a new full set of mats I'll be very impressed. I'm sure that's not a precedent they want to set.

Ramtrx

Reaction score
They already have a replacement Matt available if you can get it. I told my service manager not to touch mine. They left it alone and I usually take it out. That is a serious hack job though. I’d be having a conversation with someone for sure.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Received a second FCA Recall letter on Friday, November 27, 2020. The original recall letter said the dealer would modify the driver's side mat. This second letter said the driver's side mat would be replaced with a new, revised mat.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Received a second FCA Recall letter on Friday, November 27, 2020. The original recall letter said the dealer would modify the driver's side mat. This second letter said the driver's side mat would be replaced with a new, revised mat.
It's good to hear they're starting to replace the mats now instead of cutting them. I will comply once I get that letter, but definitely not before.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, I got my second letter on Friday as well. Probably take it in when It's time for an oil change next month.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Since you had the mat cut already, you will be put into CSN W73 and be sent a letter to get a new mat.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

WhiteKnight4x4

Reaction score
My service advisor told me from the beginning that I wouldn't want the recall done. After he told me about the holes being cut into the mats, I told him that he was right!

Users who are viewing this thread