5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18x10 or 20x10, help me decide

rubrduk

Reaction score
I’m leveling the truck (standard 4x4, non-ORP)

Front:
I have Bilstein 5100’s for the front sitting here (not yet installed), and I’ve ordered and waiting for the Mopar UCA’s to arrive

I plan to run at 2.2 or 2.6 lift

Rear:
I have TimberGrove ASAM air bags (not yet installed)

Research says the airbags will give about a .5” lift at lowest pressure setting, unloaded (they specify 5psi minimum, so there will a slight lift)

I plan to run 35x12.5 tires

I’m trying to decide on 18x10 or 20x10 in a -18 offset-ish configuration

I know there will be a minimal amount of trimming on the front to clear

I like the beefy tire sidewall look of an 18x10, but is there any negative to having only a few millimeters of brake caliper clearance

18 or 20 x9 or x9.5 wheels are far more plentiful, but i want a good lip depth (I’m over flat face wheels)

I do not want 12” wide because they just stick out too much on the trucks

I also don’t want a taller lift because I have to clear parking structures

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would think 18” would be ok since they come from factory with them , however I get your point about little clearance . I have absolutely no evidence about 20” being better but they should allow the brakes to cool better ?

texasvolfan15

Reaction score
I currently have 18s on a 295/70 and hate it.But I have the longhorn and I just don’t think the beefy sidewall look matches at all. I’m going to be switching to a 20x10 -18 on 35x12.5 sometime this year.

You do need to be careful on the wheel you choose, my 18 fuel contras just rip off my wheel weights because they don’t clear the break calipers fully.

Also, as an FYI I think you are going to rub quiet a bit. Folks on the readylift SST kits are rubbing with the 20x10 on 35s combo and you are only leveling.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
I vote for the 18. Sounds like you are prepared for some trimming. Hope it’s not too much with that setup. I’m running 35x11.5 on 18x9 and had to trim with my Fox 2” coilover. Best of luck!

antwon412

Reaction score
18s. 20s are too big. Even 18s are a bit big. I’d rather have 17s with my 35s.

Users who are viewing this thread