5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18' F150 5.0L vs 19" 5.7 Hemi Drag race

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wish when these kind of drag races are posted they would give the rear axle ratio. Even though the Ford comes standard with the 3:31, most of them on the lots around here are 3:55 or 3:73. I test drove a 18’ 5.0 F150 with 3:73’s and it was a beast off the line. It was no doubt quite a bit quicker than the ‘19 Ram I test drove with the standard Hemi, but it had 3:21’s. Would like to drive a ‘19 Ram with the 3:92’s to compare to the Ford. Why do dealers not get rams with 3:92’s for their inventory?! My current Ford Expedition has the heavy tow package with the 3:73 limited slip and 3.5 eco and it flat out smoked both of these.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@19llhpb, I was going to make the same point, but I'm getting too old to let a random Youtube vid without all the details get me worked up. My 16' Rebel with 3:92's walks all over F150's. And who's to say the Ram driver was just leaving it in drive, rather than manually shifting... who knows.

Kramersp

Reaction score
It's hard to beat an EcoBoost. They are quick! 2.7 is slightly faster 0-60 than the 3.5 even...turbo's spool up faster.

From a dead stop, the hemi is a slouch compared to the 2.7 I traded in. The 2.7 was a rocket off the line, without looking I'd say it had a very quick first gear to help it get rolling quickly.

Still happy with the Hemi though, doing my first oil change today at just over 1,100 miles - Pennzoil Ultra Platinum going in.
Ypu cant beat the torque curve of a turbocharged engine. Its nuts. That's why I ordered e torque. Hopefully that 130 foot pounds will do
@19llhpb, I was going to make the same point, but I'm getting too old to let a random Youtube vid without all the details get me worked up. My 16' Rebel with 3:92's walks all over F150's. And who's to say the Ram driver was just leaving it in drive, rather than manually shifting... who knows.
Lol. If it walks all over F150's, I will literally drive to you and race you for pinks. 3.5L EB with 6 speed and 3.55 rear. No mods. Bone stock vs bone stock.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fantastic, I appreciate your competitive nature. However, my statement stands. I can't say I've ever had the pleasure of lining up next to an ecoboost F150 with either 2.7l or 3.5l powertrains, but the random few young fellas in white sunglasses with their F150's on 22's (sorry for the stereotype, it's a thing here) could only tell you what my tailgate looks like.

Now let's get back to waiting peacefully for our trucks.

FLG8R

Reaction score
Fantastic, I appreciate your competitive nature. However, my statement stands. I can't say I've ever had the pleasure of lining up next to an ecoboost F150 with either 2.7l or 3.5l powertrains, but the random few young fellas in white sunglasses with their F150's on 22's (sorry for the stereotype, it's a thing here) could only tell you what my tailgate looks like.

I was with you until the comment about the 22's. I presently own a 2016 Ram Sport Reg Cab that came standard with 22" polished aluminum wheels and the 3.92 rear. I'm not a young fella and I don't wear white sunglasses. But of course you were only talking about the ones that drive F150s. lol

Kramersp

Reaction score

:LOL::LOL:

Users who are viewing this thread