5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1500 Limited Customization Update (Debadge and Blacked out HEMI/Ram Badges)

Matt_T

Reaction score
The truck i bought had a better price.
personally I wouldn't. It is a matte black rubberized coating. Won't look right or be close in color, not to mention the issues I have with a $4 rattle can paint job on a 50k truck. I really don't know why you would buy a chromed out truck if you don't want chrome. There are plenty of sport appearance trucks around.

Only options to me are swap to paintable bumpers or have a shop wrap them in a close match vinyl.
I would have gone for the sport appearance but price was a factor and the wife did not approve of purchase to begin with.
Thanks for the input I was just curious of others opinions.

citpyrkf

Reaction score
personally I wouldn't. It is a matte black rubberized coating. Won't look right or be close in color, not to mention the issues I have with a $4 rattle can paint job on a 50k truck. I really don't know why you would buy a chromed out truck if you don't want chrome. There are plenty of sport appearance trucks around.

Only options to me are swap to paintable bumpers or have a shop wrap them in a close match vinyl.
Yeah I would agree, plasti dipping the whole bumper feels like a little much. I got painted bumpers for this reason with my limited. My limited had chrome on the badges, trim, and grille, but after debadging ALL the lettering, and swapping out the tail gate and Hemi badges to black, I was happy with the truck, but blacking out the mirrors, door handle accents, door and window trim, the truck just looks meaner and better. To your point dsb112 about getting a truck with chrome if you don't want chrome, really wanted the limited interior but wanted the outside of the truck to be more understated. If I could do it, without body work, I'd debadge everything, including the "RAM" on the front grille. I think these are awesome looking trucks, I don't need to be reminded of what it is. It also cool when people don't know what your truck or car is. Makes it feel like more of your own truck.

Users who are viewing this thread