5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1500 Limited Customization Update (Debadge and Blacked out HEMI/Ram Badges)

citpyrkf

Reaction score
Stage 1 of making my truck my own is in the books. I debadged four badges, the two "RAM" badges on the front driver and passenger doors and the "LIMITED" and "4X4" badge from the tail gate. I'm happy the way it came out. Toned down the "blingyness" of the limited. Paint correction and Feynlab Ceramic coating completed. Next up Blacking out the rest of the chrome around the windows and doors, mirrors, and the grille. It will take me a little time before I get those knocked out. DebadgeandBlackoutProgress.jpg ComparePhoto.png Ram Tail Gate Progress.jpg

myvegas03

Reaction score
hello, i like to take off the emblem from my tail gate,. can you pls give a brief description of the precess and the materials you used?
tks

citpyrkf

Reaction score
hello, i like to take off the emblem from my tail gate,. can you pls give a brief description of the precess and the materials you used?
tks
Heat gun, fishing line, and patience. Make sure you don't lift up at too high of an angle when removing an emblem or you'll damage the paint. Also you need to decide how you want to remove the adhesive from the paint. There are several different ways. I went with Goo gone, but there are these great Eraser Wheels that work great. There are a ton of great youtube videos out there. Here's one I watched before i did it.

Johnmcillwain

Reaction score
Awesome thank you sir. Sorry for the late reply still trying to figure this out.

macallien

Reaction score
can you share parts number and where you ordered them? I've been looking but cannot find them.
I did not paint them. I ordered OEM black badges. They are not pricey at all. All under $31.

citpyrkf

Reaction score
Excited to share customization progress. Since the last update I added a Diamondback bedcover which I added in March, Weather tech splash guards (which are way better then the OME ones I tried), and I have Plasti dipped almost all of the chrome (window trim, door trim, mirrors, and Tailgate Camera). Application was pretty good. Big tip, tape off your work area! If you skip this step you'll spend lots of time cleaning off over spray. I do need to retouch some spots on the passenger side window trim, but the driver side is pretty close to flawless. Last step in the process, is to remove the grille and Plasti dip it. I appreciate all the info on this site. Its really helped. Any feedback welcome, as well as good input on removing the front grille. Here are some pictures of the progress to date. First image is with the Diamondback cover, before blacking out all the chrome.

IMG_1837.JPG PlastiDipFullPassenger.jpg PlastidipCloseupPassanger.jpg PlastiDipMirrorWindows.jpg PlastieDipPassengerDoorHandle.jpg PlastieDipPassengerDoorHandleRear.jpg PlastiDipTailGate.jpg PlastiDipDriversSide.jpg

Rambro23

Reaction score
Excited to share customization progress. Since the last update I added a Diamondback bedcover which I added in March, Weather tech splash guards (which are way better then the OME ones I tried), and I have Plasti dipped almost all of the chrome (window trim, door trim, mirrors, and Tailgate Camera). Application was pretty good. Big tip, tape off your work area! If you skip this step you'll spend lots of time cleaning off over spray. I do need to retouch some spots on the passenger side window trim, but the driver side is pretty close to flawless. Last step in the process, is to remove the grille and Plasti dip it. I appreciate all the info on this site. Its really helped. Any feedback welcome, as well as good input on removing the front grille. Here are some pictures of the progress to date. First image is with the Diamondback cover, before blacking out all the chrome.

View attachment 26637 View attachment 26632 View attachment 26630 View attachment 26633 View attachment 26635 View attachment 26636 View attachment 26634 View attachment 26631
What did you do to your tow mirrors? I have chrome mirrors I need blacked out too!

citpyrkf

Reaction score
What did you do to your tow mirrors? I have chrome mirrors I need blacked out too!
I Plasti dipped them. I flipped them to their tow position, tapped off the light, let them dry, then rotated them back.

citpyrkf

Reaction score
Are you planning any mods to your 22" rims, or swapping them to something black?
Nah, since the Rims aren’t chrome, just brushed aluminum, I will leave them as they are. They will be the only blinggy thing on the truck, once I black out the grille.

Matt_T

Reaction score
Very nice. It really sets the truck apart from stock. I just bought a Bighorn and as my first new vehcile, I love it but hate the amount of chrome on the dam thing.
Does anybody know what options I have on de-chroming the lower front bumper and rear? I have the Diamond Black Crystal paint so would plasti dip work?

Attachments

• 20190607_074949.jpg
    20190607_074949.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 53
  • 20190607_075323.jpg
    20190607_075323.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 51

dsn112

Reaction score
Very nice. It really sets the truck apart from stock. I just bought a Bighorn and as my first new vehcile, I love it but hate the amount of chrome on the dam thing.
Does anybody know what options I have on de-chroming the lower front bumper and rear? I have the Diamond Black Crystal paint so would plasti dip work?

personally I wouldn't. It is a matte black rubberized coating. Won't look right or be close in color, not to mention the issues I have with a $4 rattle can paint job on a 50k truck. I really don't know why you would buy a chromed out truck if you don't want chrome. There are plenty of sport appearance trucks around.

Only options to me are swap to paintable bumpers or have a shop wrap them in a close match vinyl.

Users who are viewing this thread