5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey forum, so I have the tech package on my '21 1500 and the rearview camera is nice, but I'd really like to see inside the bed for those times I have a load and want to make sure nothing is shifting on the road. The rearview camera is to the left of the light and the recessed bulge to the right of the light looks like it should be a bed camera, and I've had some people tell me that on the 2500s that is exactly what it is. If this is indeed the case, then the molds should be the same and it should theoretically be possible to swap in one that has the camera in it and wire it up. Has anyone done this, or is this not possible for the '21 1500s with Uconnect 4 (I have the 12" screen if that matters)?

Truck Light.jpg

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm following this for the same reasons as you asked. I wonder if a small refracting lens could be put over the camera lens that would show the bed. Even if it distorted it some. When I have my tonneau cover folded up against the truck, I can't see the bed through the back window either.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There's a thread on this already. You can do it as long as you don't have the surround view cameras. It can't be enabled in conjunction with that.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's a thread on this already. You can do it as long as you don't have the surround view cameras. It can't be enabled in conjunction with that.

Do you happen to know the thread? I did a quick search but didn’t find anything. I probably just got the keywords wrong.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Caveat:
There is a workaround to add a cargo camera with the surround view system for those with 2021+ rams. The aux trailer camera setting can be enabled in VehConfig 8, and one of the two aux camera inputs can be used. While it won’t give you the actual cargo camera soft keys, it’ll give you the two aux trailer cam soft keys, and can be turned on under the same circumstances as the cargo camera.

Users who are viewing this thread