5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

14 to 19

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New guy from Pennsylvania. I had a 14 Ram Big Horn but just this week upgraded to a 19 Big Horn with the Sport Apperance Package and the Off Road Package. I specifically wanted the Level 2 group as well as the 4C radio and 9 speaker with subwoofer. After an extensive “figuring out what the heck I wanted” I found “the one”.

A couple pics from delivery.

E02EC8D9-5E42-4873-927C-10C86F11EF0C.jpeg 3BCABEC2-A398-4C9B-8572-01AC65DFF696.jpeg

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What a great looking truck! Congratulations my friend, love the look of the off-road package

Dietz5285

Reaction score
I also will be going from a 2014 to 2019 Bighorn, what differences do you notice.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also will be going from a 2014 to 2019 Bighorn, what differences do you notice.

As everyone says, the ride is impressive, soooo comfortable. You get onto the poor Pa back roads and it still feels like a truck and that’s a good thing IMO. A high end truck of course.

Something I am getting use to is the view. The mirrors seem more in your face. Probably a good thing? but I guess I was just so use to my last truck and that was my comfort zone.

I didn’t have as many electronics last time as I have now. I am usually cheap and don’t buy too many options but I guess I splurged this time ;) so it’s nice having climate control, back up camera, auto dimming mirrors, etc.

The engine and exhaust seem a little different. I don’t believe they’ve changed anything but my last truck had the same gears (3.92) but this one gets up to speed a little quicker. It could just be that everything is new and tight and smooth.

The steering is a little different and I’ll call that a negative. The first quarter rotation of the steering wheel feels the same but it feels like I have to turn the wheel further as compared to my 14 when making 90 degree turns.

LED lights are awesome! So bright and I like how the fog lights come on, on the side you make a turn into.

No gas cap! My F150 didn’t have a gas cap years ago and I’m happy that Ram adopted that. I know, it’s the little things that make us happy. Lol

Tailgate is much lighter and my option level also included dampening. I could one hand my 14 tailgate without a problem but this one I can one finger it.

My kids like the increased backseat room and of course having many USB outlets.

The last thing I’ll ramble on about is the truck looks smaller though from the front. It could be because I leveled my 14 or because I went to black, my wife say black is slimming lol.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will be trading my 2014 sport Quad Cab for a 2019 Crew Cab very similiar to yours minus the off road package. I ordered it two weeks ago, they are giving me 22K for my 2014, not bad when I only paid 35K for it new.

Last edited:

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went from a 12 to a 19. Love the new truck so far.

Users who are viewing this thread