5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12" Uconnect issues all of a sudden?

scudda

Reaction score
Do you think ford is dying to replace your truck parts under warranty?

The dealers get direction from FCA, and it appears they are doing some kind of update before throwing in the towel and replacing the expensive 12” screen/unit. Unfortunately people running to the dealer and demanding new units doesnt mean they will replace it. It’s tough understanding what is going on without diagnosing the issue. There’s other threads on this where posters claim their units were magically fixed in their own, lol.

They’re not waiting for anything, dealer get’s paid either way. Warranties are time/mileage driven. If there is a documented issue within warranty that persists shortly after warranty, the dealer will replace it. If they don’t, you need to service your vehicle at another dealer.

Ford isn't dying to replace parts under warranty, but I want a truck that suits my needs. I don't want a car that 70 percent of the features don't work on (heated seats- radio- backup camera- etc.) Imagine driving down the highway during the night, and the 12-inch screen starts flashing at you at full brightness, Its the most annoying thing. I understand new technology has bugs, but it's nothing new...the iPad was released in 2010. It's an Android-based OS, if I remember correctly, with a 12-inch touch screen nothing earth-shattering. Plus, the truck was released in 2019. It's 2021; they have had plenty of time to study and find the "software" glitch and release an update.
I'm also tired of hearing, "oh, it is the first model year with the new feature blah blah blah issues are expected."

No, issues should not be expected. When I pay close to 60k for a truck at the minimum, I expected everything to work from the factory. If not replaced or fixed in a timely manner. Should that not be expected? Do I need to spend 100k+ to get those standards?

Turaco

Reaction score
Ford isn't dying to replace parts under warranty, but I want a truck that suits my needs. I don't want a car that 70 percent of the features don't work on (heated seats- radio- backup camera- etc.) Imagine driving down the highway during the night, and the 12-inch screen starts flashing at you at full brightness, Its the most annoying thing. I understand new technology has bugs, but it's nothing new...the iPad was released in 2010. It's an Android-based OS, if I remember correctly, with a 12-inch touch screen nothing earth-shattering. Plus, the truck was released in 2019. It's 2021; they have had plenty of time to study and find the "software" glitch and release an update.
I'm also tired of hearing, "oh, it is the first model year with the new feature blah blah blah issues are expected."

No, issues should not be expected. When I pay close to 60k for a truck at the minimum, I expected everything to work from the factory. If not replaced or fixed in a timely manner. Should that not be expected? Do I need to spend 100k+ to get those standards?
I have had 0 issues with mine. If you want to listen to a few posters that have issues but not the hundreds of thousands than don’t, that’s up to you. Coming to a Ram forum saying you will buy a ford it’s just silly. Quite a few posters in this forum have come from ford by the way and they’re not problem free. I dont need to knock on ford, but I will say that I would never buy one, but im not going to the f150 forum and say that.....

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have had 0 issues with mine. If you want to listen to a few posters that have issues but not the hundreds of thousands than don’t, that’s up to you. Coming to a Ram forum saying you will buy a ford it’s just silly. Quite a few posters in this forum have come from ford by the way and they’re not problem free. I dont need to knock on ford, but I will say that I would never buy one, but im not going to the f150 forum and say that.....
AMEN Brother! I had my 2019 for just shy of 2 years and NEVER a single issue with my 12" screen. Have another one in my 2021 too and expecting no different.

Turaco

Reaction score
AMEN Brother! I had my 2019 for just shy of 2 years and NEVER a single issue with my 12" screen. Have another one in my 2021 too and expecting no different.
Nice! I got my Ram prior to signing up for this board and I had 0 worries about anything. I expect a new vehicle to work properly until it doesn’t. The mentality here is, I wont buy the vehicle because something might go wrong, lol. The car is under warranty, if there’s a legitimate issue the dealer will take care of it.
Btw, I love the damn 12” screen and I personally would not get a Ram without it.

scudda

Reaction score
I had the option to buy any truck. I bought the Ram because I loved it especially leveled and tires. My second choice was the Ford. If sharing my experience is “knocking” Ram, so be it. I know two people personally that have the same trucks, and they have no problems. What bothers me is the service department/ ram care saying it needs a software update that can take 3-4 months to be released. When more than likely it's a hardware issue. The unit or a part may need to be replaced. I feel like I’m getting the run around.

Users who are viewing this thread