5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12" Uconnect - Blue Tooth Calling Problem?

Gemlin

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 with 12" Uconnect.

I've been experiencing some weird things happening.

- When I'm on a Call (Whether is Blue Tooth or Thru Android Auto), randomly the other party will stop hearing me. It's acting like as if I'm putting the phone on mute. If I click Transfer Call to my Phone and Transfer Back, it resumes working and they can hear me. My other option is to turn off Blue Tooth and turn it back on (Then they hear me again).

Is there a fix for this? My phone does not do this on the Ford Sync System or GM Mylink System. Just only does this on my new 2019 Ram 1500. (This is very annoying)

- Sometimes my 12" Screen locks up. The only way for me to reset it is to get out, turn the vehicle off and unplug the battery.

Anyone know any fixes or have similar issues?

Neokane

Reaction score
Welcome to the club..
We have been told that there is an update coming "2nd Quarter", but they must have meant of 2020..

Psimpson

Reaction score
Yep, know all about that, mines been to the shop twice for that, they don't have any idea what to do. I've had 3 phones paired and none of them could reliably keep a connection. Evidently bluetooth is a new invention and Ram hasn't quite got it figured out yet. However my 2013 Ford never lost a connection.

Gemlin

Reaction score
This is wierd. I noticed that everytime I'm on the phone, XM Radio gets put on pause and caches all the songs. (I've yet to figure out how to turn that feature off). However, if I get on the phone and press the Entertainment Button, and then Select the Source of a USB Port, I do not experience the "Muted" issue.

However if the system is on XM Radio, the other person can't hear me and I have to turn off blue tooth, turn it back on or transfer the phone and transfer it back.

Anyone know how to turn off the "Put XM Radio on Pause and cache all the songs until you get off the phone?"

wormycp

Reaction score
Hello guys. Have there been any updates to this? I have had my Ram for 2 months and i experience the bluetooth call issue frequently. I also have an issue where the contact pictures get mixed up between the contacts. This has happened with multiple phones.

ghardy

Reaction score
My Ram was built in May 2019 and I have Radio Hardware CNSC29NFGL Software 18.45.40. Since getting my truck in Nov 2019 I have had the bluetooth issue of not being heard. Took my truck in today for the 2nd time to see if the software can be updated. They stated I have the updated software already however " there is a bulletin stating that the issue could be directly related to one or both of the microphones on the driver side". They replaced one of the microphones as suggested by the bulletin. They stated if this does not fix the problem then they will replace the other as well. Since having the microphone replaced I have had 3 separate calls, each lasting at least 10 minutes, without the bluetooth dropping.

dreinert

Reaction score
Ghardy,

Were you by chance able to get a bulletin number from them or in your paperwork. I just had mine in last week for the random muting issue in hopes there was a newer version of software but apparently I have the latest.

...I was told to make sure my iPhone X is on the compatibility list. :(

ghardy

Reaction score
I do not see a bulletin number on my paperwork nor did they provide one. However what was replaced was part number 68207349AB. I told them I have tried and had this happen on an Android LG Q6 and Q8 as well as iPhone 8 and 10Max. I also told them that this happened on a 911 call last week to report a drunk driver and 911 had to call back because they thought I hung up on them

Neokane

Reaction score
Ghardy,

Were you by chance able to get a bulletin number from them or in your paperwork. I just had mine in last week for the random muting issue in hopes there was a newer version of software but apparently I have the latest.

...I was told to make sure my iPhone X is on the compatibility list. :(

wormycp

Reaction score
I contacted FCA and here is the response:
Thank you for contacting the RAM Customer Assistance Center.

We are concerned to learn of the problem you are experiencing with your Uconnect and I would like to assure you that I will do everything I can to assist you. We take a lot of pride in our vehicles and our customer service and I want to guarantee that we take the appropriate steps to ensure your concerns are addressed, and ultimately resolved as best as possible.

We're looking at early March subject to change to start the national software update, but they could start it any day now once they confirm the warranty issues are not a problem.

Here is the breakdown of what is corrected in 33.3:
- black screen with no backlighting
- audio mute for caller during bluetooth call
- audio volume cannot be adjusted, may be stuck on max volume
- loss of presets (AM and FM)
- radio resets
- navigation will not find location of vehicle
- navigation lockup and display turns black but audio will still work properly
- bluetooth is slow to pair

We shall see. I will update once i have more.

ghardy

Reaction score
I do not see a bulletin number on my paperwork nor did they provide one. However what was replaced was part number 68207349AB. I told them I have tried and had this happen on an Android LG Q6 and Q8 as well as iPhone 8 and 10Max. I also told them that this happened on a 911 call last week to report a drunk driver and 911 had to call back because they thought I hung up on them
Update - I still have not had any problems with my bluetooth since getting the repair. Callers have been able to hear me as well as I can hear them through out the entire call.

Bulletin number S1908000199 released 11-27-19

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
So can I take this bulletin number to my dealer to have it updated or will I have to wait for the over air version to slowly make its way to South Louisiana?

ghardy

Reaction score
So can I take this bulletin number to my dealer to have it updated or will I have to wait for the over air version to slowly make its way to South Louisiana?
Take the bulletin number to the dealer. This bulletin replaces a mircrophone. I was having the bluetooth issue in which I could hear people but they could not hear me. I had this happen on multiple calls at different time intervals such as 30-45 seconds into the call or 5-10 minutes into the call. I thought it was a firmware version issue as well as the dealer thought this. So I took my truck in for the 2nd time, earlier this month, to see if I could get an updated fireware version (since I saw updates are going out OTA but I did not get it) and the dealer came back with this bulletin and replacing the microphone. Since the replacement, I have had no problems with bluetooth dropping

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I just got home and when I turned my truck off, I got the message that the Holy Grail update is ready to be downloaded. I hit the button without hesitation just in case it was a cruel FCA prank. Will see what happens later.

Psimpson

Reaction score
Mine updated as well. Noticed the Sirius acts a little different. Sometimes I have a blue box that says start over.
On the radar map snow is blue instead of yellow and red. haven't used the phone yet to know how that is working.

e55amg2

Reaction score
Mine also updated last night. Have yet to try a BT call though. Will def investigate the microphone replacement assuming this update didnt remedy the BT audio issue.

Reaction score
Anyone having problems with Bluetooth dropping in and out? I had the recent OTA update a couple of months ago. Haven’t had any recent updates on my iPhone. It will cut in and out and will try and transfer back to phone and I’ll click back to Uconnect from the phone and can’t hear anything.
Also when I try to play music over Bluetooth source the music will skip and then will fast forward to catch back up.
not sure why it’s happening all of of a sudden. It would have made more sense if it happened after the update.
I’ve tried deleting my phone connection from the vehicle and my phone, turning Bluetooth on and off etc. nothing seems to work. Only thing I haven’t done is try resetting everything by disconnecting battery.

Users who are viewing this thread