5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12" to 8.4"

jellyballs

Reaction score
Tried searching, but everything I've found on here are threads on going 8.4" to 12".

Bought a new 2022 Laramie with the 12" nav. Absolutely hate it. glitches, freezes, phone drops connection, etc.
Only 1000 miles on the truck and im almost ready to drive it through the dealership window at this point.

Sigh.

So, from a guy coming from the 8.4" (loved it) and I SOL on converting it within a reasonable price?
I normally order my trucks, but that basically almost isn't even an option right now it seems like.

thoughts?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Tried searching, but everything I've found on here are threads on going 8.4" to 12".

Bought a new 2022 Laramie with the 12" nav. Absolutely hate it. glitches, freezes, phone drops connection, etc.
Only 1000 miles on the truck and im almost ready to drive it through the dealership window at this point.

Sigh.

So, from a guy coming from the 8.4" (loved it) and I SOL on converting it within a reasonable price?
I normally order my trucks, but that basically almost isn't even an option right now it seems like.

thoughts?

I would give the dealer another shot to fix the issue. I know folks with the 12" NAV who love it and have no issues, you can be that guy to. With the Covid builds going on a rush to get vehicles and modules built, they could be something simple that is causing all your woes with that system.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Sigh.

thoughts?
The 2022 have the new Ram Connect 5 in them so it sounds like you came form an 8.4 Uconnect4 . They'll have updates coming for the new system at some point . Going from a 12.1 down to an 8.4 at this point would still give you Ram Connect 5 and more than likely the same issues . JMHO .

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Sigh.

thoughts?
Unlike the 2019-2021 radios, which used different radio modules between 8.4 with nav and 12”, the 2022 UC5 uses the exact same radio module and software for both 12” and 8.4 with nav. So, a 2022 owner with 8.4 radio is susceptible to the exact same issues/glitches as a 2022 owner with 12” radio.

Users who are viewing this thread