5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12'' screen worth it

Jrex

Reaction score
It is the best feature and make every other truck looks like it out of date. It very impressive to everyone that see it as no other vehicle even comes close.

Plus it totally costumizable, you just drag and drop icons from setting or apps onto main (always displayed bar).

Uconnect® 4C NAV with 12–Inch Display $1,295

Ram574

Reaction score
right on just wanted to see if everyone thought it was worth it, I'm about to order a Rebel soon and loved the 12 package but wasn't sure if anyone really loved having it beside the wow factor from when u get in it.

klail

Reaction score
I love mine. There are some minor annoyances but that is to be true of all systems. Does anyone know how to get the weather alerts to turn off. I really don't care when there is an avalanche warning 2 counties away or winter weather on the other side of the state.

klail

Reaction score
It is the best feature and make every other truck looks like it out of date. It very impressive to everyone that see it as no other vehicle even comes close.

Plus it totally costumizable, you just drag and drop icons from setting or apps onto main (always displayed bar).

Uconnect® 4C NAV with 12–Inch Display $1,295

SERIOUSLY makes all others seem out of date. I was comparing the 2019 Chevy HighCountry and the Ram Limited and what a joke the HighCountry screen was. It was smaller than my camry that I was trading in. Right, I'm going to pay $70K for a truck with that small of a screen? Maybe if there were no other options. Others need to step up to keep up with Ram

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
SERIOUSLY makes all others seem out of date. I was comparing the 2019 Chevy HighCountry and the Ram Limited and what a joke the HighCountry screen was. It was smaller than my camry that I was trading in. Right, I'm going to pay $70K for a truck with that small of a screen? Maybe if there were no other options. Others need to step up to keep up with Ram
They will. Ford is next in line to do something similar. Then others will follow, then Ram is behind, then Ram comes out with something else that tops everything. Usually that’s how it goes.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only thing I would want is for Apple to have CarPlay take the whole screen. Chances of that happening, slim to none.

Jrex

Reaction score

Thats so funny, I thought the same exact thing.

I went and test drove a Ram limited first, then went and looked at GM Denali and High country and Ford trucks. I was like WTF. Those little screens reminded me of the screens that come in the entry level cars around $20K. It very non-impressive at best.

Ford/GM/Toyota/Nissan can keep their 3"/4" hand held nav screens. Its really embarrassing how well RAM engineers out did everyone else on UC 12" screen.

I think the old saying "bigger is better" is quotable statement for a reason.

Saints

Reaction score
My buddy just got a preowned 2016 limited that still looks brand new and I was really impressed with it. I love my 2013 Tundra with 105,000 miles on it and I have never had any problems with it. But after seeing these 2019 Rams with the 12” screen I had to have one. They are like the Tesla of trucks! I’ve always liked the Rams, but this will be my first one.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the 8.4 so I look at it from another (jealous) angle :D but I think not allowing full screen (CarPlay) is a miss, especially for maps. I also wonder if I would miss the knobs? I know that probably sounds dumb but while I love tech, there is also a tactile feeling with knobs and for certain things like radio, temp, etc, it’s still more intuitive to me. Anyway, that’s probably that just takes getting used to.

Last comment and it isn’t specific to the 12”, is I hate that when I’m in CarPlay mode and go into my phone, say to check a msg, it changes my uconnect screen (like if I have a map on).

Users who are viewing this thread