5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12"screen problems

slimchance

Reaction score
i have a 2023 Ram Laramie vin # 1C6–SRFJT6PN–637053 .. the 12" Uconnect screen will load randomely on startup, regardless of it's setup .. the truck has about 5,000 miles.... it is at the dealer for the past 7 days and they seem to have NO clue ... tech says he can not get problems to appear for him .. they say they can not open a STAR case on it based on my complaints and their records show NO other STAR complaints like this ... is there a way for me to read and track STAR cases

Attachments

• 3fecaa31e527302ea9a7db2b4a79f9ddx.jpg
    3fecaa31e527302ea9a7db2b4a79f9ddx.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 19

slimchance

Reaction score
What firmware version are you on, and what is your problem? Sometime the screen doesn't turn on?
dealer says i have the latest update for my vin. problems include but are not limited to: on startup radio will select FM radio rather than the USB stick that i ALWAYS use & sometimes will not load TomTom nav just leaving it blank, or will sit there and randomly flip thru the MANY setup screens or after driving and stopping to eat, while listening to USB music, on startup radio switches to FM, when you switch back to USB (thru Media) the random/shuffle will not work, or on startup the auto on heated steering wheel heated seats do NOT turn on (temp below 39) OR would you like me to go on with examples .... after having this Ram for 7 days the tech say he could not duplicate ANY of these problems(note the mileage increased 1 miles of OD over 7 days) ... when i picked up the Ram from the Dealer, drove it 11 miles home, stopped engine, picked up the dogs, restarted the engine and the UConnect 5 12" screen was again in random mode. as far as the tech, i think, IF you don't know how to fix the problem, just claim you can not duplicate the problem. today it is OK to be a LAZY FOOL

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Sounds about right. Very glitchy system. Try disconnecting carplay for a while and I bet half your problems will go away. Switch off autoplay for the usb stick and inconsistent startup will reduce but not go away completely. Its a crapshoot system.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine did it almost constantly after I created a home screen that included carplay widgets. Deleted any home screens with any carplay widgets and it now happens rarely.

Also, I think if the source you last played is slow to load at startup and temporarily unavailable then it will jump to another source that is available at the time. I've found changing thumb drive brands/speeds can reduce the random selection.

I use a SanDisk 128GB Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive and it's what I listen to almost exclusively when in the truck. I still occasionally have it randomly select a source at start up but it is very rare.

917k6WqTLSL._AC_SX679_.jpg

slimchance

Reaction score
Sounds about right. Very glitchy system. Try disconnecting carplay for a while and I bet half your problems will go away. Switch off autoplay for the usb stick and inconsistent startup will reduce but not go away completely. Its a crapshoot system.
i do not use carplay or android auto .. you are right "Its a crapshoot system."

slimchance

Reaction score
Mine did it almost constantly after I created a home screen that included carplay widgets. Deleted any home screens with any carplay widgets and it now happens rarely.

Also, I think if the source you last played is slow to load at startup and temporarily unavailable then it will jump to another source that is available at the time. I've found changing thumb drive brands/speeds can reduce the random selection.

I use a SanDisk 128GB Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive and it's what I listen to almost exclusively when in the truck. I still occasionally have it randomly select a source at start up but it is very rare.

917k6WqTLSL._AC_SX679_.jpg
my home screen has TomTom Nav, confort selections (sometimes fails to load) & Media .... i also use ScanDisk 128 GB usb, same one that our 2 jeep Gladiators (switched them one at a time w/same resulting problems) also note the TomTom fails to load alot .... i am beginning to think it is a Voltage problem because this randomness happens most often after either the Ram sits a few days or after eating while listening to the radio (usb) ... this UConnect 5 and the 12" screen are a piece of **** .... i tried messaging @RamCares but i guess they really don't care 5 days later and NO response

Users who are viewing this thread