5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12.1" Uconnect Backorder?? Battery drain issue

Bram2019

Reaction score
My 2019 ram 1500 is doing the exact same thing. Radio started by cycling on and off and since I have over 30k miles they weren't willing to diagnose it really. Now my battery is being drained overnight and they reduced that it's the radio. They are stringinging me along saying they are trying to get it covered under warranty but I know they will not. What was the final verdict on yours? Did it work?
Vehicle is covered under 3/36 warranty bumper to bumper. It is a covered item. As long as you are less than 36K, you are good. If they won't cover it, find another dealer or call FCA customer care. The only way it is not covered is if you installed the radio yourself after the fact. Then you are on your own.

Juliochavez734

Reaction score
I took my truck into the dealer on May 28 to deal with the Uconnect rebooting periodically and draining the battery overnight. They diagnosed it, and determined the radio was drawing excessive amps. It's going to be closing in on a month with no truck waiting for a replacement radio to show up. Is anyone else seeing these issues?

When I would charge it prior to starting it would pull high pull a high amp load on the charger for an extended period where typically a dead battery would start out higher and amperage will taper down as the battery charged. This one would taper down some but was still pulling pretty high amps after several hours on the charger.
Just took my ram 2019 to the dealer for the same exact reason , and they wanted me to take the truck home because they ordered a new radio and it would take a month to get it .. good thing at the end they gave me a rental vehicle .

Users who are viewing this thread