5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12.1” Uconnect intermittent pauses

TatoAlto27

Reaction score

Nettag7

Reaction score
I have had issues with my 12inch screen system since I bought my Limited in June. But a few days ago, I started my truck up and the radio/12 inch u connect system/screen would not turn on. The whole system would not work at all. Thanks for the hard buttons on the side of the screen so I could at least put the heater on. It went on for about 3 days until I took it to the dealership. They couldn't get it to work until the did a hard reset. The dealer had no clue why it stopped work and wouldn't turn on at all. They did another 8 gigabyte update, the 3rd one in the past 3 months. It works for now, but the radio still wont hold a radio station once you shut the truck off and on.

RIC3BOY

Reaction score
Just wanted to update:

A user from the JL Wrangler forum posted that his issues disappeared after unpairing all phones and then resetting fuse 97 (which is the radio fuse). His issues disappeared for 3 weeks, where when he paired his phone to the vehicle, the issues re-appeared after 2 ignition starts.

Link here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/audio-cutting-in-and-out.16942/page-13
Post #194

Given this, I've done the same to see if pairing our phones could be the culprit. I've unpaired and disabled Device Mirroring before, but not reset any fuses or disconnect the battery right after. I'm assuming uConnect somehow remembers paired settings and causes a malfunction somewhere.

I have unpaired all phones from uConnect, disabled Device Mirroring, and unplugged the negative terminal on the battery (2 minutes). I'll post any updates as they come along.

One thing to note - when you disconnect and reconnect the battery:
- When you press the ignition to RUN for the first time, the engine won't start. Just press it again and it will fire right up. Had this same thing in my Toyota 4Runner.
- The initialization screen, splash page, theme and settings will be totally different, and certain functions will not work. Shut down the vehicle, wait about 5 seconds, then restart. Certain settings you've set before will be different, but for the most part, it should return to your settings.
- I've disconnected the battery before for a longer period (over 1 hour, trying to resolve this issue - albeit not unpairing phones at the same time), and the theme and other settings did not return to my settings. I had to completely re-customize uConnect to my liking.

RIC3BOY

Reaction score
I was having the same issue and I came across a video on youtube with a guy that was having the same issue. FCA has put out an update that affects the subwoofer. However when the dealer's service put the update it fixed the issue thank God! :eek::D

This is the one to the other thread that this issue was mentioned:
https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/sound-quality-volume-on-all-inputs.2348/#post-40083

Here is the link for the Youtube video:

@TatoAlto27 , your audio was cutting in/out and you had this TSB performed, which resolved the issue completely?

TatoAlto27

Reaction score
@TatoAlto27 , your audio was cutting in/out and you had this TSB performed, which resolved the issue completely?
Sorry for the delay I've been caught up with work however, yes I was having this issue. I was also experiencing low volumes like the guy mentioned in the video. but once the dealer did the update it now works extremely well. Now just need FCA and Uconnect to fix the navigation issue and i'll fall in love with my truck again.

RIC3BOY

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay I've been caught up with work however, yes I was having this issue. I was also experiencing low volumes like the guy mentioned in the video. but once the dealer did the update it now works extremely well. Now just need FCA and Uconnect to fix the navigation issue and i'll fall in love with my truck again.

So to confirm - you had your audio cutting in and out (every 1-2 seconds or so), and that amplifier flash update resolved it? Interesting!

Unfortunately that TSB doesn't apply to my truck, as I don't have the 12.1" screen / HK system, but I'm experiencing the audio cutting in/out (about every 1/4 vehicle starts).

d_THRILL

Reaction score
So to confirm - you had your audio cutting in and out (every 1-2 seconds or so), and that amplifier flash update resolved it? Interesting!

No way. I don't think he realized his issue was not related to this specific post. I'm aware of the issue he was having and know there was a fix released for it. There's no TSB for the 12 inch screen with our specific issue. Trust me, my truck was just at the dealer for more than 2 weeks being worked on by Fiat Chrysler techs and the dealer techs.

RIC3BOY

Reaction score
No way. I don't think he realized his issue was not related to this specific post. I'm aware of the issue he was having and know there was a fix released for it. There's no TSB for the 12 inch screen with our specific issue. Trust me, my truck was just at the dealer for more than 2 weeks being worked on by Fiat Chrysler techs and the dealer techs.

Damn. Back to the drawing board.

Check this link - https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/sound-system-problems.6095/#post-90929

Apparently a hard reset is performed by the dealer and it resolved the issue. Obviously no one knows how this hard reset is performed, but we should start asking dealerships to see.

Users who are viewing this thread