5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12” Uconnect

Ragoodsp

Reaction score
2020 Rebel, 1 year old, 17000 miles. Great truck, solid dealership, no issues for a year. As soon as cold weather hit here in NH the touch screen buttons would not work until a few minutes after start up. Firmware, flash all done by dealership with no change and no codes. Further diagnostics pointed to possible radio head issue. Star did more remote diagnostics and found nothing so authorized new radio. Radio installed yesterday, exact same issue this morning, buttons are there but zero functionality!!! Help!!!

Ragoodsp

Reaction score
I tried warming them up!! No luck. Takes about 5-8 min before buttons become operable. Going in Monday for more diagnostics.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Are you having problems with certain buttons (functions) or is it the entire touch screen? Also, you didn't say what the outside temperature was. How cold are we talking?

Ragoodsp

Reaction score
We are talking anything under 32 degrees.
All buttons excluding heat. Nav, radio, etc not functional.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
32 degrees is relatively warm compared to the temps we've been having where I live. I think it got down to 10 degrees last night. We haven't had any issues with either the 12.1" in the Limited, or the 8.4 in the Laramie. Strange that it took a year for yours to start showing issues. I'm surprised the head unit didn't fix the problem. I hope they are able to figure out what the problem is. Please share with us if/when it's fixed.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi @Ragoodsp --

We heard you were experiencing concerns with your touchscreen. Was your dealer able to get it properly diagnosed and worked out for you? Let us know if there's anything we can do to help!

Courtney
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread