5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12” reset

Nbeck21

Reaction score
Hello all. I’ve searched the forum and cannot get a resolution. My Apple CarPlay works about 5% of the time. I’ve attempted forgetting the vehicle from my phone, forgetting my phone from the truck. I have tried the reset by pushing in the volume/tuner at the same time. I have tried something that involved resetting it that way, opening the door, restarting the truck. CarPlay simply does not work. Am I resetting incorrectly? Is there another issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nbeck21

Reaction score
Apologies, as the title says it’s a 12” screen. The truck is a 2019 Laramie and phone is an iPhone 12

LV426

Reaction score
There is no reset for the 12" other than unplugging the battery, waiting a few minuets and then reconnecting. Unless something has recently changed with an update or something but they don't upgrade these radios much.

I've read several posts on people describing certain button combinations, door open, this... that.... None of that actually resets the damn 12"radio.
(If anyone disagrees please post a video of someone doing an actual "reset" on the 12" UAX radio, or provide the secret button combination, I'd love to see it.)

Anyway, my definition a reset is like restarting your phone, laptop, etc... Screen goes blank, then a splash screen maybe, a tone of some kind...

A battery disconnect, which worked in my case to clear up any issues but you may have to wait for things to come back up (HVAC controls, etc...)

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you tried another phone to rule that out? Like @LV426 said, I'd unplug the battery for 10-15 minutes then plug that back in to reset the truck.

OutlawHemi22

Reaction score
Hello all. I’ve searched the forum and cannot get a resolution. My Apple CarPlay works about 5% of the time. I’ve attempted forgetting the vehicle from my phone, forgetting my phone from the truck. I have tried the reset by pushing in the volume/tuner at the same time. I have tried something that involved resetting it that way, opening the door, restarting the truck. CarPlay simply does not work. Am I resetting incorrectly? Is there another issue?

Was having similar issues. This worked for mine and been running smooth for about a month since I did this.
1664807972198.png

Nbeck21

Reaction score
Have you tried another phone to rule that out? Like @LV426 said, I'd unplug the battery for 10-15 minutes then plug that back in to reset the truck.

Yes both mine and my wife’s iPhones, same issue. New cords, usb -c as well

LV426

Reaction score
The radio and phone has been a constant unpleasant & unreliable experience and I 100% blame Uconnect and their ****ty support.

It's always something, one day it's Android Auto issues, next day its Bluetooth wont connect, one day text messages are read on the screen, next day they are not, list goes on.... I've given up. Been through multiple phones (Samsung, TCL, Motorola) and its the same results.... They basically crammed too much into the 12" and don't know how to properly support it.

I was told from Uconnect tech support that VHR (Vehicle Health Reports) would never work with the model of radio I have because of an issue with 12" UAX radio, I've seen some posts regarding a hardware issues/ lack of memory issue or something, who knows. Sirius XM support stated the same thing, a hardware issue with the 12" UAX radios caused problems with the weather maps updating.

Then two months ago they started working out of no where, I was getting the reports sent to my phone. Just in time as I let the over priced Sirius XM Guardian service run out...... So it took two years for them to get an included feature working.

They beg you to pay for all the services (I get emails and letters every few months) yet half the **** doesn't even work properly, no thanks Uconnect.

JTL4P

Reaction score
100% crap radio. Ongoing problem for 2 years I’ve had my 2020. Uconnect has no idea. Sirius has no idea. Ram has no idea.

Sesame

Reaction score
Why don't you try to briefly pull out the F44 fuse in the indoor unit?
He de-energizes the radio.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Apologies, as the title says it’s a 12” screen. The truck is a 2019 Laramie and phone is an iPhone 12

Thank you for grabbing our attention. Please send us a PM, our team would like to dig further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares

RamCares

Reaction score
100% crap radio. Ongoing problem for 2 years I’ve had my 2020. Uconnect has no idea. Sirius has no idea. Ram has no idea.
JTL4P,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please send us a PM, our team would like to look further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The radio and phone has been a constant unpleasant & unreliable experience and I 100% blame Uconnect and their ****ty support.

It's always something, one day it's Android Auto issues, next day its Bluetooth wont connect, one day text messages are read on the screen, next day they are not, list goes on.... I've given up. Been through multiple phones (Samsung, TCL, Motorola) and its the same results.... They basically crammed too much into the 12" and don't know how to properly support it.

I was told from Uconnect tech support that VHR (Vehicle Health Reports) would never work with the model of radio I have because of an issue with 12" UAX radio, I've seen some posts regarding a hardware issues/ lack of memory issue or something, who knows. Sirius XM support stated the same thing, a hardware issue with the 12" UAX radios caused problems with the weather maps updating.

Then two months ago they started working out of no where, I was getting the reports sent to my phone. Just in time as I let the over priced Sirius XM Guardian service run out...... So it took two years for them to get an included feature working.

They beg you to pay for all the services (I get emails and letters every few months) yet half the **** doesn't even work properly, no thanks Uconnect.
I see in your signature that you upgraded the firmware to 39.9. that is what I have, and started getting he VHR after that upgrade. The 37.2 upgrade made my weather map start working.

I think the 39.9 upgrade has caused issues with phone connection though. I never had an issue before that, but now the truck randomly forgets my Pixel phone and I i have to re-pair it. Then you have to make sure to select option on your phone to allow messages on Uconnect. My wife's iPhone never drops, and it seems when her phone connects first is when my Pixel gets dropped

221500Limited

Reaction score
JTL4P,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please send us a PM, our team would like to look further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares
Agreed. $70K+ for premium luxury truck with a garbage audio Interface system. My radio shuts off, black out, randomly. Incoming texts shut off radio and nothing works. Have to just wait. Can’t reply to texts. Radio fully up to date and dealer says there is nothing they can do. What gives?!?!

RamCares

Reaction score
Agreed. $70K+ for premium luxury truck with a garbage audio Interface system. My radio shuts off, black out, randomly. Incoming texts shut off radio and nothing works. Have to just wait. Can’t reply to texts. Radio fully up to date and dealer says there is nothing they can do. What gives?!?!
Hello,

Do you know what software level your truck is currently at? Please send us a PM, we'd be happy to dig further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread