5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

104mph limit

Mdinana

Reaction score
True i wanted to really open it up ...why not put a 100mph speedometer in it
Has to do with keeping the needle in the 'middle' of the speedometer. Read somewhere that people are more excited or likely to buy if the have "more power than the need" or something like that.

Albauzo

Reaction score
Major differences: Grille, wheels, badging (obviously), and interior. The Limited comes with more standard features, but there is nothing on the Limited that you can't option on the Longhorn. This means that if you load up both, the Longhorn will cost a little more. So it comes down to the look that you want.

In my opinion, there should be no "Laramie" in the name. The Longhorn and Limited are both top-trim trucks, and they are far more similar than the Laramie is to the Laramie Longhorn. The Laramie is a completely different model that sits squarely in the middle of the trim lineup.
Very true about the Laramie being in the middle of the trim lineup but you can also add more options to the Laramie. For example you can’t have the black appearance package and multifunctional tailgate. I just ordered a 2020 Laramie night edition with every option because I couldn’t get the limited with every option. The only thing I liked better about the limited is the black “wood trim”

Maximus1044

Reaction score
My 2019 ram 1500 Laramie sport package Etouque only tops out at 104 mph then the power gets cut ..... Very disappointed
Yes me too speedometer reads to 120 but truck wont go past 105. I think thats BS false advertising on Ram Trucks

Drewster

Reaction score
Yes me too speedometer reads to 120 but truck wont go past 105. I think thats BS false advertising on Ram Trucks
Where do they advertise the truck can go 120mph? You can *make* the truck go 120mph, and the speedometer will read it... but it doesn't do that from the factory for a reason.

FCA makes $60k V8-powered vehicles that do well over 120 from the factory.. they just aren't trucks
2019_dodge_challenger_coupe_srt-hellcat_fq_oem_5_815.jpg

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went 85mph last week 😁
...45 to 85mph in 3 seconds with my JMS PedalMax set at about 60%
I thought that was pretty decent...with the A/T tires I have and all...

brewdad

Reaction score
Just trade for a 2921 Durango R/T with the Tow & Go package---max speed 145 mph; or the Durango SRT with 6.4 hemi with no speed limiter.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just trade for a 2921 Durango R/T with the Tow & Go package---max speed 145 mph; or the Durango SRT with 6.4 hemi with no speed limiter.
I saw that, if I was in the market for an SUV it would be on the top of my list.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This truck doesn't have enough brakes for 100+ mph much less the fact thats there's too much mass too high for it to be recoverable if something happens

brewdad

Reaction score
Seems I was 900 years in the future with the above post; well, cats out of the bag now folks---yes, in 2921 time travel has been invented and I am here 900 years in the past on vacation.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know some people are into the numbers and such, but I don't care if my truck goes over 100. As people have said there's way better cars for that and I have no interest in rolling at that speed. I'm too full from Thanksgiving to go that fast anyway

Just waiting for the MPG at 100MPH to get started lol
Little late here but it is not very good. 2 MPG getting there, 4 MPG maintaining. :D

Last edited:

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This truck doesn't have enough brakes for 100+ mph much less the fact thats there's too much mass too high for it to be recoverable if something happens
The brakes are fine! This with a RTT and 400 pounds of gear on the bed.
The tires become an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread