5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

100% stock 2021 limited want to start doing some light overlanding.

rcrespo106

Reaction score
I have a 2021 limited and want to start doing some light overlanding. Truck does not have ORP but does have protection group (full skid plate package). Assuming wheels and tires are first upgrade what should I do next to get it ready.

jmcdtucson

Reaction score
I've taken my Limited on some pretty rough stuff with just stock tires. With the air suspension anti-spin diff and protection group it seems pretty capable out of the box. And I'm coming from a Jeep Wrangler. Maybe just go for it and see what you need.
Basic recovery gear is always a good idea (tow strap and shackles. Maybe the traction boards. Lots of water, food and warm clothing in case you get stuck somewhere. Stuff to secure your gear on rough roads.

Jordan3206

Reaction score
I have a 2021 limited and want to start doing some light overlanding. Truck does not have ORP but does have protection group (full skid plate package). Assuming wheels and tires are first upgrade what should I do next to get it ready.
  • Remove the front black plastic air dam. Approach angle improvement.
  • Drop down to 18"s and the largest tire you can fit. Air down for better ride/traction off road. I run 295/70R18 0 offset on a 2" lift and they clear.
  • Raise the front an 1" with leveling links. Don't do 2" until you do the daystar spacers and don't use off road settings.
In the end your air shocks suck *** so highspeed will never be your game. You're looking for clearance and traction.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
‘Overlanding” and “Limited” just don’t seem to go together to me,
ha ha.
Probably because our lil' princess saw a speck of dirt once and wanted to go home.

Last edited by a moderator:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Fill the tank with gas, throw a tent and some supplies in the bed...and go explore and camp.

Nothing else needed.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The first thing you need to do is get the information and maps for your area.

The next thing is study them and pick a route.

The next thing is fill up with gas and take a drive.

Your stock truck will go 95% of the places your able to drive in most states. With some more aggressive tires snd some experience. You are now going 97% of the places.

The other 3 % of places need a bit of modification. And 90% of those places are illegal to go to in most states.

Go find a campsite and spend the night. It takes very little equipment to overland.

Now to make cool you tube videos...the list is endless.

A map, a reservation, food, water, shelter, a toilet of sorts(or shovel), cooking mechanism, and some gas and the adventure begins.

And adventure is necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread