5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1.5 Icon Springs reviews

Andy9743

Reaction score
i did the bilstein along with 6112 and 5160's and could not be happier. no weight in rear and timbergrove bags for towing support. rides fantastic.

Ontopofit

Reaction score
Unfortunately the more I read, the more indecisive I become. I have the loaded struts, springs and rear shocks at the house ready to be installed, but I keep reading comments about these springs that have me leery. Some people say they’re awesome, some people say they stuck, yeah that’s gonna happen with reviews, but this metal clunk noise seems to happen quite often. Has me wondering if it’s worth it to install them knowing I’ll most likely have to put the coil sleeves on them right off the bat to rectify that issue. It’s making me consider finding a 2.5 spacer for the stock coils and calling it a day. I’m sure I’ll change my mind 4 more times.

U

User_21361

Unfortunately the more I read, the more indecisive I become. I have the loaded struts, springs and rear shocks at the house ready to be installed, but I keep reading comments about these springs that have me leery. Some people say they’re awesome, some people say they stuck, yeah that’s gonna happen with reviews, but this metal clunk noise seems to happen quite often. Has me wondering if it’s worth it to install them knowing I’ll most likely have to put the coil sleeves on them right off the bat to rectify that issue. It’s making me consider finding a 2.5 spacer for the stock coils and calling it a day. I’m sure I’ll change my mind 4 more times.

To each their own, but the springs will ride much better than spacers for sure. I’ve had mine in over a year with very little noise. I am getting isolators more for completeness sake. You can get the isolators from summit racing if you feel like you need them before install. These springs and the fox 2.5 shocks are by far the best mods I’ve put on my truck. Ymmv

Ontopofit

Reaction score
To each their own, but the springs will ride much better than spacers for sure. I’ve had mine in over a year with very little noise. I am getting isolators more for completeness sake. You can get the isolators from summit racing if you feel like you need them before install. These springs and the fox 2.5 shocks are by far the best mods I’ve put on my truck. Ymmv
I probably still will go with the springs. I’ll keep digging and reading. I wanted to ask you another questions specifically, is there a reason you went with core sway bar links? I ask because the hellwig kit with adjustable links seems to be out of stock everywhere online. I was contemplating just going with the plain sway bar and looking for links elsewhere when I saw your post, hoping for some input .

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I probably still will go with the springs. I’ll keep digging and reading. I wanted to ask you another questions specifically, is there a reason you went with core sway bar links? I ask because the hellwig kit with adjustable links seems to be out of stock everywhere online. I was contemplating just going with the plain sway bar and looking for links elsewhere when I saw your post, hoping for some input .

Decent price, solid, greasable, well reviewed …. Good enough for me ….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U

User_21361

I already had my hellwig before the lift and couldn’t buy the links independently. At the time I bought, core was the only on who sold them. Also I didn’t really want adjustable links.

SurfRebel20

Reaction score
The factory springs have coil sleeves on them too. It's a typical coil spring characteristic to clank if there's no sleeve. No need to remove the springs to install sleeves they slip on pretty easy just raise the rear end from the frame to extend them and give you some space between the coils

SurfRebel20

Reaction score
I went with charcoal though the underside of my truck is generally mud brown

I also didn’t see the need for an adjustable set because I doubt I’ll be going any higher any time soon.
Ordered a pair. Now just need to eventually get longer front brake lines to be complete

SurfRebel20

Reaction score
Sh!t … I’m goin 3.3” …. Now ya got me thinkin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
quicksquarenew_2021411191112704.jpg it's fine on normal driving but when it's fully extended and the wheel is turned the lines get tight. Carli suspension sells a kit for 250ish I justkeep procrastinating

ErnestRocks19

Reaction score
I’ve got the 3” Fabtech Coilspring lift and want to do rear springs as well. The factory springs i feel are to soft for the ratio of the shocks.

SurfRebel20

Reaction score
I went with charcoal though the underside of my truck is generally mud brown

I also didn’t see the need for an adjustable set because I doubt I’ll be going any higher any time soon.
Just got them in mail.. Do you Happen to know the torque specs? I've read some say 41 lbs can find much from searching

R.Duff

Reaction score
There's the torque numbers I got with the extended brake line kit from Carli.

when I got my core 4x4 links i couldn't find it on cores website. I did find them before in another lift kit pdf but can't remember where.

Also not sure about the top 30ft lb one as the core 4x4 bolt requires you to drill it out, unless you didn't get the hardware package. Hope it helps.

Just got them in mail.. Do you Happen to know the torque specs? I've read some say 41 lbs can find much from searching
20211027_173215.jpg 20211027_173159.jpg

Attachments

• 20211027_172907.jpg
    20211027_172907.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 20211027_172937.jpg
    20211027_172937.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: c3k

SurfRebel20

Reaction score

when I got my core 4x4 links i couldn't find it on cores website. I did find them before in another lift kit pdf but can't remember where.

Also not sure about the top 30ft lb one as the core 4x4 bolt requires you to drill it out, unless you didn't get the hardware package. Hope it helps.

View attachment 109302 View attachment 109303

View attachment 109302 View attachment 109303
quicksquarenew_20211027221158214.jpg thank you!! Definitely had to drill out the factory nut which I wasn't expecting but it only added an extra 15 min or so.

R.Duff

Reaction score
Sweet colour man! I got the closest blue to my springs but wasn't that close haha

you ever pull the trigger on the extended brake lines? I got a pair in today get them put in on Tuesday.
20210906_175704.jpg

Last edited:

SurfRebel20

Reaction score
Sweet colour man! I got the closest blue to my springs but wasn't that close haha

you ever pull the trigger on the extended brake lines? I got a pair in today get them put in on Tuesday.
View attachment 109321
Man I like those springs alot. I'm a fan of colored suspension. I haven't ordered the brake lines yet only because I haven't found a video of anyone installing them and don't want to have to bring it to a shop.

Users who are viewing this thread