5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

“Stop/Start unavailable, service stop/start system” 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie

Wolffie

Reaction score
I changed the battery today to a brand new interstate battery and it is still having the same issue. Any other thoughts?
I had the same problem on my wife’s Pacifica I wound up changing both main and Aux batteries the auto stop start still did not work I was told by the dealer just to drive the car and the auto start stop would eventually work because the batteries had to equalize whatever that means but eventually it did work.

youngjkin

Reaction score
Update: the dealership fixed it for me last week. Replaced the ground cable and carpet. The truck is running normal. No error messages or start/stop failure.
The system voltage clearly behaves differently. It’s now very stable around 14V. Previously, it will charge to above 15V during regen(brake) and goes down to 14V.

Scrambler

Reaction score
Is the terminal that shorted out on the driver or passenger side? I'm asking so I don't have to pull up all the carpet searching for it

Scrambler

Reaction score
I am having the same issue and would like to repair & replace this myself.
@youngjkin, if the dealer repair is successful, can you post a photo of your work order so we can see the replacement p/n's and any other pertinent information?
Has anyone done this repair themselves?
Does anyone know of a TSB for this issue?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am having the same issue and would like to repair & replace this myself.
@youngjkin, if the dealer repair is successful, can you post a photo of your work order so we can see the replacement p/n's and any other pertinent information?
Has anyone done this repair themselves?
Does anyone know of a TSB for this issue?

This is all ground points. His was under the right rear seat.

tdogdfw

Reaction score
I have a 2022 RAM1500 Limited and am getting random Check Engine lights coming on with the stop/start service unavailable message happening fairly often - but not consistently. I've taken it to the dealer multiple times, and they say they can't find anything. Of course, the problem doesn't happen when at the dealer but would think they can check the logs to find the problem. Any other thoughts on what could be causing this?

Bin01123

Reaction score
Thanks for this thread. I just got the same message in my 2021 Ram 1500 Limited. I haven't taken it to the dealer but I'll be checking under the rear passenger seat after I run my scan tool.

W Six

Reaction score
Mine is in the dealership for this as well.
They said this time they found a bad hood switch and a sensor.....

Bin01123

Reaction score
Mine is in the dealership for this as well.
They said this time they found a bad hood switch and a sensor.....
Just got mine back from the dealership and they said I needed a 12V battery. The issue continued days after a got home even with a new battery. After I received my code reader, it showed I have a bad hood switch as well. I replaced it today and I'm hoping that was the issue.

Bin01123

Reaction score
***UPDATE***

The deanship was wrong. They said I needed a 12V Battery and the reason I kept getting the Start/Stop error message was because I didn't drive the truck enough. That was incorrect. Once I was able to read the error code when I got home, it showed code number P152E which is a "Engine Hood Switch 2 circuit high" After doing some digging, I learned this issue happens on other Chrysler automobiles and it was the hood switch that needs to be replaced. The part number was 68541273aa and the part was $20. (Please confirm it fits for your truck if you are doing this) Once I replaced this my issue went away and logically it makes sense to me. If the truck thinks the hood is open or has a problem, its going to want to try and change to state of the truck in some areas.

I used this video below as a reference for how to do this and it's pretty much the same for our trucks. I would try this first if you have this problem before buying a new 12V battery as this seems like a common problem for newer Chrysler vehicles. Hope this helps. @Darksteel165 @W Six @RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread