5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

“Sport” Decal

Apettit13

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to the forum and recently purchased my 1st Ram 1500!

I have been in the process of blacking some emblems out, they unfortunately did not offer the night edition in Delmonico Red, which was my desired color. That has been going well replacing them with OEM parts, now I have hit a dilemma. This is a “Sport” edition, while I don’t mind the sport decal, I was hoping to have it in black, and have had a terrible time finding anything anywhere. Before I go get something custom made, I wanted to see if anyone on here has purchased or found anything that looks factory?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 98B298A0-5C5A-425A-BBF0-3F7B51BDDF27.jpeg
    98B298A0-5C5A-425A-BBF0-3F7B51BDDF27.jpeg
    300.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 1ED460CD-5605-441E-8160-E536EBCCF690.jpeg
    1ED460CD-5605-441E-8160-E536EBCCF690.jpeg
    239.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 2B9FEE8D-BB65-49A2-85DA-9B0C5C55AAF5.jpeg
    2B9FEE8D-BB65-49A2-85DA-9B0C5C55AAF5.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 99

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I used my wife's hair dryer to get it warm and it peeled right off. The little extra bits of glue disappeared with goof off

Wsmith

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to the forum and recently purchased my 1st Ram 1500!

I have been in the process of blacking some emblems out, they unfortunately did not offer the night edition in Delmonico Red, which was my desired color. That has been going well replacing them with OEM parts, now I have hit a dilemma. This is a “Sport” edition, while I don’t mind the sport decal, I was hoping to have it in black, and have had a terrible time finding anything anywhere. Before I go get something custom made, I wanted to see if anyone on here has purchased or found anything that looks factory?

Thanks in advance!
No help for you, but just wanted to comment on the Night Editions. You should be able to get night editions in any color you want, Is it harder to attach black emblems and grills to certain colors. Delmonico Red in the night would look awesome. I originally wanted to get the Walnut Brown in night edition, but couldn't. Any color looks good with black parts.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
No help for you, but just wanted to comment on the Night Editions. You should be able to get night editions in any color you want, Is it harder to attach black emblems and grills to certain colors. Delmonico Red in the night would look awesome. I originally wanted to get the Walnut Brown in night edition, but couldn't. Any color looks good with black parts.

Agreed! I'm sure they have their reasons, but it often seems silly that you can't always get the combination of options you want.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree, you should be able to choose what you want blacked out. For example I like the black badges and wheels but don’t want the grill and eyebrow blacked out unless it’s a black truck. I think it’s crazy that you can’t get the black wheels at all unless it’s a night edition

Grouper

Reaction score
I agree, you should be able to choose what you want blacked out. For example I like the black badges and wheels but don’t want the grill and eyebrow blacked out unless it’s a black truck. I think it’s crazy that you can’t get the black wheels at all unless it’s a night edition
Ha! I ordered mine in Hydro Blue Pearl and wanted the Night Edition but as mentioned, no Night Edition Soup for You in Hydro Blue Pearl.

So, I ordered the Sport Package and the first things on my list are to replace the color matched grille and applique with gloss black, à la Night Edition.

Apettit13

Reaction score
I agree...I suggest @Apettit13 that you just remove it and don't replace it. Debadging and removing "stickers" make the truck look better in many peoples opinion.
I have most definitely considered simply removing it. With that said I somewhat like the look and was hoping I at least had the option to change it to black. Since it doesn’t seem I do, I’ll more than likely just remove it.

RamShark

Reaction score
I think the Southwest edition is perfect. It doesn't affect the interior choice, but removes a lot of the chrome. Pity it's not available on the Limited.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Aren't the Sport stickers good for another 10 HP??<g>
Power gains vary depending on sticker. I've read that the Off Road stickers are good for 11.9 lb/ft of torque, and the big Rebel bed side decals will turn your truck into a Raptor. But I can't confirm that. Seems far fetched to me. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread