5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

‘21 5.7 ETorque shuts off while driving

jesusdiaz23

Reaction score
Driving home today, going around 5mph around a roundabout, the truck completely locks rear tires and stops and the truck completely dies and applies electronic e brake. I turn the truck back on and runs perfect all the way home. Truck has 150 miles. Could this be due to the Etorque system? No warning lights or check engine. Anyone got any ideas?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It might have thought you didn't have your seat belt on and the door was open. Some type of glitch maybe. Since it applied the e-brake, that's why I think that. I don't think it has anything to do with the eTorque.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd tend to agree with vincent. Like a computer running windows, just needed a reboot LOL. I'd be a lot more concerned if it happens again, espeically at higher speeds. The fact that you were moving around 5 mph fits with the auto-park theory.

Parking sensors
That wouldn't have shut off the engine or set the parking brake.

BobK

Reaction score
Door slightly ajar would be my first thought. Especially since you were turning at the time. It will do that with an open door when in drive. As they said, everything is computer controlled, so would wait to see if it happens again but that would be bad at 65mph.

SoFloRebel

Reaction score
Any update on this? Just had the same issue happen this morning on my 21 5.7 w ETorque.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Driving home today, going around 5mph around a roundabout, the truck completely locks rear tires and stops and the truck completely dies and applies electronic e brake. I turn the truck back on and runs perfect all the way home. Truck has 150 miles. Could this be due to the Etorque system? No warning lights or check engine. Anyone got any ideas?
Any update on this? Just had the same issue happen this morning on my 21 5.7 w ETorque.

Hello @jesusdiaz23 and @SoFloRebel,

We're sorry to hear about both of your vehicle concerns and would like to help with the aid of a dealer appointment. Please feel free to private message us with your VIN as well as some additional details to get started!

Hannah
Ram Cares

SoFloRebel

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this SoFloRebel. Jesusdiaz23 said he was going 5mph when it happened to him. How fast were you going?
About the same here, I was rolling through a stop sign and had no power when I tried to accelerate.

Rammy21

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my ‘21 5.7 etorqe. It has happened twice, both times while making a right hand turn. My breaks didn’t lock up, but the engine dies. Once I get stopped, the e-break engages and the electronics shut off. Once I restart the truck it runs fine. the first time it happened, took it to the dealership and they said it must have been a glitch and couldn’t find anything. A month later, when it happened again, the delarship took another look and still couldn’t find any issues. Luckily this didn’t happen on a road with too much traffic. Now a red lightning bolt and another icon appearing on my dash for the past three days when turning the truck on. They pop up for 2-3 seconds and then disappear. Back to the delarship next week. 50C61312-5C32-452F-8EF6-DA4A86D5A6E9.jpeg

Tchpet

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread