5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VICE design
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Also is there a winch you would recommend with your mounting system? Such as easiest install and wiring to the truck? The one you used in your demo looked nice. I don't have a winch I'm open to any model for ease of installation and operation. Thanks.
    VICE design
    VICE design
    bang for buck I recommend the Smittybilt X20 Comp in either the 10,000 lb or 12,000 lb size. Most opt for the 12,000 lb version - it has a bit more power. General rule of thumb is 2.5 x vehicle weight. Of course with a snatch block you can get away with a smaller winch. This winch comes with a handy wireless controller that works nicely with this kit.
    VICE design
    VICE design
    The VR 10s and 12s are also nice winches. They come prespooled with line, and the clutch actuator turns a little bit smoother when compared to the smitty. They have a waterproof and dust protection rating of IP67, while the smittybilt housing is rated more waterproof at IP68.
    Do you know if your mount could be used in conjunction with the mounting brackets used for a Western Plow mount? Moving one from a 4th Gen 1500. Figured when I have the front end apart for mounting the plow I would do this upgrade at the same time.
    VICE design
    VICE design
    The 2018 and 2019 frame are substancially different. I dont know how the new ones mount. Have a look on our website product page for the installation instructions and maybe you can see if they'll interfere from the picture
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…