5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RedRock bumper with amber DRL

JohnProvident

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has used this grille before. Redrock rebel style grille with amber DRLs. After install everything looks good and runs ok except that the DRLs on the grille are very dim. I’ve seen pictures of others who have installed this grille on AmericanTrucks.com where I ordered the grille and their pictures seem to show that their lights are shining much brighter than mine. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is. I’ll include pics to compare. My truck is the way dimmer lights.

Attachments

• IMG_2857.jpeg
    IMG_2857.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2856.jpeg
    IMG_2856.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 30

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has used this grille before. Redrock rebel style grille with amber DRLs. After install everything looks good and runs ok except that the DRLs on the grille are very dim. I’ve seen pictures of others who have installed this grille on AmericanTrucks.com where I ordered the grille and their pictures seem to show that their lights are shining much brighter than mine. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is. I’ll include pics to compare. My truck is the way dimmer lights.
How did you connect the grill lights?

JohnProvident

Reaction score
How did you connect the grill lights?
I cut the DRL wire and T’d it in directly through that wire. I grounded it up where the rest of the wires are grounded.
The DRLs on my head lights are still shinning as bright as usual so I don’t think it would be a bad wire connection. But I don’t know much so I could totally be wrong.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken the accent lights on the headlight housing dim when the headlights are on. So if your 3 amber lights are connected on that signal they will also dim (assuming it just receives a lower voltage).

JohnProvident

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken the accent lights on the headlight housing dim when the headlights are on. So if your 3 amber lights are connected on that signal they will also dim (assuming it just receives a lower voltage).
These amber lights haven’t been bright at all. Even when I turn the headlights off. Maybe I need a relay? Although it doesn’t say that in any instructions/how to videos

JohnProvident

Reaction score
I fixed the issue. The problem was the RDLs for the OEM LED headlights receive 6 volts. So the grille lights were getting the same when they need 12v. So I just ran the wire for the grille lights straight to the fuse for the headlights. I kind o like that better because now the grille lights only come on when my headlights do.

Users who are viewing this thread