5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Finally installed the hellwig 7709. Couldn’t find the confirmed torque setting for the sway bar to end links other than a few sites say 50lbs. Is that right?
50 lbs is what Core 4x4 recommends for their end links... seems pretty standard for the type of bolts that are there in the stock hardware too. I can't imagine Hellwig would recommend anything too different if at all.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got her up on the lift at my mechanic's shop and got to retorque and grease all the Core4x4 parts. Everything was still tight within a few lbs.
i also realized my spare is the dreaded Wildpeak AT3Wa 😅 which i think i knew that, but i forgot.

BTW the orange-paint-over-orange-plastidip on my hellwig held up perfectly thru its first boston winter. Not bad!

IMG_6983.jpg

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
what brand did you get?
Gator! love it! tested with water hose and it does a pretty good job! i put an extra seal just in case and that REALLY helped it. would recommend it to anyone. Got it from @Realtruck .com! fantastic folks to work with and customer service was great. will defiantly order from them again. also got a discount when talking to rep.

Last edited:

gskowronek

Reaction score
All personal preference to be honest. I prefer the look with these caliper covers that have the small details on them opposed to painting the stock ones. There are some caliper covers that look cheap, but I don’t feel the rough country ones look cheap.
As for heat, the back of these covers are open, I don’t see it holding in much heat. I drove around a good bit yesterday after installing and the covers weren’t too hot to touch.
Has anyone installed AOOA caliper covers?
Pic below is from amazon, not mine.
I'm thinking of black ones with white Mopar txt.
Window_and_Amazon_com__AOOA_Brake_Disc_Red_Character_Caliper_Cover_Powder_Coating_Fits_Dodge_R...jpg

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
was adding some new mods to the ram.as I was finishing up,my neighbor across the street saw it and came up to me to tell me how much he liked it and could he help.tried to take a photo of him,but he was so excited he gave me and his owner a big kiss.i will post the mod later.hope you enjoy these photo of the little fella:LOL::LOL:

Attachments

• 20230605_200107.jpg
    20230605_200107.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 20230605_200125.jpg
    20230605_200125.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 20230605_200135.jpg
    20230605_200135.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 92

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Decided on the Ram full length running boards. I got them at a local dealer for $616 which was not a terrible price.
Was that price installed, or just for the boards? Either way those are good boards, had them on my last Ram. I do wish Ram offered their other boards wheel-to-wheel

denjen

Reaction score
that was just for the boards. I saw different style on a 2500 I liked; but obviously couldn't get them for 1500....

What took the longest time installing was cleaning the paint off the studs. Had to chuckle the instructions said run a die on the threads prior to mounting...... Well can't remember the last time I used a tap/die set and for the price they could have included one.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
that was just for the boards. I saw different style on a 2500 I liked; but obviously couldn't get them for 1500....

What took the longest time installing was cleaning the paint off the studs. Had to chuckle the instructions said run a die on the threads prior to mounting...... Well can't remember the last time I used a tap/die set and for the price they could have included one.
The die suggestion is just to make sure you can get accurate torque specs (if you are even that concerned with it). Curious what 2500 boards you liked, do you have a pic?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
was adding some new mods to the ram.as I was finishing up,my neighbor across the street saw it and came up to me to tell me how much he liked it and could he help.tried to take a photo of him,but he was so excited he gave me and his owner a big kiss.i will post the mod later.hope you enjoy these photo of the little fella:LOL::LOL:
need more pics of the little fella!

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone installed AOOA caliper covers?
Pic below is from amazon, not mine.
I'm thinking of black ones with white Mopar txt.
View attachment 179886

I had the rough country ones which are rebranded aooa’a. They looked good for caliper covers. I had to grind the brackets down a bit but they looked good behind my black wheels. Best picture I could find with them installed.

fca2cf018a233f8b81e22351e712524c.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread