5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

TSL

Reaction score
for sure! ill let you know!
i read a few posts about gas stations not opening or not taking card so ill be stashing cash before getting into the middle of nowhere and carrying about 5gallon of gas. with on pavement highway driving I should get at least 15 miles so 5 gallons should get me somewhere where the station is open!
BTW, I'm guessing you already know about The MILEPOST ? The mile-by-mile road logs are really something else.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Okay, you're talking about this.

This is what I was asking about. I'm not sure which Raptors have it. Based on my search, it appears to be an EcoBoost thing.

Hahahaha. LMAO.
It sounds like a 64 Volvo that needs a new muffler as the hole gets bigger!

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just about to put new skins on the Ol’ Girl. 275/55R20’s
I found a Michelin sale on Defender LTX M/S as they brought in the Defender LTX M/S2.
I loved the ride, wear time and fuel economy with my LTX M/S and I almost bit on the M/S2’s but didn’t see enough of a difference to pass up the sale.
The tread pattern is similar, but I like the M/S as it looks like it will channel water away better than the M/S2. I had zero hydroplaning in heavy rain with the M/S.
I only ran these spring, summer and fall then swapped out for my winter set.
The tires started with 12mm depth. After 3 years use, I still have 7mm on 2 and 5mm on the other 2. Based on 8 months use per year for 3 years, I got 62,500 miles out of them and could probably have gotten another season out of them but I noticed a bit of hydroplaning in heavy rain prior to swapping out in the fall. Both the M/S and M/S2 come with the same 115,000km/71,500mi wear guaranty.
The Deal: I saved $151.20 CAD per tire (tax in) for a total on the 4 for $604.80. I could still get around $300 for my used tires which will help offset the total cost which is somewhere in the realm of $1200 tax in.
For my Canadian Compadres, Canadian Tire has the sale on the LTX M/S for $239 per tire if you’re interested. Michelin may be offering their own deal. I think it’s $100 rebate right now on a set of 4.
BTW, these aren’t 10 ply as I don’t tow heavy but easily handle my 21’ boat and trailer.
IMG_3021.jpeg
IMG_9822.jpeg
IMG_9821.jpeg

Last edited:

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Here she is. 2023 Raptor in Azure Blue with 801A package. Moonroof (which I could live without) and the tailgate step (which in the first 24 hours of ownership, I have fallen in love with it). Parts are stacking up and I'll be diving into the truck next month. Thing is a dream to drive, so smooth and fast compared to my Rebel. The selectable exhaust button is pretty sweet.

View attachment 179573
Like that color!

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just about to put new skins on the Ol’ Girl. 275/55R20’s
I found a Michelin sale on Defender LTX M/S as they brought in the Defender LTX M/S2.
I loved the ride, wear time and fuel economy with my LTX M/S and I almost bit on the M/S2’s but didn’t see enough of a difference to pass up the sale.
The tread pattern is similar, but I like the M/S as it looks like it will channel water away better than the M/S2. I had zero hydroplaning in heavy rain with the M/S.
I only ran these spring, summer and fall then swapped out for my winter set.
The tires started with 12mm depth. After 3 years use, I still have 7mm on 2 and 5mm on the other 2. Based on 8 months use per year for 3 years, I got 62,500 miles out of them and could probably have gotten another season out of them but I noticed a bit of hydroplaning in heavy rain prior to swapping out in the fall.
The Deal: I saved $151.20 CAD per tire (tax in) for a total on the 4 for $604.80. I could still get around $300 for my used tires.
For my Canadian Compadres, Canadian Tire has the sale on the LTX M/S for $239 per tire if you’re interested. Michelin may be offering their own deal. I think it’s $100 rebate right no on 4.
View attachment 179651
View attachment 179649
View attachment 179650
Do you tow with these? How do they manage the load?

Are they 10ply?

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, the muffler delete finally came off backorder, so I just ordered one.

Keep telling myself I have a 283 to rebuild and parts to buy there, not to buy Rebel parts unless it's camping related, but... V8's are getting rare. Why have it if I can't hear it, right?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the muffler delete finally came off backorder, so I just ordered one.

Keep telling myself I have a 283 to rebuild and parts to buy there, not to buy Rebel parts unless it's camping related, but... V8's are getting rare. Why have it if I can't hear it, right?
I never knew a muffler delete could be in back order. Any decent exhaust shop can do a muffler delete in 1/2 hour. And cheaper than buying a piece a exhaust pipe online that they call a muffler delete.

Ready Go

Reaction score
Thinking about selling the Larry G/T for one of these..I can't help myself! My wife will have a fit if I do it, but really soon I'm gonna start modding the suspension, wheels/tires, etc..this would be done! But 13mpg premium fuel🤑

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240324_112903.jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_112903.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_20240324_112731.jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_112731.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 71

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thinking about selling the Larry G/T for one of these..I can't help myself! My wife will have a fit if I do it, but really soon I'm gonna start modding the suspension, wheels/tires, etc..this would be done! But 13mpg premium fuel🤑
Trust me, 13 mpg is not the right number. More like 10-11 mpg, unless you're on a long highway drive (then it's 12, as high as 13 maybe).

But you can't measure the smiles per gallon.

Ready Go

Reaction score
Trust me, 13 mpg is not the right number. More like 10-11 mpg, unless you're on a long highway drive (then it's 12, as high as 13 maybe).

But you can't measure the smiles per gallon.
I JUST KNEW you'd pipe in as the "Dream Killer"🤣
Yep, figured It'd be lower mpg than 13mpg, but hey, like you said..the "smiles per gallon" would be AWESOME!! I'm SO in love with the Red Accent Interior!!!
The G/T can get 20mpg when I really try, but 17 winter/18 summer seems more my norm.
Now, getting Wifey-pooh a Durango HC instead of a Durango SRT392, would definitely take a hat trick if I decided to do a G/T--->TRX swap!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I JUST KNEW you'd pipe in as the "Dream Killer"🤣
Yep, figured It'd be lower mpg than 13mpg, but hey, like you said..the "smiles per gallon" would be AWESOME!! I'm SO in love with the Red Accent Interior!!!
The G/T can get 20mpg when I really try, but 17 winter/18 summer seems more my norm.
Now, getting Wifey-pooh a Durango HC instead of a Durango SRT392, would definitely take a hat trick if I decided to do a G/T--->TRX swap!
Yeah, the red interior accents look amazing. It's a good balance of having accents but not overdoing it (like the base TRX model, or the base Rebel).

But you also need to keep this in mind: Once you buy a TRX, you're almost certainly going to start modding it as well. The uptick on price (to get suspension, engine, looks, etc.) is only the beginning. Then you start adding even more stuff.

TRX seat 2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread