5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, it's sad. The Gen 3 Raptor sounds better than the RHO. There's still time for them to come up with a better sounding exhaust.

Nobody has heard, or seen a production RHO. They don't even know if the truck in the video was actually a RHO mule.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nobody has heard, or seen a production RHO. They don't even know if the truck in the video was actually a RHO mule.

What other Ram truck has a TRX chassis, with an I6? The guys on the TRX forum have already confirmed a bunch of RHO mules have been produced. @Eighty has the scoop on those.

Here's one of them.

RHO.png

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, it’s definitely confirmed that the Hurricane powered TRX’s (i.e., RHO) have been built and are in testing. I can’t 100% confirm that the one in the video is an RHO, but there’s really no other explanation. That video is fairly old, from right around the time the first mules were made.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What other Ram truck has a TRX chassis, with an I6? The guys on the TRX forum have already confirmed a bunch of RHO mules have been produced. @Eighty has the scoop on those.

Here's one of them.

View attachment 179604
Yeah, it’s definitely confirmed that the Hurricane powered TRX’s (i.e., RHO) have been built and are in testing. I can’t 100% confirm that the one in the video is an RHO, but there’s really no other explanation. That video is fairly old, from right around the time the first mules were made.
Which means early testing and not production. And an I6 isn't going to sound like a V6. I've never heard a V6 that sounded good. I have heard some I6s that weren't bad with the old 4.0 Jeeps

TSL

Reaction score
took delivery for the last AT3W today but wheel's not here yet. Also will be delaying on the mounting because I decided to get TPMS sensors for both the spare that's mounted under and the spare for the spare that's still not mounted.
also measured my friend's ultra swing tire carrier today to see if the regular sized one will fit on the Ram. It is way too close to tell if it will... couldn't test fit because friend forgot the key to the tow hitch pin lock. At this point I think I may just wing it and bring only 1 spare to do Dempster in Canada and Dalton in Alaska and save myself $1500 on the mega fit ultraswing that's designed for full size trucks.

yeap, this year's proposed mega trip is going from SoCal through Canada to Alaska to visit Homer, Seward, Whitter, Anchorage, Denali, Fairbanks, and Deadhorse then swing back to Canada to take Dempster to the end of the road in Arctic Circle, then swing down to Banff and then cross back to Montana to see Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton NP then head back down to SoCal.

I said proposed because 1. i'm taking 2 months off to do this and it will be over 10k miles for the trip. 2. my parents may decide to come visit for fall so it's a race to see who confirms what first. and 3. there are lots of moving parts with this, including fitting all the supplies, gears, and spare parts into the truck while leaving the camper available to work as an office in the middle of nowhere.

oh and 4... i'm still having difficulty planning and plotting the first leg of the trip: getting to Oregon LOL

less than 5 months to go to get it all ready!
ooooh, this brings back memories ! In 2006 my wife and I did a round trip road trip from Portland area to Alaska. We were ground-tent camping ! Yep, set up tent and broke down every day. I had a sabbatical from work, it turned out we were exactly "40 days and 40 nights" on the road and we covered 8k miles. Awesome trip, I've been wanting to do it again ever since. But not ground-tent camping next time ! My wife's brother lives in Wasilla, AK, so we finished up there, although we went up to Fairbanks and did a bus tour up the Dalton highway. I forget how far we went, but it was an out and back in one day. It was tedious in the bus, we should have driven, although we were a little put off by not having a CB radio and being in a rental Ford explorer that time.
So many stories from that trip : I 'll share one : leaving Alaska we took the Taylor highway across to Chicken, heading for Dawson City in the Yukon. There was a little place along the way where we planned to get gas. Dude didn't take credit cards, so we were out of luck, not having any cash on us that day, with < half a tank left. So we cross our fingers and drove on, the gas gauge falling and falling. I remember the last 8 or 10 miles was all a long down grade down to the Yukon river at Dawson city so I put the car in neutral and coasted the entire way ! Somehow we made it to the ferry with the tank reading Empty, and across the river and into Dawson city, where it was a case of "any gas station will do, I don't care the price" !
We also came back via Jasper / Banff and Glacier NP. Didn't drive the Dempster highway though.
I'll have to do that trip again. My kids are 11 and 14 now, they would enjoy a road trip like that.
If your trip comes together, you should let me know when and where you're coming through the Peoples Republic of Oregon, I'd love to see that rig of yours !

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ooooh, this brings back memories ! In 2006 my wife and I did a round trip road trip from Portland area to Alaska. We were ground-tent camping ! Yep, set up tent and broke down every day. I had a sabbatical from work, it turned out we were exactly "40 days and 40 nights" on the road and we covered 8k miles. Awesome trip, I've been wanting to do it again ever since. But not ground-tent camping next time ! My wife's brother lives in Wasilla, AK, so we finished up there, although we went up to Fairbanks and did a bus tour up the Dalton highway. I forget how far we went, but it was an out and back in one day. It was tedious in the bus, we should have driven, although we were a little put off by not having a CB radio and being in a rental Ford explorer that time.
So many stories from that trip : I 'll share one : leaving Alaska we took the Taylor highway across to Chicken, heading for Dawson City in the Yukon. There was a little place along the way where we planned to get gas. Dude didn't take credit cards, so we were out of luck, not having any cash on us that day, with < half a tank left. So we cross our fingers and drove on, the gas gauge falling and falling. I remember the last 8 or 10 miles was all a long down grade down to the Yukon river at Dawson city so I put the car in neutral and coasted the entire way ! Somehow we made it to the ferry with the tank reading Empty, and across the river and into Dawson city, where it was a case of "any gas station will do, I don't care the price" !
We also came back via Jasper / Banff and Glacier NP. Didn't drive the Dempster highway though.
I'll have to do that trip again. My kids are 11 and 14 now, they would enjoy a road trip like that.
If your trip comes together, you should let me know when and where you're coming through the Peoples Republic of Oregon, I'd love to see that rig of yours !
That’s a great story and great advice to have cash on hand just in case!

I’m hoping to plan my first cross country trip next year.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my AWE 0FG Dual Rear Exit Catback Exhaust with the Diamond Black 5” Tips installed today!! Sounds amazing really happy with the way it came out super easy install as well. Has a great sound exactly what I was looking for in an exhaust system for my needs. Took my daughter for a drive she is 3 and she absolutely loved it said daddy vroom vroom and was just a giggling and smiling from ear to ear. After it was over she says “daddy love vroom vroom” make your heart melt. 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_4881.jpeg
    IMG_4881.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_4883.jpeg
    IMG_4883.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_4882.jpeg
    IMG_4882.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4884.jpeg
    IMG_4884.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4885.jpeg
    IMG_4885.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4886.jpeg
    IMG_4886.jpeg
    126.3 KB · Views: 82

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
for sure! ill let you know!
i read a few posts about gas stations not opening or not taking card so ill be stashing cash before getting into the middle of nowhere and carrying about 5gallon of gas. with on pavement highway driving I should get at least 15 miles so 5 gallons should get me somewhere where the station is open!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not me. Won't see a Ford product in my garage, ever
same here.
every time i work on a ford, even just oil change on raptors, i cuss a whole week's worth cussing.
i mean, who the hell designs a oil drip ramp for the filter then manage to have the oil drip down the other side when removing the filter... (yeah i know the 5.7 oil filter location is wack..). Then there's also bronco's in-dash manual that lists fuse box location that is NOT found at the corresponding locations... like do these people of different departments don't know there's something called email or even meetings? not to mention cam phasers on those ecoboosts... everyone i know (friends and customers) all have cam phasers failures (that's 5 out of 4, with one that has TWO cam phaser failures on the same truck)

i absolutely hate working on anything with a Ford badge on. i mean, the raptor's nice and capable, but i'm too cheap to pay someone else to wrench it lol

jwtiger69

Reaction score
Finally got new shoes for my truck.

175ed40006aa577d595743a146869ed8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Got my AWE 0FG Dual Rear Exit Catback Exhaust with the Diamond Black 5” Tips installed today!! Sounds amazing really happy with the way it came out super easy install as well. Has a great sound exactly what I was looking for in an exhaust system for my needs. Took my daughter for a drive she is 3 and she absolutely loved it said daddy vroom vroom and was just a giggling and smiling from ear to ear. After it was over she says “daddy love vroom vroom” make your heart melt. 🤣
Any tips on the install?

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any tips on the install?
Biggest thing is just having the right tools first off and maybe a helping hand. Luckily my neighbor has a lift at his house that I was able to do mine with which made it way easier to work on. Everything else is pretty straight forward I struggled a little with the left straight getting it in but once I got it in it was real easy took me about 2 hours in total to complete.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online