5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Wild Bill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A little tender loving care for my Black Diamond Chrystal Pearl-Coat pretty pavement princess (aka high maintenance girlfriend)
No pics needed...

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
How is the noise level? My buddy just got the Venom power Terra hunter RT’s and they hum over 45.

The Kenda R/T’s definitely hum over 45mph as well, but it’s not intolerable to me. Around 60 dB in the cab at 45mph, 65 dB at 70mph.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took a picture, wired my ditch lights with proper extensions, and tried to put some security hardware on them but the bolts didn't fit properly 😔

View attachment 179010
Looks bada$$ man! I noticed in your signature that you have the Vice Designs rear tow hook brackets. I’m thinking about getting them. How do you like them? Have any pics of them?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
5eeb14f192cc7987a323b1faad363b06.jpg

I installed the BedRug XLT carpet bed mat. My uncle has the full BedRug liner in his F150 which I thought was pretty nice, but I’m not super impressed with this mat.

They shipped it without the installation hardware so I had to wait for customer service to mail me replacements. Once I got it installed I had a very “meh” feeling about the fit. The only thing holding the mat in is two long Velcro strips down either side of the middle of the mat. It doesn’t move around but all four corners don’t sit flat. It would have been better if they included four smaller Velcro patches in the corners to better secure those.

Despite my best effort, the piece covering the tailgate isn’t pulled tight and the Velcro adhesive didn’t stick very well. I thoroughly cleaned the attachment points with isopropyl alcohol and used the adhesive promoter, but the Velcro strips are holding tighter to the hook and loop than to the adhesive. If I try to remove the tailgate fabric I’m liable to take the adhered Velcro mounts with it. I’m not hopeful for the long term attachment.

I got this to have a nicer surface to lay golf bags on. One of my last bags developed a hole sliding around on the factory bed liner. Overall, not super impressed with the quality of the product given the price point. I’ll see how the summer goes and might have an update later this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used 3M adhesion promoter and almost all the velcro that came with mine, it hasn't moved in 3 years

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the factory spray in liner. I didn't rough anything and didn't have any adhesive problems.

Neither did I. Wiped the area with 70% isopropyl alcohol then applied 3M adhesion promoter and stuck the velcro on

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the rear window replaced after I developed the dreaded leak. I'm giving it about a week and then I'll get it tinted. I'm fortunate I was in the last 6 months of my extended warranty.
talk about good timing!

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks bada$$ man! I noticed in your signature that you have the Vice Designs rear tow hook brackets. I’m thinking about getting them. How do you like them? Have any pics of them?
I like them. I've used them a couple times and they've done great too. Only gripe, one of the bolts was too short and didn't fit properly so I had to buy one at the hardware store. Not a big deal just annoying lol

I've been kinda wanting the rear bumper from Vice too, looks good but I'm on the fence about it.

20230114_152654.jpg

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like them. I've used them a couple times and they've done great too. Only gripe, one of the bolts was too short and didn't fit properly so I had to buy one at the hardware store. Not a big deal just annoying lol

I've been kinda wanting the rear bumper from Vice too, looks good but I'm on the fence about it.

View attachment 179040
I say go for it that vice bumper color matched would be amazing!

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Knock on wood (with the biggest hammer you got), but so far, no leaks. Tested last night with a hose and all seems to drain properly where it should. Hopefully I can reinstall the fenders and liners tonight with a couple cold ones and move on to an oil change and some cleaning tomorrow.
View attachment 179056
View attachment 179057
It would seem I missed your earlier posts, but where were you having leaks?

What is it that prompted this tear-down?

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It would seem I missed your earlier posts, but where were you having leaks?

What is it that prompted this tear-down?
Passenger floor board. Apparently it's a common tsb with some of the earlier models. I have been having water leaks for some time and finally found out about the tsb. It appears some seam sealer was missed, or at the very least inadequately applied to the inner fender structure. There's a pretty good video on youtube about the teardown and fix if anybody else is in my boat (sad pun, I know).

Attachments

• MC-10215864-9999.pdf
    462.6 KB · Views: 10

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll have to keep an eye out for this as you and I have the same model year.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll have to keep an eye out for this as you and I have the same model year.
Yeah it's weird that it hasn't been a "day 1 issue" and it took a couple years to develop. There have been reports of either and both sides leaking too. My drivers side was bone dry, but while I had it tore down that far, I decided to pull that fender too and seal both sides.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah it's weird that it hasn't been a "day 1 issue" and it took a couple years to develop. There have been reports of either and both sides leaking too. My drivers side was bone dry, but while I had it tore down that far, I decided to pull that fender too and seal both sides.
Do you know what your Build Date is? Mine is May 2021. I haven't experienced any leaks ... yet :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread