5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tazer DT Tips/Help

Ramn'at

Reaction score
I would make sure to unmarry the unit before removing from the truck.
Unmarried (what a pain this was trying to get through the screens) and awaiting reply from support. I texted them and emailed them last week. Yet to hear anything.

Howie Dub

Reaction score
Unmarried (what a pain this was trying to get through the screens) and awaiting reply from support. I texted them and emailed them last week. Yet to hear anything.
Try them on Facebook. They seem pretty responsive there, usually within a day.

brenan00

Reaction score
Aloha All,

I do not have the truck yet, so I only focused on getting the device updated to the beta software version 18.0.6. None of the fun things it can do. So after trying to figure it out without success. I went back to add and remove programs in settings on my PC, and removed ZAutomotive program, then started from scratch.
Here is how I updated to 18.0.6 from 18.0.5.

The Z Auto website is lacking when explaining how to download the 18.0.6 beta update, or I just missed it in the manual and tutorial video.

This is how I got it to download.
Start at support.

Download the file update_beta2.exe in z auto programmer
after download go to your download folder on your PC and right click then choose run as admin
it will install the drivers and the ZPU dashboard.

After it finishes, check the launch box,

The ZPU starts.

Then download the 18.0.6 beta file tazerdt1806beta1.zfw in firmware
go to the ZPU click manual under mode,
for device pull down tazerdt,
then click select file
go back to your download folder on your PC and right click on the file tazerdt1806beta1.zfw click copy
go back to the ZPU and right click in the select file folder and paste the file into that folder
highlight the file then click select
then install firmware wait till done,

you will now see the 18.0.6.032321d1 under version.

Right now I have a beta tazer but no Ram to plug it into.
If this helps, great. If it worked differently for you, better.

Have fun and stay safe. Later

Ramn'at

Reaction score
Tazer got back to me today stating the below:

"You're encountering a very rare glitch that we've only seen a few times. It doesn't actually affect how the Tazer works other than overriding the readout on the dashboard.

You can get around this by pulling fuse F44, located in the Internal Power Distribution Center (interior fuse box), which is behind the kick panel below the steering wheel. Removal of the kick panel is required to access the interior fuses.
That will keep the menu from being overwritten and you can replace the fuse when you're done."

This fuse runs the radio system. Their response leads me to believe I need to pull the fuse anytime I want to use the lightshow, 0-60, or anything else "on the fly". Does this seem like a correct assumption?

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like just when you’re playing with the settings?

"You're encountering a very rare glitch that we've only seen a few times. It doesn't actually affect how the Tazer works other than overriding the readout on the dashboard.

You can get around this by pulling fuse F44, located in the Internal Power Distribution Center (interior fuse box), which is behind the kick panel below the steering wheel. Removal of the kick panel is required to access the interior fuses.
That will keep the menu from being overwritten and you can replace the fuse when you're done."

This fuse runs the radio system. Their response leads me to believe I need to pull the fuse anytime I want to use the lightshow, 0-60, or anything else "on the fly". Does this seem like a correct assumption?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
On some updates they recommend to unmarry prior to update.

1e811ad0630897d932eb125c3680d152.jpg

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
They are going to recommend it to cover their *** in case something doesn't work right

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are going to recommend it to cover their *** in case something doesn't work right
Of course thanks to lawyers but actually they don't recommend on all downloads but most

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

U

User_63152

Updated mine. Seems to be working well. I really like the pulsing 3rd brake light. (y)

U

User_63152

Man, if that's the case, forget it. That's pretty bogus.

NYKBOB

Reaction score
What's your reason (if any) for using the camera with turn signals? I haven't thought about using that feature yet...
I originally turned the camera with turn signal on, but then disabled it. Most times if you are going to change your music selection or do anything on screen it will be at a stop light waiting to make a turn. It was annoying not to have screen access because I was looking at the cars in line behind me while standing still. There is no "X" to shut this off while the blinker was on. This feature could be useful changing lanes on a highway, but other than that it got annoying fairly quickly so I shut it off.

NYKBOB

Reaction score
DON'T FORGET TO REBOOT! I learned the hard way that if you do not reboot after making changes you may come out to your truck and find it with a dead battery. I made some changes one evening but then changed them back. So there was not really any net changes. I therefore did not reboot, - mistake. Next morning dead battery! I had to charge the battery, then unmarry the Tazer, (good time to remove and update to beta), then ran the truck for a day or so to make sure that everything was OK. I've sine reinstalled the Tazer and reset my preferences, followed by a FULL REBOOT!

Bambohunter

Reaction score
Installed mine yesterday and change my drl to my turn signals. Now when I use them I get a bulb out message and the indicator inside blinks fast, however the bulbs blink at normal speed. Anyone have thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AV41Medic

Reaction score
Can someone point me in the direction of the thread dedicated to the TazerDT mod how to's? I can't seem to find it for some reason. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online