5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Oh my God. Someone else like me. I hate f***ing with my phone in my Truck. I want to turn on my truck and drive like I used to do back in the 90s when driving was fun. I listen to CD's in my 2019 for the simple fact that I want to turn on my truck and hear music with out messing with my phone. Same with navigation, I just want it to work all the time without me having to mess with my phone. I work in IT and still hate it. I have since moved from CDs to USB stick with my music on it since my 2025 Limited won't have a cd player. Which seems to work out well for me. If you're asking I don't like SiriusXM never have. I listen to full CDs of artist I like. Glad I am not the only one who likes the simpler things in life.
I work in IT also. I do enough IT for my job and get paid for it that besides my servers in my server rack in my basement I don't want to "IT anymore".
I like saving all my music in iTunes, which goes to MusicBee, which I then sync with my Android phone and only use Poweramp which I can pickup and transfer as is to a new phone.
Any car\truck I get into as long as it has BT I can get the same experience, which is typically all my music on shuffle and never need to touch my phone.
Years ago I would buy BT receivers and swap out the CD player for the receiver instead so I could keep the OEM head units and just get an input that wasn't an aux jack or cassette tapewith a cable hanging out of it.

If you are messing with your phone while driving, that has nothing to with with using Google maps, navigation, music........ I get in my truck and just drive 99% of the time. The few times I need to use navigation, I get the route up on my phone before I ever put the truck in gear and bring up Android auto display on head unit. Being UC4, I do have the plug the phone it, but that takes seconds. After that I don't have to touch my phone again until I stop at destination and get out of the truck.

Takes longer to program in the route on my factory Nav than it does to do the same in Google maps on my phone and plug it in. And, at least in my area, there are still plenty of roads that haven't been updated in the factory Nav maps that have been around for over 10 years. I'm sure the TomTom on UC5 is probably better at that. But with Google Maps, it will have streets for new housing developments shown before the houses are even built. And the route is usually a more efficient route than the factory Nav gives.
Phone connections to the radio are not always seemliness and connections vary great depending on phone make.
I have 0 reason to take my phone out of it's holster let alone screw around with it while driving or even in my truck and that's how I like it.
No reason to spend all that money on a fancy head unit to just broadcast from your phone.
If I could buy a Garmin and have it screen connect to my head unit via wired connection (kind of like a backup camera) and never need to touch the actual Garmin and could hide it in the dash I would likely opt for that, but for me UC5's nav is PERFECT in a sea of garbage car\truck nav head units.

But none of this has to do with this thread, because as far as I know 2025s have UC5, and UC5 uses Tom Tom maps\nav and you are welcome to connect whatever phone you may or may not even own to your truck and use some of the screen for that instead with various levels of integration and effort.

ThatAirRideThough

Reaction score
yes, the public build your ram site is sketchy when it comes to that stuff. honestly it isn't as clean and accurate of an app as chevy, or GMC build a truck app is.
if you notice just selecting the tow group will add tow mirrors to the truck in the public site. complete misrepresentation of the option. it drove me nuts to be honest trying to use it at first.
Sorry, I might be dense…so even though the builder adds tow mirrors when you add the tow group, the tow group doesn’t actually add tow mirrors in real life? That’s a relief! I want the tow group and tow tech but the small mirrors!

jonnygobig

Reaction score
Congrats! I have always been of the opinion that a 3 liter inline 6 is the best balance of displacement and minimized components.(despite many v8 hemi at home) A lot of platforms are following the base bmw N55 (since 2013)and beyond with the twin power. I have had a couple and amazing pull. Even Toyota threw one BMW N55 in the Supra. . So, although il6twin config is new to this platform it is very mature in the industry.

I got a good feeling about this one as they place “Cat3” hurricane label on HO, in the crate, 1000Hp CatX…(X is for hurricane rating). Is reliable? I distrust the software more than the mechanical. Should be room to work even with long block in those big ram engine bays to work, update turbos, intercoolers etc.

Congrats, good color, have fun and show it off here once you got it!

dcchris311

Reaction score
Congrats! I have always been of the opinion that a 3 liter inline 6 is the best balance of displacement and minimized components.(despite many v8 hemi at home) A lot of platforms are following the base bmw N55 (since 2013)and beyond with the twin power. I have had a couple and amazing pull. Even Toyota threw one BMW N55 in the Supra. . So, although il6twin config is new to this platform it is very mature in the industry.

I got a good feeling about this one as they place “Cat3” hurricane label on HO, in the crate, 1000Hp CatX…(X is for hurricane rating). Is reliable? I distrust the software more than the mechanical. Should be room to work even with long block in those big ram engine bays to work, update turbos, intercoolers etc.

Congrats, good color, have fun and show it off here once you got it!

The supra uses the B58, not the N55.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, I might be dense…so even though the builder adds tow mirrors when you add the tow group, the tow group doesn’t actually add tow mirrors in real life? That’s a relief! I want the tow group and tow tech but the small mirrors!
Just to confirm. When I went to the dealer to create my Limited. The Trailer Tow Group did NOT add tow mirrors. If you add the Tow Tech Group (this requires the Trailer Tow Group) it DID add tow mirrors. I think others have confirmed this as well with other dealers. For some reason the website is not showing the most recent pictures. If you plan on building a truck I would confirm with your dealer and check all the options on the truck before you purchase. I had them send me a print out of all the things in each group and read through them to confirm that I was getting what I wanted. It's the only way to know for sure.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
FOR LIMITED & TUNGSTEN
To get Trailer tow Mirrors (GP1 or GP2) you MUST have Trailer Tow Group (AHC)
- AND/OR -
To get Towing Tech Group (AAN) you MUST have Trailer Tow Mirrors (GP1 or GP2) AND Trailer Tow Group (AHC)
- BUT -
If all you want is Trailer Tow Group (AHC) you can get that alone, you do not need Mirrors (GP1/GP2) or Tech (AAN)

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
if you add the tow tech it will automatically add the larger mirrors when the dealer places the order. Thats why I just got the tow group only.

ThatAirRideThough

Reaction score
FOR LIMITED & TUNGSTEN
To get Trailer tow Mirrors (GP1 or GP2) you MUST have Trailer Tow Group (AHC)
- AND/OR -
To get Towing Tech Group (AAN) you MUST have Trailer Tow Mirrors (GP1 or GP2) AND Trailer Tow Group (AHC)
- BUT -
If all you want is Trailer Tow Group (AHC) you can get that alone, you do not need Mirrors (GP1/GP2) or Tech (AAN)
Thank you for the info! That's really helpful, and yep, I'm looking at a Tungsten or more likely a Limited with the Night Edition.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for the info! That's really helpful, and yep, I'm looking at a Tungsten or more likely a Limited with the Night Edition.
I've had a NUMBER of customers start off looking at a Tungsten, a few even ordered - only to press pause and re-do as a Limited, for various reasons.
The key components on Tungsten over Limited are the Klipsch audio, and the 22 way power seats. There of course a lot of other subtleties/aesthetics that we won't really be able to quantify on the interior touch/feel, but those are the two functional components.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've had a NUMBER of customers start off looking at a Tungsten, a few even ordered - only to press pause and re-do as a Limited, for various reasons.
The key components on Tungsten over Limited are the Klipsch audio, and the 22 way power seats. There of course a lot of other subtleties/aesthetics that we won't really be able to quantify on the interior touch/feel, but those are the two functional components.
Don’t forget the ever important bejeweled shifter knob and the Red Keyfob.

C1N Rotary Shifter-Jeweled
CE1 Key Fob - Red

If you don’t have these are you even a Ram owner?
In all seriousness I think the Night Edition and not wanting salt/indigo leather is what pulled me to the Limited.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score

CE1 Key Fob - Red

In all seriousness I think the Night Edition and not wanting salt/indigo leather is what pulled me to the Limited.
the only thing I like on the tungsten that I wish was on the limited is the front bumper facia. as far as the rest of it there was not anything that I would use the limited didn't have.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

CE1 Key Fob - Red

LOL I Saaaaaaid I wasn't going to quantify the value of some of those more aesthetic pieces lol.
I can't keep track of them all let alone apply value.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

CE1 Key Fob - Red

If the red key doesnt add 200hp is it really worth checking the box for that option?

ThatAirRideThough

Reaction score

Thanks again for the info. Cool I can get the little reverse steering knob thingy and the tow package without the tow mirrors...not that I'll use the steering knob over just backing it up like normal, but giving up something from my 2021 Lariat was a bummer...but not anymore. The Tow Tech group definitely looks cool, but call me vein, I just can't hang with the tow mirrors.

I'm so torn on the Tungsten vs Limited, because a Limited spec'd the way I want it is so close to a Tungsten that for the money difference, I'm getting some considerable upgrades...but also three glaring things I just don't really want...I like that the Limiteds come with massaging seats this year, not just the Tungsten! I want the perks of Tungsten but don't want the light interior, the chrome/brushed trim, the one piece front bumper cover or the sunroof...really, want I want most from the Tungsten are the seats for even more adjustability, but I think the new Limited seats will still be amazing. Poking around I think all they give up to the Tungsten (besides color/material) is the adjustable knee support on the bottom cushion, adjustable mid back wing bolsters and bottom cushion bolster, and the electronic four-way headrests (I think the Limited headrests are four way manual, but the front-to-back adjustment isn't parallel with the ground but rather they pivot at the bottom and the top tips, if that makes sense)...of those, and the only thing I really wish the Limited had, was the adjustable upper back bolster wings...the Klipsch sounds awesome, but I don't really listen to the stereo very loud anyways. For me, having dark interior and no sunroof are most important...though I sometimes think I'm crazy to avoid a Tungsten because of the light interior, sunroof and it's front bumper cover because for a couple grand more you probably get more than a couple of grand worth of upgrades...I don't, I just don't think I can!

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks again for the info. Cool I can get the little reverse steering knob thingy and the tow package without the tow mirrors...not that I'll use the steering knob over just backing it up like normal, but giving up something from my 2021 Lariat was a bummer...but not anymore. The Tow Tech group definitely looks cool, but call me vein, I just can't hang with the tow mirrors.

I'm so torn on the Tungsten vs Limited, because a Limited spec'd the way I want it is so close to a Tungsten that for the money difference, I'm getting some considerable upgrades...but also three glaring things I just don't really want...I like that the Limiteds come with massaging seats this year, not just the Tungsten! I want the perks of Tungsten but don't want the light interior, the chrome/brushed trim, the one piece front bumper cover or the sunroof...really, want I want most from the Tungsten are the seats for even more adjustability, but I think the new Limited seats will still be amazing. Poking around I think all they give up to the Tungsten (besides color/material) is the adjustable knee support on the bottom cushion, adjustable mid back wing bolsters and bottom cushion bolster, and the electronic four-way headrests (I think the Limited headrests are four way manual, but the front-to-back adjustment isn't parallel with the ground but rather they pivot at the bottom and the top tips, if that makes sense)...of those, and the only thing I really wish the Limited had, was the adjustable upper back bolster wings...the Klipsch sounds awesome, but I don't really listen to the stereo very loud anyways. For me, having dark interior and no sunroof are most important...though I sometimes think I'm crazy to avoid a Tungsten because of the light interior, sunroof and it's front bumper cover because for a couple grand more you probably get more than a couple of grand worth of upgrades...I don't, I just don't think I can!
I have a 2019 Limited with the HK 19 speakers and it is plenty of sound for me and as the seats are concerned I love my Limited seats and I don’t really think a Tungsten seat will be worth the 2K extra or the pain of me having to deal with the salt/indigo and blue leather with a young kid and a 115lb dog. It is just a matter of preference and since I already have a Limited I know I love it and I might as well stick with it in 2025. Hope you find one you like. I know there are tons of videos of tungsten’s but almost no one reviewed a Limited. I found 3 videos of people reviewing the inside of the limited.

Users who are viewing this thread