5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6" lift on a with 37s performance report?

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
I was on 35s from Jan 2020 to July 21 and then 37s since then until now - so a little over two years. I don’t beat my truck off road like some people, but I do take it out on the trails and have fun! My truck is on a BDS lift and basically set up 1” lower up front and 2” lower in the rear than most 6” kits and I still clear the 37x13.50 Toyo MT tires just fine with 18x9 -12 offset. Those tires are actually 14.2 wide too. I was actually supposed to get 38s this week but they became backordered again 😩 so instead of doing 38s I may add 19mm wheel adapters instead to push out the stance a bit & it’ll be insanely close to the bumper but still no bumper trimming and only mild pinch weld trimming. As far as breaking stuff with 37s I haven’t had any issues aside from wearing the tie rod ends out at 32k miles. Pretty cheap $150 fix though. 35s perform much better on these trucks but the 37s look infinitely better. Plain and simple. After having 37s (and getting used to how the truck behaves with them) I can’t imagine ever going back haha
I've said it before but man that's a beautiful build. I have my 37x13.5r22 Ridge grapplers coming in a couple weeks. I finally found a local 5th gen on a 6" lift with 22x12 -44 and 37s and he made it work with minor pinch weld trimming so I finally pulled the trigger. I'm on a 5" lift for the air ride plus revel links for that extra inch. Thinking on adding that 2" body lift to clear 37s and wide offset with no trimming at all but we'll see how it looks with the current setup and 37s first.

Are you gonna post on IG when that lower grill kit is available for sale? I think it looks much better than a light bar.

Silas Pelton

Reaction score
I figured that with the tow hooks. I'm going to see if I can source a longer bolt and just use some spacers to drop the tow hooks back down, similar to the spacers that come in the carrier bolt drop kit. I'll never actually use the front tow hooks for anything so I'm not worried about functionality, just love the look of them being there. Did you install the body lift yourself? Wondering how long/difficult it would be to do in a driveway.
The tow hooks are mounted to the frame and the bumper goes up with the body lift therefore longer bolts won’t help. I’m going to install lights in the bumper where the hooks were located.

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
The tow hooks are mounted to the frame and the bumper goes up with the body lift therefore longer bolts won’t help. I’m going to install lights in the bumper where the hooks were located.
Ahh yeah I was thinking about that backwards. Damn, custom light pods it is then. Did you install the body lift yourself? How was it? Just wondering what the "got yas" are as I have seen quite a few complaints about bolts being wrong or bumper brackets not working. Assuming most are running the Daystar/PA60402 2" body lift.

Last edited:

Silas Pelton

Reaction score
Ahh yeah I was thinking about that backwards. Damn, custom light pods it is then. Did you install the body lift yourself? How was it? Just wondering what the "got yas" are as I have seen quite a few complaints about bolts being wrong or bumper brackets not working. Assuming most are running the Daystar/PA60402 2" body lift.
I did not install the body lift myself. I had both kits installed at the same time. I thought the same thing about the tow hooks but when I tried to install them I figured out that they would not fit. I even tried swapping them and flipping them upside down but no luck. Here’s a copy of my invoice.

Attachments

• IMG_0535.jpeg
    IMG_0535.jpeg
    35.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
I did not install the body lift myself. I had both kits installed at the same time. I thought the same thing about the tow hooks but when I tried to install them I figured out that they would not fit. I even tried swapping them and flipping them upside down but no luck. Here’s a copy of my invoice.
I had the same issue with my tow hooks after the BL. It would be nice to figure out how to make them work though.

JRD

Reaction score
Lmao thanks for the compliment dude. Nothing glamorous - was doing construction but I want to start getting into making mods for these trucks. First product I designed in CAD and will be selling soon is the lower grille kit with the 3” pods flush mounted inside!
Do you have a link so we could see the lower grill kit or any conceptual drawings?

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have a link so we could see the lower grill kit or any conceptual drawings?
I don’t but I’m getting the first production version back from the machine shop very soon and as long as all my measurements are spot on we’ll start up the first run of 150 grilles and go from there! Trust me, as soon as it’s available I’ll be spamming it everywhere haha.

Bigty

Reaction score
I was on 35s from Jan 2020 to July 21 and then 37s since then until now - so a little over two years. I don’t beat my truck off road like some people, but I do take it out on the trails and have fun! My truck is on a BDS lift and basically set up 1” lower up front and 2” lower in the rear than most 6” kits and I still clear the 37x13.50 Toyo MT tires just fine with 18x9 -12 offset. Those tires are actually 14.2 wide too. I was actually supposed to get 38s this week but they became backordered again 😩 so instead of doing 38s I may add 19mm wheel adapters instead to push out the stance a bit & it’ll be insanely close to the bumper but still no bumper trimming and only mild pinch weld trimming. As far as breaking stuff with 37s I haven’t had any issues aside from wearing the tie rod ends out at 32k miles. Pretty cheap $150 fix though. 35s perform much better on these trucks but the 37s look infinitely better. Plain and simple. After having 37s (and getting used to how the truck behaves with them) I can’t imagine ever going back haha
My question is, whats the MPG difference going from a 35 to a 37? Is it dramatic.....or just a bit worse?..lol

Silas Pelton

Reaction score
My question is, whats the MPG difference going from a 35 to a 37? Is it dramatic.....or just a bit worse?..lol
I’m getting 13mpg but I’m still running the stock 3:21 gears. I’m still trying to find someone that can weld in a 4:88 ring gear for my front differential.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I tracked it very closely and going from 35x12.50 to 37x12.50 was maybe 1/2mpg worse. Then going to 37x13.50 saw 1/2-1 full mpg drop

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tracked it very closely and going from 35x12.50 to 37x12.50 was maybe 1/2mpg worse. Then going to 37x13.50 saw 1/2-1 full mpg drop
i wonder if i should get 37x13.5 tires lol if they would do me any good off roading … in snow and ****

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
i wonder if i should get 37x13.5 tires lol if they would do me any good off roading … in snow and ****
I can’t say for sure how much difference you’ll notice for snow performance but they definitely look amazing! Haha

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can’t say for sure how much difference you’ll notice for snow performance but they definitely look amazing! Haha
well really deep snow and gonna cut more siphon grooves haha …. but i have a set of 305/70/18 baja boss at that will be on my daily rims and on beadlocks will have the 37x13.5

Users who are viewing this thread