5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am curious if we start hearing about the HO trucks in March since the expected start of production was 3/5, which I assume will delayed. Here’s to hoping.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
So the TRX is going from a 700hp supercharged V8 to a 541hp turbocharged inline 6.

What a massive failure. Such a disappointment. Why even bother anymore?

Truckguy

Reaction score
Hope you like going to the dealership with problems. Never buy a first year vehicle epically with a brand new engine. Your local dealership will love you though with all the work they will lilkely get imo.
I have a 2019 ram with a build date of May 2018. I have had more issues out of the Hemi engine than anything else with the truck. First year of a redesign with a “tried and true” engine and the engine has been the issue. I don’t see any problem with buying a first year model. All of the vehicles have problems and by the time they get worked out the trucks get a redesign or refresh.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So the TRX is going from a 700hp supercharged V8 to a 541hp turbocharged inline 6.

Well, they aren't going to call it a TRX, but it's still much more powerful than the highly successful main competitor in the Ford Raptor, which has been a V6 for a whole generation. In fact, it's very rare limited V8 R model was only in response to the TRX.

If Ford can be successful with a Raptor V6, I can't see why RAM couldn't with a I6 competitor with nearly 100 more hp. They will of course need to drop the price inline with the Raptor.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
Well, they aren't going to call it a TRX, but it's still much more powerful than the highly successful main competitor in the Ford Raptor, which has been a V6 for a whole generation. In fact, it's very rare limited V8 R model was only in response to the TRX.

If Ford can be successful with a Raptor V6, I can't see why RAM couldn't with a I6 competitor with nearly 100 more hp. They will of course need to drop the price inline with the Raptor.

Well is it just going to be the "Rebel" then? Our trucks were basically a "pseudo-Raptor" (God help me for saying that). So is this what it ends up being with an increase in performance.

The TRX is basically just no-more, I guess.

I dunno. In another life I'd have gotten a TRX to have. I think we are really seeing an end of an era here. 700hp was something special. The guys who are getting the last of the 2024's got an icon for sure.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Well is it just going to be the "Rebel" then? Our trucks were basically a "pseudo-Raptor" (God help me for saying that). So is this what it ends up being with an increase in performance.

The TRX is basically just no-more, I guess.

I dunno. In another life I'd have gotten a TRX to have. I think we are really seeing an end of an era here. 700hp was something special. The guys who are getting the last of the 2024's got an icon for sure.

I think essentially it's going to be the same exact truck but with a revised high-output I6TT with 540 - 600hp. So the same wide body and suspension travel, exterior, etc. The reason why no TRX name is the hp isn't at that level, though they stated they may re-use the name later with a more powerful version, probably a hybrid with over 700 hp.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
I think essentially it's going to be the same exact truck but with a revised high-output I6TT with 540 - 600hp. So the same wide body and suspension travel, exterior, etc. The reason why no TRX name is the hp isn't at that level, though they stated they may re-use the name later with a more powerful version, probably a hybrid with over 700 hp.

There also has been rumors Dodge is going to surprise everyone with a new Hemi release. I won't hold my breath. It's been heavily pushed online though. Orange valve covers. The only vehicle they are saying may get it though is the Charger Hellcat.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
There also has been rumors Dodge is going to surprise everyone with a new Hemi release. I won't hold my breath. It's been heavily pushed online though. Orange valve covers. The only vehicle they are saying may get it though is the Charger Hellcat.
I thought Dodge said no more ICE chargers?

SD Rebel

Reaction score

God that would be sweet, maybe they read the tea leaves or the rage online and saw their bottom line which is heavily front loaded from their North American operations. However, I highly doubt it.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I thought Dodge said no more ICE chargers?

There will be ICE chargers, with the Hurricane, but 8-speed automatic only. But no hybrid mentioned, but that maybe later. Really curious to see the sales ratio between the EV vs ICE versions, suspect less than 20% sold will be EV.

Idahoktm

Reaction score

The new truck is called the RHO (Removed Hellcat Option) 540 HP TT I6. Based on how popular the V6 Raptor is, I'm sure it will do well for Ram. Not for me though.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
The new truck is called the RHO (Removed Hellcat Option) 540 HP TT I6. Based on how popular the V6 Raptor is, I'm sure it will be popular. Not for me though.

You are blessed to have the truck you have. Hold on to that bad boy.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I meanz they have a 1000+HP Hurricate option, so no reason why s production model couldn't have 700-800hp.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I meanz they have a 1000+HP Hurricate option, so no reason why s production model couldn't have 700-800hp.

Absolutely, but I suspect it needs to hold together for at least 100K miles in a mass production truck that also needs to meet 50 state emissions and 91 octane.

They can probably hit that 700 plus hp reliably with hybrid assist.

Csprout01

Reaction score
There is an incentive for pre-ordering and the 12% is about the best I’m aware of for Ford and Dodge. Granger in IA and Mark in LA are two giving those deals. There may be more, but it gives you an idea of how much dealers are making when they sell new models to the general public off the lot.

Users who are viewing this thread