5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Window Leak Class Action Lawsuit Status Update

cerbo

Reaction score
Can anyone give facts to IF and WHEN the replacements or what model year this has been corrected?
Isn t there a @RAMCARE person here who can help clear up all the information ?
I am not wanting to wait till everything gets wet to decide what to do.
Maybe preventative measures soon.

Lawman1Bravo

Reaction score
Are they covering everything under warranty?
Nope giving me BS , halfazz and Chrysler is telling me they will give me once a goodwill and will only pay half and I have to pay the other half and is not paying for the dealership rental if they are gonna give me a goodwill . Dealership willnt release it to me or give me a straight answer if they fixed the problem with out knowing who is paying the bill . Freakin 2021 Ram 1500 limited with all the options except tow mirrors and 15,300 miles on it .

MS Delta

Reaction score
Nope giving me BS , halfazz and Chrysler is telling me they will give me once a goodwill and will only pay half and I have to pay the other half and is not paying for the dealership rental if they are gonna give me a goodwill . Dealership willnt release it to me or give me a straight answer if they fixed the problem with out knowing who is paying the bill . Freakin 2021 Ram 1500 limited with all the options except tow mirrors and 15,300 miles on it .
Are you out of warranty period per the 36 months?

Lawman1Bravo

Reaction score
Yes out of Basic warranty ( Oct 2023 ) and the fact Chrysler told me 1 they were gonna take care of it and the rental and would expedite what ever I needed . Now they are back stepping about every thing they said .

Lawman1Bravo

Reaction score
Yes and here is the update . The dealership basically called my wife and I Lier’s and said we broke it and that our story doesn’t add up . Well we know what we seen and what happened . Being a FF for 23 years I know what smoke is and what wires burning smell like . So the dealership told Chrysler there was no sign of fire and the above we broke it . Everything Chrysler said they would do never happened . So fast forward we. Paid half the bill for the new glass and the rental the dealership gave us came out to $1,700 plus . Chrysler paid a $600 something so our total bill was $1,013. Something . Fast forward today we picked the truck up 2 nights ago and it snowed the other night . Remote started the truck and to find out the new glass is leaking . Water dripping onto the back seats and the headliner behind the driver is soaked now . Ran the truck back down to the dealership to talk to a manager so this time we aren’t accused of damaging my own truck . So now on holding pattern and brought up to him our original concern on how this all happened and now this . So stuck here in Michigan and missing work in Pittsburgh ( burning my vacation days to deal with this bs ) .

Jmac509

Reaction score
That's really unfortunate they didn't take care of the issue when this is a known problem that frequently gets reported.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After I had the rear window replaced, the hub replaced & the rear brake light by the dealer I went back and sealed the new window myself with 3M 5200 Marine sealant because if you replace all of those parts with the same eventually defective parts you will get the same results. I'm sure Permatex is ok but I know what 5200 does and it never leaks.

Jmac509

Reaction score
After I had the rear window replaced, the hub replaced & the rear brake light by the dealer I went back and sealed the new window myself with 3M 5200 Marine sealant because if you replace all of those parts with the same eventually defective parts you will get the same results. I'm sure Permatex is ok but I know what 5200 does and it never leaks.

I like this solution, 3M 5200 is incredible. I hope you never have to replace that window now that you put 5200 on it.

Lawman1Bravo

Reaction score
Ok here is the final update and a little recap . By the way we are back home and the end result . Last Ram I will buy ( $74,000 plus with only 15,000 plus miles on her ) doesn’t mean any thing to Chrysler and been loyal for over 23 years . 1 Chrysler lied and back peddled . $250 for the glass ppl at the dealership and $850 some thing for the glass and taxes and what not . So was $1,700 some thing but I was lowered to $1,200 something and Chrysler paid $600 something toward the truck work and we $600 something and $394 ($1,013. Out of our pocket ) for the loaner from the dealership which Chrysler told us not to worry about it they would do what ever it takes and this was all done threw chat and the agent told me to prove it and requested a copy of the chat and was told it’s for internal use only sorry can’t have a copy . My insurance dropped the claim due to an electrical mechanical failure . Apparently it’s an exclusion from our policy .
1.) I don’t believe the dealership never took out the back seat ( fire ball , Ozo , and 2 military flasks and a ball cap under the rear seat ) they are heated and cooled and wires are ziptied in plus glass was still on the seats and never cleaned the glass up or out of the bed of the truck and just threw my fire gear and body armor on top of it and put the cover back on said because of personal items the didn’t do it . Was told originally that there would be an extra charge if they had too do it .
2.) Kept telling us that their tech couldn’t find any thing and ran diagnostics on her told us several times that they did in person and on the phone . Here’s the continuation of lies . Never ran any thing on the truck to find out how and why the glass spidered or why there was smoke and smell of wires burning . Came straight from the owner or GM of the dealership said Chrysler asked series of questions and that was that and so nothing was checked . Also told us her could have ran a million diagnostics on her but he wasn’t getting paid for it so the never did and wasn’t gonna waste his time if his dealership wasn’t getting paid and Chrysler didn’t authorize it .
3.) ( After window was replaced and remote start after snow fall to thaw out the truck . ) Have pictures and video of water dripping into the truck and the headliner was dripping and water was on the seats . Even ran her back down to the dealership and a sales manager seen the videos and pictures and felt the headliner and agreed about the water . By the way apparently no one works on Saturdays at this dealership in services just car salesmen and women.
So took her back on Monday and told us the glass company was coming back and supposedly couldn’t replicate the leaks . ( wife believes they fixed the window the 2nd time with out telling us because then they would be responsible for the headliner and the seats if for any reason they would be damaged from the water leaking onto them ) .
4.) There was no real communication between us or the dealership ( very little with Chrysler ) as if they were avoiding us and we would call and no one would pick up ( caller ID ) and no updates . My wife called them on a Friday and we were told the truck was done Wednesday but wasn’t gonna release the truck until they knew who was paying them plus charged us the extra days for the loaner even though truck was done mid week .
Bottom line is yes my truck is beautiful ( all the bells and whistles) Demonico red how ever not worth the B.S. and the lies and all the broken promises from Chrysler and Dealerships that represent their product and services . And of course I will be blasting the lies and BS that was told on every military fb sites and how they handled this .

irishwake63

Reaction score
Ok here is the final update and a little recap . By the way we are back home and the end result . Last Ram I will buy ( $74,000 plus with only 15,000 plus miles on her ) doesn’t mean any thing to Chrysler and been loyal for over 23 years . 1 Chrysler lied and back peddled . $250 for the glass ppl at the dealership and $850 some thing for the glass and taxes and what not . So was $1,700 some thing but I was lowered to $1,200 something and Chrysler paid $600 something toward the truck work and we $600 something and $394 ($1,013. Out of our pocket ) for the loaner from the dealership which Chrysler told us not to worry about it they would do what ever it takes and this was all done threw chat and the agent told me to prove it and requested a copy of the chat and was told it’s for internal use only sorry can’t have a copy . My insurance dropped the claim due to an electrical mechanical failure . Apparently it’s an exclusion from our policy .
1.) I don’t believe the dealership never took out the back seat ( fire ball , Ozo , and 2 military flasks and a ball cap under the rear seat ) they are heated and cooled and wires are ziptied in plus glass was still on the seats and never cleaned the glass up or out of the bed of the truck and just threw my fire gear and body armor on top of it and put the cover back on said because of personal items the didn’t do it . Was told originally that there would be an extra charge if they had too do it .
2.) Kept telling us that their tech couldn’t find any thing and ran diagnostics on her told us several times that they did in person and on the phone . Here’s the continuation of lies . Never ran any thing on the truck to find out how and why the glass spidered or why there was smoke and smell of wires burning . Came straight from the owner or GM of the dealership said Chrysler asked series of questions and that was that and so nothing was checked . Also told us her could have ran a million diagnostics on her but he wasn’t getting paid for it so the never did and wasn’t gonna waste his time if his dealership wasn’t getting paid and Chrysler didn’t authorize it .
3.) ( After window was replaced and remote start after snow fall to thaw out the truck . ) Have pictures and video of water dripping into the truck and the headliner was dripping and water was on the seats . Even ran her back down to the dealership and a sales manager seen the videos and pictures and felt the headliner and agreed about the water . By the way apparently no one works on Saturdays at this dealership in services just car salesmen and women.
So took her back on Monday and told us the glass company was coming back and supposedly couldn’t replicate the leaks . ( wife believes they fixed the window the 2nd time with out telling us because then they would be responsible for the headliner and the seats if for any reason they would be damaged from the water leaking onto them ) .
4.) There was no real communication between us or the dealership ( very little with Chrysler ) as if they were avoiding us and we would call and no one would pick up ( caller ID ) and no updates . My wife called them on a Friday and we were told the truck was done Wednesday but wasn’t gonna release the truck until they knew who was paying them plus charged us the extra days for the loaner even though truck was done mid week .
Bottom line is yes my truck is beautiful ( all the bells and whistles) Demonico red how ever not worth the B.S. and the lies and all the broken promises from Chrysler and Dealerships that represent their product and services . And of course I will be blasting the lies and BS that was told on every military fb sites and how they handled this .
I feel the same way I have had Ramtrucks since 01 but this will be the last for me as well - price goes up and the quality and the service goes down further I dont want a 55K POS I will look into a pre 99 F250 that should take me to the grave (hopefully)

Lawman1Bravo

Reaction score
Woke up this morning and was leaving work to find rain drops ( water ) on my back seats ( passenger side rear seat and center seat near the head rest ) that the dealership switched re they couldn’t replicate the issue but yet unless my truck her self is crying then it’s a miracle it’s happening which by they way call bs .

Attachments

• IMG_3736.jpeg
    IMG_3736.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3735.jpeg
    IMG_3735.jpeg
    198.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Sad
Reactions: c3k

cerbo

Reaction score
Following,.... waiting on my 5th replacement rear window to arrive! I wonder who holds the record for most replacements. This last one lasted 3 years!
so they have NOT updated the window or frame.

PetePA

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this was addressed in the 2025 refresh?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this was addressed in the 2025 refresh?
How could anyone know?
I would say very unlikely. It looks like most parts are reused and this is more of an engine change then a proper refresh after the 6 year model run.

Reaction score
" like wipers, they could be considered a frequently replaceable item"
wow a bold face lie since when is a back glass frequently replaced????? LOL well i guess as far as ram is concerned they are.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
" like wipers, they could be considered a frequently replaceable item"
wow a bold face lie since when is a back glass frequently replaced????? LOL well i guess as far as ram is concerned they are.
It's funny because on a 5th Gen ram 1500 the rear window IS a frequently replaced item LOL :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/