5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Ready Go

Reaction score
We're in Wisco, so doin' what we do best today....

Seems to be a theme here!
(there was a stop in between, but forgot to take a pic)

Attachments

• 20240221_150519.jpg
    20240221_150519.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 20240221_162426.jpg
    20240221_162426.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 77

Ravenous

Reaction score
I live in Upstate NY and use Krown. Typically get it done twice a year but after winter, I get the Krown salt bath before application.
I live upstate also, I take it Krown is good protection? Got a few shops nearby and have been debating that vs Ziebarts.

mplaramie

Reaction score
I live upstate also, I take it Krown is good protection? Got a few shops nearby and have been debating that vs Ziebarts.
Everyone has their favorite. My dad is a Zeibart guy for rustproofing. I do like Zeibart for their ceramic coat and PPF. Most guys I know that have their trucks 5 years or more use Krown and have no rust issues. I've used Krown for years and never had a rust issue.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
New tires. 295/70-18 from stock 265/65-18 Falken Wildpeak AT3’s.
All stock and zero rubbing.

Weird how they make the truck look more level by filling in the wheel wells.
I measured and 1 1/2” rake still there which is fine for me. Sit’s level when my boat is hooked up or bed is filled with hunting gear in fall/winter. Ice fishing gear till spring.

Before

IMG_1103.jpeg

After

IMG_1104.jpeg

Last edited:

LonghornRik

Reaction score
Installed some a pillar squadron pros in yellow from baja designs on diode dynamics brackets and a 30" OnX6 light bar with a bracket from @Shifts And Grins Fab. Had some issues with the brackets as they were not a perfect fit like advertised on my longhorn, ended up getting longer bolts and having to zip tie one part to make it secure. Was definitely a challenge getting everything in place but love how it turned out.

Attachments

• IMG_3175.jpeg
    IMG_3175.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3176.jpeg
    IMG_3176.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3173.jpeg
    IMG_3173.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3179.jpeg
    IMG_3179.jpeg
    226.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3191.jpeg
    IMG_3191.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3189.jpeg
    IMG_3189.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3186.jpeg
    IMG_3186.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3193.jpeg
    IMG_3193.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 70

RumRam

Reaction score
Have NOCO boost sport gb20, NOCO boost x GBX45 and NOCO boost HD GB70 for 3 of our vehicles. Have used GB 70 3 times already without recharging. Wish I kept records of vehicles I boosted. Would definitely recommend.

dajogejr

Reaction score
Picked mine up from the collision shop. Had a large, commercial smoker on a hefty trailer pop off the hitch not once, but twice on me a few weeks ago. SUCKED… but nobody hurt.
So after a week in the shop, got it back. Really impressed with the shop that did the work.
That trailer was one tough SOB.. a little scratch of paint is the only battle scar it endured…LOL

Attachments

• IMG_1215.jpeg
    IMG_1215.jpeg
    228.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1289.jpeg
    IMG_1289.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1263.jpeg
    IMG_1263.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 92

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Picked mine up from the collision shop. Had a large, commercial smoker on a hefty trailer pop off the hitch not once, but twice on me a few weeks ago. SUCKED… but nobody hurt.
So after a week in the shop, got it back. Really impressed with the shop that did the work.
That trailer was one tough SOB.. a little scratch of paint is the only battle scar it endured…LOL
Bummer.
You sure you got the correct size ball on your hitch for the trailer?

dajogejr

Reaction score
Bummer.
You sure you got the correct size ball on your hitch for the trailer?
1000% sure.
2” on ball and receiver.
I believe…combo of two things. Lower hitch on my truck, bought too low…and, the lock on the receiver needed to be tightened up. We’ve towed this trailer for thousands upon thousands of miles.
I don’t think anyone has ever maintained, tighten up the trailer neck where it clamps down.
I took it all apart, springs, metal, all pieces looked fine. Gave it an additional turn or two putting it together, much more snug fit.
The dual axle trailer was designed to ride 16-18 inch high. The 6 inch drop hitch I used is at the bottom of that.
My gut feeling, since nothing inside the hitch assembly is broken or bent… between it topping out on the ball over bumps AND the receiver being loose…it was just time.

I can tell you I’m not towing it again to find out.. but, if I absolutely had to.. a 4 inch drop and the tightening of the hitch will probably give us thousands of more miles of trouble free. After it hopping off my hitch not once but twice… I’m not gonna be the guy to try that again.
End game, nobody got hurt, safety chains did their job.. just a kissed rear bumper and another story…

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed some a pillar squadron pros in yellow from baja designs on diode dynamics brackets and a 30" OnX6 light bar with a bracket from @Shifts And Grins Fab. Had some issues with the brackets as they were not a perfect fit like advertised on my longhorn, ended up getting longer bolts and having to zip tie one part to make it secure. Was definitely a challenge getting everything in place but love how it turned out.
What was your issue with the shifts and grins bracket?

Fbird

Reaction score
^^^^WOW. you dodged a bullet on the trailer thing, they usually do NOT end up well.
Ordered my new exhaust manifolds from MOPAR ONLINE saved me $120 from what my local dealer wanted $335 vs $210 DELIVERED) Also spent the last few days PREPPING for the install by spraying down the manifold bolts with Kroil oil after I get him while HOT. Yesterday I had some time so I broke loose MOST of the bolts. Once i get the manifolds the job looks pretty straightforward stuff. I still need to troubleshoot the Ambient Air sensor to determine if the DDM is the culprit. It has voltage @ the sensor but I have NOT gone back into the door panel as 1. DAMN those clips suk, 2. Not going back in until I get the new speakers 2 birds at 1 time.

LonghornRik

Reaction score
What was your issue with the shifts and grins bracket?
Wish I would of taken a picture of it, as the brackets now block it, but there is a piece of metal that is where the brackets mount. The end of it was slightly curved causing the brackets to tilt inwards when fully tightened. Ended up having to get the light bar mounted in first and then tighten the brackets fully. Puts some stress of the actual light bar i'm sure but it really was the only option. Needed to get longer bolts for this and there was an issue with the bolt threading in the bottom right hole. It looked like it tapered off to a smaller size so I drilled it out a bit to get it in halfway and secured it with some zip ties. Not too proud of the install but its really the best I could get it. I may be able to get a picture of the interference as I don't have a good way to describe it.

Brunzca

Reaction score
Had the Eibach kit installed today. Pro Stage 2. I'll get some better pics this weekend. It looks a little nose-high in these pics, but I think it's because of the sport hood, or maybe I took a crappy pic.. haha. I'll measure it this weekend, too and report back. The ride is fantastic. At least as good as stock, I also had to go over a curb when making a u-turn, and hardly even noticed that I went over it - so even better than stock there.

Lift1.jpeg Lift 2.jpeg

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had the Eibach kit installed today. Pro Stage 2. I'll get some better pics this weekend. It looks a little nose-high in these pics, but I think it's because of the sport hood, or maybe I took a crappy pic.. haha. I'll measure it this weekend, too and report back. The ride is fantastic. At least as good as stock, I also had to go over a curb when making a u-turn, and hardly even noticed that I went over it - so even better than stock there.

View attachment 177543 View attachment 177544
Looks great man! I would agree that it looks a bit nose high. You could always drop the front down a few threads to make it aesthetically level.

Brunzca

Reaction score
Looks great man! I would agree that it looks a bit nose high. You could always drop the front down a few threads to make it aesthetically level.
Thanks! I'll measure and see, drive it for a little and see if it settles.. If it bothers me, I can definitely do that. Nice feature that they are easily adjustable

cerbo

Reaction score
1000% sure.
2” on ball and receiver.
I believe…combo of two things. Lower hitch on my truck, bought too low…and, the lock on the receiver needed to be tightened up. We’ve towed this trailer for thousands upon thousands of miles.
I don’t think anyone has ever maintained, tighten up the trailer neck where it clamps down.
I took it all apart, springs, metal, all pieces looked fine. Gave it an additional turn or two putting it together, much more snug fit.
The dual axle trailer was designed to ride 16-18 inch high. The 6 inch drop hitch I used is at the bottom of that.
My gut feeling, since nothing inside the hitch assembly is broken or bent… between it topping out on the ball over bumps AND the receiver being loose…it was just time.
loose on the clamp would be my guess, In the past I would jack it up ( a little) from the trailer tongue to see if it pops.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
loose on the clamp would be my guess, In the past I would jack it up ( a little) from the trailer tongue to see if it pops.
After having my boat trailer pop off the ball going out the driveway I do the same. Used to lift by hand to test till I threw my back out doing that. Jack works better. Smarter not harder.😆

Users who are viewing this thread