5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Ready Go

Reaction score
I’ll keep you and @Insanity in my prayers. I have a close friend whom experienced a TBI years ago. But he has recovered and leads a mostly normal life. So don’t lose hope and keep up the good work. 🙏
MUCH appreciated!!
I've got an extensive prayer list I do every night when I go to bed..it's how I calm myself to sleep.
Thanks again, truly🤗

SShadow1974

Reaction score
Has there ever been a 5thgenrams forum link up?🤔

Someone should organize an event so we can hold hands and sing kumbaya face to face......and sling mud at Ferralio's truck for the heck of it.😁
I'm down if it's in the Lower Mainland of BC. :) Especially the mud flingin' part! In fact I know where there is a Porsche and Lambo dealership side by side... :)

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I knew you were being serious. From personal experience there is no returning to normal for me.
I'm coming to that conclusion slowly, I'm still hopeful, but probably there with you.
Best wishes for a best recovery situation.
Like anything in life, it’ll get to a point where it’s the new norm.
Hopefully, that’s close and enough.

Insanity

Reaction score
Best wishes for a best recovery situation.
Like anything in life, it’ll get to a point where it’s the new norm.
Hopefully, that’s close and enough.

Thanks mang.

To me I am normal but to my family I am different in a bad way. The new norm is a very real thing after a TBI. My first TBI happened in 2013 in Afghanistan when an IED was set off and messed up my brain, nothing physical. I am dealing with a second one now when I fell out of a work truck and hit my head really hard on the ground. I have not been able to work or do much of anything since mid August. The pain in my back and neck along with the headaches are crippling.

After going through the first event I am very sensitive to my behavior changes. It took almost 2 years for me to realize I was having severe issues the first time. With this new one I noticed behavior changes right away.

One thing that helps is anything that makes you think. I have heard it called neural plasticity. It has helped me by doing simple sudoku puzzles to relearn some things I lost after my first TBI. I had to relearn how to spell, math, talk, write, and not just react to everything with anger. I am better but I still have a hard time communicating I shake nonstop my hands don't do what i want them to sometimes.

@Ready Go I hope you are able to make a full recovery.

Ready Go

Reaction score

Someone should organize an event so we can hold hands and sing kumbaya face to face......and sling mud at Ferralio's truck for the heck of it.😁
I love this idea!❤️
Ferralio may not!🪣

*I added my state to my signature recently thinking maybe someone near me will reach out to connect.

Ready Go

Reaction score
Thanks mang.

To me I am normal but to my family I am different in a bad way. The new norm is a very real thing after a TBI. My first TBI happened in 2013 in Afghanistan when an IED was set off and messed up my brain, nothing physical. I am dealing with a second one now when I fell out of a work truck and hit my head really hard on the ground. I have not been able to work or do much of anything since mid August. The pain in my back and neck along with the headaches are crippling.

After going through the first event I am very sensitive to my behavior changes. It took almost 2 years for me to realize I was having severe issues the first time. With this new one I noticed behavior changes right away.

One thing that helps is anything that makes you think. I have heard it called neural plasticity. It has helped me by doing simple sudoku puzzles to relearn some things I lost after my first TBI. I had to relearn how to spell, math, talk, write, and not just react to everything with anger. I am better but I still have a hard time communicating I shake nonstop my hands don't do what i want them to sometimes.

@Ready Go I hope you are able to make a full recovery.
My heart goes out to you❤️
(Thank you for your service, and sacrifice!)

You are absolutely on my prayer chain now🙏

My situation is no where near as life altering as yours..I can only imagine!

I've taken to crossword puzzles. For me they are the perfect challenge.

My new Neurologist suggested that since I've early retired, I have to put myself on a daily routine from end to end to have some structure. She wants me to get back to weight training and cardio like I used to do beforecthe accident..even if meds needed for pain. Also, she said "get back in the garage and do your hobby for at least 15-30mins a day" (because modding has been my life since my teens). I asked her if she would script me an L78 '69 Nova/Camaro or LS6 '70 Chevelle, I'm still waiting for that script to come through!!

Here's a pic of the '69 RS ZL-1 that I built back in 2010. Full aluminum 427 BBC, M-22 trans, BE 4.10 rear all date- matched to the VIN.
(The one incorrect thing..the grille should be silver on a black car, but, I gotta be me!)

Attachments

• IMGP9564.JPG
    IMGP9564.JPG
    284.2 KB · Views: 53
  • stuff_fall_068.jpg
    stuff_fall_068.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 52

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm down if it's in the Lower Mainland of BC. :) Especially the mud flingin' part! In fact I know where there is a Porsche and Lambo dealership side by side... :)
I'd suggest north central US or south central CAN. Should be central enough to all.

Or.mabe we do one for the west coast and one for the east....

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has there ever been a 5thgenrams forum link up?

Someone should organize an event so we can hold hands and sing kumbaya face to face......and sling mud at Ferralio's truck for the heck of it.

Oh I would attend this lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I've tried getting something up for the Built to Serve editions, but seems only guys on the east coast want to do anything, and I'm in Nebraska.

Ready Go

Reaction score
I've tried getting something up for the Built to Serve editions, but seems only guys on the east coast want to do anything, and I'm in Nebraska.
My wife's sister is in Bellevue and we'll be road tripping out there this year..I'll get in touch beforehand and maybe we can get a meet going there.
Maybe WB B-H will sponsor us, haaa!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My wife's sister is in Bellevue and we'll be road tripping out there this year..I'll get in touch beforehand and maybe we can get a meet going there.
Maybe WB B-H will sponsor us, haaa!
I'm actually in Bellevue. Will be plenty of car shows, or I work at the local drag strip on weekends. Lots of things to do

Insanity

Reaction score
@Insanity
Hey, just realized..it's gonna sound strange in my mind to be praying "for Insanity" (God will know, but still). Maybe PM me your first name or initials (or post if you want). Understand if you're private..I can do Insanity if so.👍

Sent you a pm.

Users who are viewing this thread