5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 1500 Big Star/Lone Star Fire

Sgtski

Reaction score
Truck was sitting for 3 days and started on fire, no electrical work or any other lately

Attachments

• 20240201_144859.jpg
    20240201_144859.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 20240201_144832.jpg
    20240201_144832.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 20240201_144812.jpg
    20240201_144812.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 20240201_144808.jpg
    20240201_144808.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 20240201_144751.jpg
    20240201_144751.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 20240201_144744.jpg
    20240201_144744.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 80

Av1

Reaction score
Ouch. I'm curious what caused it to happen.

At least it wasn't sitting in your garage.

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dam! I've seen burnt cars before but that thing got Toasted.
Totally melted the tailgate.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I thought this only happened to electric vehicles…

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
He fact that the entire truck is completely burned makes me think this was intentional. If it was an engine fire, or electrical in cab, it wouldn't have reached the tailgate

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The fact that the entire truck is completely burned makes me think this was intentional. If it was an engine fire, or electrical in cab, it wouldn't have reached the tailgate
Kinda what I was thinking. 🤔

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
So how did you start the fire? That ain't natural causes, and no one tried to put it out after it was hit several times.

Also that truck is from a junk yard, it's obvious when you look at all the rust. Also rear end was hit in an accident as it's bent in 90 degrees, hell even the front end is hit in.

I can go take pictures in the junk yard and make false captions too.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So how did you start the fire? That ain't natural causes, and no one tried to put it out after it was hit several times.

Also that truck is from a junk yard, it's obvious when you look at all the rust. Also rear end was hit in an accident as it's bent in 90 degrees, hell even the front end is hit in.

Not sure what you are looking at that makes you think the front and rear have been hit.

Also, doesn't take long for rust to form on bare metal. Especially that has been in high heat. Shoot, your brake rotors will show rust after sitting two days if there is humidity in the air, or they get splashed with water

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is that the fire started at the rear of the truck. The spare tire is gone, as are the taillights. If it started in the rear, it could definitely take out the front. Where's the hood? They don't melt away.

Parked over dry, tall grass?

banditsc

Reaction score
Looks like the fire was more intense in the back in the bed area. The back rim is melted away, but the front is intact and the tire is even still there.

Sgtski

Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is that the fire started at the rear of the truck. The spare tire is gone, as are the taillights. If it started in the rear, it could definitely take out the front. Where's the hood? They don't melt away.

Parked over dry, tall grass?
No we live in Northern Wisconsin, I was told that the hood is also made of aluminum same as tailgate.

Sgtski

Reaction score
I think you guys are just feeding the troll by continuing to respond . . . my two cents.

New user. No Intro. 1st post. Doesn't provide any info about the vehicle, just pics. Hasn't returned.

Prove me wrong.
Well let me prove you wrong. I joined this forum to see if this has happened before, there was a Ram that started on fire in a garage by me, but they were home and got it put out.

U

User_3336

Well let me prove you wrong. I joined this forum to see if this has happened before, there was a Ram that started on fire in a garage by me, but they were home and got it put out.
Well. Well. I'm shocked! :) Well, what year was the RAM? Your RAM? Where was the truck when it caught on fire? You said "by me".

Sgtski

Reaction score

First of all there is no way I would have done that, secondly my second garage is in the photo and my neighbors house in another. We live in a rural community were all fire departments are volunteer. And unlike many I am retired but still work because if you just retire you will die younger, and I was in another county working. I actually take some offense to your comments, I came on this forum to see if there was an issue with this year and model. The truck had never been in an accident and didn't have any rust on it.

U

User_3336

I actually take some offense to your comments, I came on this forum to see if there was an issue with this year and model. The truck had never been in an accident and didn't have any rust on it.

Well, you surely didn't provide much preface for your first post on the forum. Perhaps an intro first?
You still didn't say what year and model the truck was, even to this point(19 posts in) , so what kind of responses did you expect?

Users who are viewing this thread