5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 1500 Big Star/Lone Star Fire

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not sure what you are looking at that makes you think the front and rear have been hit.

Also, doesn't take long for rust to form on bare metal. Especially that has been in high heat. Shoot, your brake rotors will show rust after sitting two days if there is humidity in the air, or they get splashed with water
It looks like the front top of where the hood should be got pushed in, and I thought the rear passenger side was bent in 90 degrees, but appears to be some kind of metal.

I wonder who the local arsonist is.
I don't think I have ever seen a rim melt into nothing.
I'm still going with fake or someone destroyed it on purpose. There's just no way a fire could do that just sitting there. There's way too much damage at every point of that truck and everything is gone, tailgate, hood, entire dashboard. Even if a 33 gallon fuel tank full caught in fire, how could the damage spread that far and make everything cease to exist.

First of all there is no way I would have done that, secondly my second garage is in the photo and my neighbors house in another. We live in a rural community were all fire departments are volunteer. I actually take some offense to your comments, I came on this forum to see if there was an issue with this year and model.
You didn't say you were here asking if anyone's truck blew up like a nuclear bomb, and if I offended you the internet is not for you because there is a lot worse then me.
But no I havnt seen anyone's truck look like yours, but we also don't know what you have for a truck. If it's not eTorque (which I don't think it is based upon the picture of the rear seat) I question this even more.

2 ram trucks in the same neiborhood randomly combusted into inferno? I don't think I would stay there, best of luck, I'm sure your replacement will not be as toasty for sure :)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like the front top of where the hood should be got pushed in, and I thought the rear passenger side was bent in 90 degrees, but appears to be some kind of metal.

I wonder who the local arsonist is.
I don't think I have ever seen a rim melt into nothing.
I'm still going with fake or someone destroyed it on purpose. There's just no way a fire could do that just sitting there. There's way too much damage at every point of that truck and everything is gone, tailgate, hood, entire dashboard. Even if a 33 gallon fuel tank full caught in fire, how could the damage spread that far and make everything cease to exist.

You didn't say you were here asking if anyone's truck blew up like a nuclear bomb, and if I offended you the internet is not for you because there is a lot worse then me.
But no I havnt seen anyone's truck look like yours, but we also don't know what you have for a truck. If it's not eTorque (which I don't think it is based upon the picture of the rear seat) I question this even more.

2 ram trucks in the same neiborhood randomly combusted into inferno? I don't think I would stay there, best of luck, I'm sure your replacement will not be as toasty for sure :)
Look at engine pic. Definitely not etorque

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Look at engine pic. Definitely not etorque
Was thinking it could of melted into molten nothing too, but yeah that's an alternator, so it's pre 2023, but at least 2019 from the 5th Gen bumper?
I wonder why there are cables pulled out of the driver side taillight area, wouldn't those of melted too if the entire housing melted into goo?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting FIRST post. What a way to make an entrance, eh?

He fact that the entire truck is completely burned makes me think this was intentional. If it was an engine fire, or electrical in cab, it wouldn't have reached the tailgate

Kinda what I was thinking. 🤔

So how did you start the fire? That ain't natural causes, and no one tried to put it out after it was hit several times.

Also that truck is from a junk yard, it's obvious when you look at all the rust. Also rear end was hit in an accident as it's bent in 90 degrees, hell even the front end is hit in.

I can go take pictures in the junk yard and make false captions too.

Wow, warm welcome guys.

Must make this one intentional or fake photos from a junkyard?

1707291206094.png

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
First of all there is no way I would have done that, secondly my second garage is in the photo and my neighbors house in another. We live in a rural community were all fire departments are volunteer. And unlike many I am retired but still work because if you just retire you will die younger, and I was in another county working. I actually take some offense to your comments, I came on this forum to see if there was an issue with this year and model. The truck had never been in an accident and didn't have any rust on it.

Thanks for posting this and on behalf of the site staff, apologies for the rude welcome. Some members here are well... it goes without saying, as you have seen for yourself.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, warm welcome guys.

Must make this one intentional or fake photos from a junkyard?

View attachment 176336
I dont see the flatbed on fire. And saying it was intentional doesn't mean the owner did it. But hey I'm just a rude ******* that does nothing positive for this forum.

Last edited:

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry about your loss. I’ve seen part outs on FB classified and Craigslist in worst shape. Maybe you can get a few ****s for those running boards? 🤣. All kidding aside, glad you and your family are safe and the fire didn’t spread to your homestead. Hopefully you had it paid off, or insurance still covers the value of it etc.

Welcome to the Forum and I look forward to finding out more about this as the details come to light. Best of luck with it, brother!

Users who are viewing this thread