5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That dipstick handle is the best. I have the underhood kit on mine as well, but I just went with the standard clear. Was too cheap to pay for color
Yeah, I like that their kit is fairly complete, some companies don’t make a dipstick handle. I was really hoping they made a cover/shield to go around the master cylinder, but they said I was the first person who ever asked about one.

Don’t think I’ve seen Clear, what does that look like?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I like that their kit is fairly complete, some companies don’t make a dipstick handle. I was really hoping they made a cover/shield to go around the master cylinder, but they said I was the first person who ever asked about one.

Don’t think I’ve seen Clear, what does that look like?
It's just the billet aluminum color

stevieb92

Reaction score
First oil change on my 2024 Rebel GT at 1410 miles. Before I left the MD dealership I asked if one of their techs could place the filtermag onto the engine oil filter. It had 24 miles at that point.

Today I changed the oil and filter for Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W-20 and a Mopar MO-339 filter. I also took a sample to send to Blackstone Labs. I cut apart the filter and noticed a pattern on the inside of the filter can that mimicked the magnet array on the filtermag. The filter media had some interesting coloration at that location as well. I captured it all on video to make into a video for my channel “Life, Liberty and Adventures” so stay tuned to see the video and Blackstone Lab oil analysis results. Not concerned just find it interesting.

IMG_2016.jpeg

IMG_2013.jpeg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
First oil change on my 2024 Rebel GT at 1410 miles. Before I left the MD dealership I asked if one of their techs could place the filtermag onto the engine oil filter. It had 24 miles at that point.

Today I changed the oil and filter for Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W-20 and a Mopar MO-339 filter. I also took a sample to send to Blackstone Labs. I cut apart the filter and noticed a pattern on the inside of the filter can that mimicked the magnet array on the filtermag. The filter media had some interesting coloration at that location as well. I captured it all on video to make into a video for my channel “Life, Liberty and Adventures” so stay tuned to see the video and Blackstone Lab oil analysis results. Not concerned just find it interesting.

View attachment 176108

View attachment 176109
Theres not a lot of materials in the engine that are magnetic. Maybe the piston rings. Real test would have been to leave the magnet on the can when you cut it open

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
a03443357ddda210c4f844c400d20319.jpg

8aaee8660adff2590b8953f9964c2f6a.jpg

cc38ea641699fb6ac22a696290cc318d.jpg

Rained stopped for a few hours and I was bored so installation happened. The torque spec on those upper and lower control arms…man. I know know I went wild with the color choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Had a glitch in the matrix, not sure how I feel about that...

"Service ABS, stability control not avail. cruise control not avail. 4 wheel drive not avail"
Happened on the way to work, on the way to home for lunch and again on the way to home in the evening.
Next day, good to go.
Two days later, same message, pull codes, C0037-1D.
"Rear left wheel speed sensor. Circuit current out of range. Error intermittent"

This comes and goes for few days till it is no longer intermittent but permanent.

So, this is what I did to my truck today.
Fixed a broken wire in the harness, not exactly sure how it got broken, must have been me messing with the sensors.

Attachments

• Left rear speed sensor.jpg
    Left rear speed sensor.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 98
  • Broken wire.jpg
    Broken wire.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score

"Service ABS, stability control not avail. cruise control not avail. 4 wheel drive not avail"
Happened on the way to work, on the way to home for lunch and again on the way to home in the evening.
Next day, good to go.
"Rear left wheel speed sensor. Circuit current out of range. Error intermittent"

This comes and goes for few days till it is no longer intermittent and permanent.

So what was the fix? A new sensor or what’s the wires cut for?

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Next day, good to go.

This comes and goes for few days till it is no longer intermittent and permanent.

Fixed a broken wire in the harness, not exactly sure how it got broken, must have been me messing with the sensors.

Gotta love an easy fix

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Gotta love an easy fix

I`ll take an "easy" with a pinch of salt...
"It is all easy after you figure it out" comes to mind...
This from electronics tech. 30 years in the field.
I really don't want to do this troubleshooting **** anymore but here I am.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not my Ram, but kind of related since it's a 9.25 rear end. But removed the factory drum brake rear end off my Dakota so I can put the factory rear disc rear end in that I've had for 10 years and two moves.

And to add to gear ratio debate. Oldmone coming out has Motive 4.10 gears in it. The rear disc one going in has factory 3.92 gears PXL_20240205_025551772.jpg

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I`ll take an "easy" with a pinch of salt...
"It is all easy after you figure it out" comes to mind...
This from electronics tech. 30 years in the field.
I really don't want to do this troubleshooting **** anymore but here I am.

Yep but could of also been something expensive lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/