5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Max Care extended warranty questions - Zeigler vs. Granger

nimbus

Reaction score
Coming up on 36,000 miles and I'm trying to decide between Zeigler and Granger for a Max Care plan, but I have a couple questions that I couldn't find answered elsewhere:
  • Do all Max Care plans come with the money back guarantee if you don't have any mechanical claims during the extended warranty period, regardless of where you purchase it? (I see Zeigler advertises that, but couldn't find any mention of it on buymoparwarranty.com)
  • If I purchase a 6/100,000 Max Care plan now, will I have an opportunity to extend that coverage again (to something like a 7/125,000) before that coverage expires?
Thanks for your time!

PatriotLonghorn

Reaction score
I bought the Zeigler recently, and I didn't see any option to extend after purchase.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Coming up on 36,000 miles and I'm trying to decide between Zeigler and Granger for a Max Care plan, but I have a couple questions that I couldn't find answered elsewhere:
  • Do all Max Care plans come with the money back guarantee if you don't have any mechanical claims during the extended warranty period, regardless of where you purchase it? (I see Zeigler advertises that, but couldn't find any mention of it on buymoparwarranty.com)
  • If I purchase a 6/100,000 Max Care plan now, will I have an opportunity to extend that coverage again (to something like a 7/125,000) before that coverage expires?
Thanks for your time!
I believe you'd have to buy an all new policy, so just get the longer term one from the get go.

U

User_3336

Don't forget to use the PROMO CODE "PAYINFULL" @ Zeigler to get the extra $365 off.

Here is the PDF file on the money-back from the Zeigler website.

ALL Mopar Plans DO NOT include the money-back guarantee, its another plan option.

Also, you will be paying 200-300 MORE for a plan at those miles than if you had purchased it new (in service date).

The Granger website is new and a bit incomplete.

Last edited by a moderator:

mplaramie

Reaction score
I got my 3rd from Ziegler last night. Couple of things to note.
1. "Payinfull" works if you pay all upfront. If you want to finance the warranty, it does not apply.
2. My paperwork staes full refund if cancelled within 30 days. $50 fee if cancelled after and full refund if not used.

U

User_3336

I got my 3rd from Ziegler last night. Couple of things to note.
1. "Payinfull" works if you pay all upfront. If you want to finance the warranty, it does not apply.
2. My paperwork staes full refund if cancelled within 30 days. $50 fee if cancelled after and full refund if not used.
My contract states . . .

On cancellation requests received* within the first 60 days from the original purchase date of the Plan, you will be refunded the full amount you paid for the Plan, provided no claims have been paid against the Plan. In the event claims have been paid, or requests received* after 60 days, your refund will be based on the full amount you paid for the Plan, less a pro-rata adjustment for time or mileage used, whichever is greater, less a cancellation fee as indicated below.

Cancellation fees vary by state.

Exactly what page of the contract are you reading your verbage off of?

Last edited by a moderator:
U

User_3336

Thanks for your time!
Money back guarantee only applies to a specific plan IF YOU SELECT THAT OPTION. And its not included as an option on all plans. There is a surcharge added to the money back guarantee option.

For example, its an additional $260 on this plan (7/75/$100ded)

moneyback.jpg

MoparServiceContract

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for your time!
Hi, I work for Chrysler Warranty Direct and try hard to get you the best price I can. Most plans do have a money back guarantee option but it does cost more. All plans should have a 60 day money back guarantee option that if you change your mind within that 60 days you get a full refund.

You can also extend out your 6yr /100 or whichever plan you decide on near the end of the extended coverage with a used plan for an additional one to five years. Most people do not know that but you would not need an inspection as long as it is done so before the current one expires.

Send me the last eight of your vin, miles and state you live in, I'll send you over my best price with my forum discount in there.

[email protected]

daustin

Reaction score
Hi, I work for Chrysler Warranty Direct and try hard to get you the best price I can. Most plans do have a money back guarantee option but it does cost more. All plans should have a 60 day money back guarantee option that if you change your mind within that 60 days you get a full refund.

You can also extend out your 6yr /100 or whichever plan you decide on near the end of the extended coverage with a used plan for an additional one to five years. Most people do not know that but you would not need an inspection as long as it is done so before the current one expires.

Send me the last eight of your vin, miles and state you live in, I'll send you over my best price with my forum discount in there.

[email protected]

Chrysler Warranty Direct wanted about $1,000 more than Ziegler and Granger for a 6 year 60,000 mile Max Care $200 deductible plan ($860 vs over $1,900) when I checked a few months ago for my 2021 Ram EcoDiesel with 11,000 miles. That was with a first responder discount that the flyer had advertised.

I ended up going with Granger.

Has your pricing changed?

MoparServiceContract

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Chrysler Warranty Direct wanted about $1,000 more than Ziegler and Granger for a 6 year 60,000 mile Max Care $200 deductible plan ($860 vs over $1,900) when I checked a few months ago for my 2021 Ram EcoDiesel with 11,000 miles. That was with a first responder discount that the flyer had advertised.

I ended up going with Granger.

Has your pricing changed?
I would have assume there was some sort of mistake with your quote because I know we've never been that high. Please see chryslerwarrantydirect.com for pricing, my forum discounts come off of those.

daustin

Reaction score
I would have assume there was some sort of mistake with your quote because I know we've never been that high. Please see chryslerwarrantydirect.com for pricing, my forum discounts come off of those.
Sorry about that. It was from moparservicecontract.com. I figured it was the same as your email domain is moparservicecontract.com. I checked that site today and it is still showing pretty high.
1706911329630.png

I priced the same one on the site you recommended and it was much lower, coming in at $962.

1706911610055.png

dajogejr

Reaction score
Sorry about that. It was from moparservicecontract.com. I figured it was the same as your email domain is moparservicecontract.com. I checked that site today and it is still showing pretty high.
Interesting as I made the same correlation.
Chyrslerwarrantydirect.com is based out of my home state of Michigan (Adrian).. hmm.. :)

MoparServiceContract

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Interesting as I made the same correlation.
Chyrslerwarrantydirect.com is based out of my home state of Michigan (Adrian).. hmm.. :)
Yes, the old site should have been changed but IT hasn't. I apologize for the confusion but my pricing and discounts come off of chryslerwarrantydirect.com.

TeePea

Reaction score
New to the extended warranty exploration. I haven't purchased a new RAM yet, but when I do, I'm replacing a '20 RAM that I absolutely love. It has 127K miles with 0 issues. I used to be a Chevy driver, but I'm sold on the 5th gen RAM. I would prefer a 5 or 6 yr unlimited mile Max Care plan. The only one that offers something like this is Ziegler to my knowledge. Here are my questions and concerns.

1) I want a Max Care plan for piece of mind. I've read all the horror stories of the rear window leak, cracked manifolds, panoramic roof glass suddenly shatters, hemi tick, etc, etc... Is there a plan that offers true bumper to bumper coverage including these things I've mentioned without the fine print exclusions?

2) I don't want to be sold false promises. Has anyone used and/or had actual experience with Ziegler, Grainger, or other OEM warranty plans? Not interested in 3rd party plans, but there are few out there like Car Edge.

3) Reason I'm looking at an unlimited plan is I drive a lot of miles annually; 38K. I used to trade every 2 yrs and purchased 100K warranty plans, but that just is not feasible anymore with the ridiculous rise in price with these trucks. With all the uncertainty with EV's, and the end of the hemi, I want to buy a '24 and drive it for 5-6 yrs and not have to worry about high cost repairs. I'm ready to drive well beyond 200K miles.

Any other input is much appreciated.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New to the extended warranty exploration. I haven't purchased a new RAM yet, but when I do, I'm replacing a '20 RAM that I absolutely love. It has 127K miles with 0 issues. I used to be a Chevy driver, but I'm sold on the 5th gen RAM. I would prefer a 5 or 6 yr unlimited mile Max Care plan. The only one that offers something like this is Ziegler to my knowledge. Here are my questions and concerns.

1) I want a Max Care plan for piece of mind. I've read all the horror stories of the rear window leak, cracked manifolds, panoramic roof glass suddenly shatters, hemi tick, etc, etc... Is there a plan that offers true bumper to bumper coverage including these things I've mentioned without the fine print exclusions?

2) I don't want to be sold false promises. Has anyone used and/or had actual experience with Ziegler, Grainger, or other OEM warranty plans? Not interested in 3rd party plans, but there are few out there like Car Edge.

3) Reason I'm looking at an unlimited plan is I drive a lot of miles annually; 38K. I used to trade every 2 yrs and purchased 100K warranty plans, but that just is not feasible anymore with the ridiculous rise in price with these trucks. With all the uncertainty with EV's, and the end of the hemi, I want to buy a '24 and drive it for 5-6 yrs and not have to worry about high cost repairs. I'm ready to drive well beyond 200K miles.

I bought the MaxCare from Ziegler when I bought my truck last year (coverage until 128k miles).

Just had my driver's power mirror replaced. No issues or hassle, just paid my deductible to the dealer when I picked up the truck.

I've had the Ford ESP from Ziegler as ell and no issues..sold the truck and was able to cancel the warranty for a full refund.

mplaramie

Reaction score

Get the 7yr/unlimited from Zeigler and have peice of mind. Just remember that when you purchase the Maxcare warranty, use promo "payinfull". That drops the price $365.

dajogejr

Reaction score
New to the extended warranty exploration.

You’re buying a factory warranty from a dealer.
You’re just buying it online and not paying the huge markup that most dealers want to charge you.

Those offering the warranty on line are simply doing it in bulk, profit through volume.
When I bought my 2015 limited brand new, I told my dealer I could get the max care unlimited, $100 deductible online for $2400, which was the price at that time.
They said the best they could do is $2500. $100 down, $100 a month zero interest for 2 years.
Done.

Bought my next truck last year, 2023 limited, same dealer. Traded that 2015 in, employee discount, decent rebates AND a dealer demo discount, financed through my credit union (despite the dealer saying they could match my CU’s rates..which, they couldn’t). They didn’t even want to talk about extended warranty when I said I could this for X amount.
They were $1500 or so higher than what I could find anywhere on the net.

These warranty’s, bumper to bumper, cover just about anything. I used min on my 2015 for air ride, sunroof leak, etc. etc.
Once you’re past the factory 3/36 for bumper to bumper, these kick in. Same for powertrain.
For me, I just show them my registration for the truck, that’s what it’s tied to.

Max Care, IMO, is the best warranty out there. It’s factory backed, no third party hoops to jump through…

Good luck.

U

User_3336

These warranty’s, bumper to bumper, cover just about anything. I used min on my 2015 for air ride, sunroof leak, etc. etc.
Once you’re past the factory 3/36 for bumper to bumper, these kick in. Same for powertrain.
For me, I just show them my registration for the truck, that’s what it’s tied to.

Max Care, IMO, is the best warranty out there. It’s factory backed, no third party hoops to jump through…

Good luck.
The Mopar Extended Warranties, MaxCare, lets say, are **NOT** bumper to bumper extended warranties!
They cover items after your 3/36 "bumper to bumper" warranty, but the "bumper to bumper" does NOT extend into the extended period. With that said, the Mopar ESP does cover a major list of items, but there are exclusions (and its been posted in the forum many many times). MaxCare is a great ESP, but its not a "bumper to bumper" extended warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread