5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Pulls The Covers Off Of The Updated 2025 Ram 1500

Howardlv22

Reaction score
I’m not for a second stating the Rebel is as much of an off road truck as a ZR2 but for most the Rebel is more than needed at a huge price difference. Let’s be honest for most these trucks are too big and long for serious off road the gladiator and Colorado do better and that still not as good as a Jeep.
No matter what you do in that ZR2 my wife’s rubicon XR will destroy it off-road like you said, I wish everyone could go drive a rubicon offroad new or old and feel it. It’s almost boring when we go on trips with the jeep clubs and we are crawling and everything is so smooth and easy…

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m not for a second stating the Rebel is as much of an off road truck as a ZR2 but for most the Rebel is more than needed at a huge price difference. Let’s be honest for most these trucks are too big and long for serious off road the gladiator and Colorado do better and that still not as good as a Jeep.

Absolutely agree.

Funny thing you mention the Gladiator, I was actually looking at a leftover 2023 Gladiators yesterday, nice discounts, a fully loaded Rubicon model for $48,000 (MSRP over 60K), almost considering it for those tighter trails I can't get into. Not bad inside in terms of space actually.

However, I would need to trade in my Rebel to do it, and I think I would be overall taking a step back with everything else. Not to mention the 2024 Gladiators are refreshed with a slew of upgrades, I wouldn't be happy with a left over 2023 even with the discounts. Those discounts will eventually find their way to the 2024 models in a few months.

Reaction score
I’m curious of your hate towards the etorque. It was new when I stopped selling them so I only have my own experience but after 100k (used to travel with my truck for my business) on two hemis of my own and my business partners hemi, all e torque and zero issues, what’s the problem with them? Genuinely asking. I towed heavy, ran around town, towed across state borders, romped them in the mud and sand and snow, was kinda hard on them.
i get it ram runs thin oil in a effort to squeeze out as much MPG's as possible to meet gov regs and added e-torque and MDS for the same reason. adding unnecessary, complexity and costs. maybe not for the first owner but someone down the line will incur substantial costs for the maintenance/replacement parts of the e-torque system. it's not for us it's for the government. if you are spending upwards of 70 to 80k on a truck with a hemi it's likely that money is not a big issue saving on gas is not a priority for that customer. that's just my way of thinking.
this video explains alot about the how the EPA has moved the truck industry and why vehicles are so large now.

Last edited:

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
2b42a62850de715c260533f89f5f2d35.jpg

CG07SUT

Reaction score
Absolutely agree.

Funny thing you mention the Gladiator, I was actually looking at a leftover 2023 Gladiators yesterday, nice discounts, a fully loaded Rubicon model for $48,000 (MSRP over 60K), almost considering it for those tighter trails I can't get into. Not bad inside in terms of space actually.

However, I would need to trade in my Rebel to do it, and I think I would be overall taking a step back with everything else. Not to mention the 2024 Gladiators are refreshed with a slew of upgrades, I wouldn't be happy with a left over 2023 even with the discounts. Those discounts will eventually find their way to the 2024 models in a few months.
New to the forums here and to the 24 Rebel I recently purchased. I traded my Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition for the Rebel…the only thing I’ll miss is the footless/topless few times per year. I’ve owned jeeps for decades, and can say that the tight trails aren’t a reason to give up on the Rebel. I wheeled quite often over the past 15 or so years, the Gladiator was built up by myself in hopes of it coming close to my previous wrangler and it never came close. Too long of a wheel base (high centered many times) and too long of a tail(hung up or prevented steep climbs) and had no turning radius. The Gladiator had a modified 2” Mopar lift, 37’s, a 2.5 ton front end and a host of other items. I would (and plan to) locate an older JK, build it to play off road and enjoy the new Rebel to do most everything the Gladiator did plus those things the gladiator couldn’t.

Raydar

Reaction score
New to the forums here and to the 24 Rebel I recently purchased. I traded my Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition for the Rebel…the only thing I’ll miss is the footless/topless few times per year. I’ve owned jeeps for decades, and can say that the tight trails aren’t a reason to give up on the Rebel.

Welcome! To the forum, and to the Rebel.
My wife just bought a 21 Sahara with a 3.54 "open" diff. My Hemi Ram has 392 gears and a posi rear axle. I've wondered how it would survive on a mild trail, compared to the Jeep(s), considering how huge it is, in comparison. Still has the Wildpeak tires, so... :D

CG07SUT

Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome, hoping to learn from the group and see what the limits of the new truck may be.

For the wheeling I did, I rarely had to lock one or both axles. I actually had a few occasions where I realized I even forgot to put it in 4wd.

Pulled quite a few full-sized trucks out with my recovery gear on both the previous wrangler as well as the gladiator. If you know the limits of your rig, you practice wheeling and learn what it can/can’t do, you can generally drive to wheel as well as drive it back home. Too many people think they’re Superman/Superwoman and their rigs are invincible only to need a tug or a tow. All rigs are way too expensive these days just to go beat them to death, brake/bend/dent. My rigs have been dent free and almost scratch free by using common sense.

Stay well and keep the rubber side down.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m curious of your hate towards the etorque. It was new when I stopped selling them so I only have my own experience but after 100k (used to travel with my truck for my business) on two hemis of my own and my business partners hemi, all e torque and zero issues, what’s the problem with them? Genuinely asking. I towed heavy, ran around town, towed across state borders, romped them in the mud and sand and snow, was kinda hard on them.
I too had a 2019 Ram bought new put 72k on it and never had first issue with etorque. trade it in on new 2023 Ram 5.7 for lower miles on new one last year for 5.7 hemi. have 25600 on 2023 with etorque and no issues at all on anything same as the 19.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Absolutely agree.

Gladiators are the most butt ugly things to ever hit any roads!!! The Rebels are fine looking trucks!!

Users who are viewing this thread