5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanked it for my most viewed photo of 2023. Not a ton of views, but I’ll take them.
545a7a20af57f6420a6e1a8f5f393219.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where/how do you access such stats?

JOzzz

Reaction score
Where/how do you access such stats?

Not sure . This was from an email this am. Someone younger and more tech savvy may be able to weigh in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mplaramie

Reaction score
Ceramic tint, coating and PPF. Just turned 100 miles. Getting all the protection done first then after winter the suspension gets done..... The boxes in my garage are killing me.... 🤪

Attachments

• 20240112_124822.jpg
    20240112_124822.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 20240112_124904.jpg
    20240112_124904.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 20240112_124937.jpg
    20240112_124937.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 20240112_124958.jpg
    20240112_124958.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 68

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
sorry to hear that BUT now you can see if you can get it all fixed on her dime and some.
my friends and my default steps after being hit is (obviously after getting all the necessary info and photos) go to our lawyer, go to chiropractor to get yourself sorted out, let the lawyers do their things while the truck is fixed, and wait for settlement.
sure, lawyers take about 1/3 but you'll still get more than what your insurance can get you.
Not the same up here in 🇨🇦 and certainly not BC. We have ICBC and it’s horrible. They brought in “no fault” insurance. They’d laugh if you brought up diminished value!
Glad I have a dash cam.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hugged my truck this morning, I had a nightmare that it had been wrecked and I had to fight with the insurance company to fix it....

Glad it was just a dream, but damn I did not realize how much I enjoy this truck.
I've had such dreams. Pretty funny.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not the same up here in 🇨🇦 and certainly not BC. We have ICBC and it’s horrible. They brought in “no fault” insurance. They’d laugh if you brought up diminished value!
Glad I have a dash cam.
I was in BC at the time of my accident. Seems it was a good idea not to pursue any kind of lawsuit then.

I had felt sorry for the old guy and it seemed futile/cruel to sue when I know he was uninsured. I wasn't noticeably injured and my truck was gonna be fixed so I just thought...w/e.

I question that decision sometimes, now that I'm having intermittent lower back pains and having to live with the diminished value of my truck. But....again...que Sera Sera.

SShadow1974

Reaction score
Glad I have a dash cam.
You can get replacement value insurance from ICBC within the first 3yr or X number of KM (I forget that number) for an extra amount. They offered it to me when I just got my truck... But it was like an extra $68/month and I just can't afford that in my budget. If I could have afforded it, I would have gotten it, just for peace of mind since the No Fault here really sucks balls.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was in BC at the time of my accident. Seems it was a good idea not to pursue any kind of lawsuit then.

I had felt sorry for the old guy and it seemed futile/cruel to sue when I know he was uninsured. I wasn't noticeably injured and my truck was gonna be fixed so I just thought...w/e.

I question that decision sometimes, now that I'm having intermittent lower back pains and having to live with the diminished value of my truck. But....again...que Sera Sera.
You could have put a claim in to the Uninsured Motorist Fund. It’s there for protection for people involved in that exact scenario.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can get replacement value insurance from ICBC within the first 3yr or X number of KM (I forget that number) for an extra amount. They offered it to me when I just got my truck... But it was like an extra $68/month and I just can't afford that in my budget. If I could have afforded it, I would have gotten it, just for peace of mind since the No Fault here really sucks balls.
I had replacement on my last vehicle and as well for this one for the first few years of ownership.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had two use uninsured motorist twice. First time the guy T- boned me and totaled my car. County prosecutor went after him and got my deductible.

The second rear-ended me and did about $6k in damage. Really pissed me off when the cops gave him a ticket and sent him on his way. Prosecutor went after this guy too. I got a check for $100 of my $500.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Woke up to -39 degrees Celcius this morning. Engine wouldn't even crank.

Had to pull out the Costco booster pack to get things going.
Me and my big doofus self left the booster pack in the truck while I was at work. Obviously, by the time that the -35 day was over both the truck and the booster were dead.

Here comes Mr. Property Maintenance dude to my rescue, equipped with his trusty Tacoma and jumper cables. We line up, he connects his end and I connect mine. A few seconds later my truck roared to life. He disconnected from my end and my truck shuts off on its own almost immediately (the battery was that weak). I shouted to him from my driver's seat to hook us back up. DUDE DID A REVERSE CONNECTION ON MY TRUCK (positive to negative and vice versa).

Now my radio is dead (meaning no reverse camera or nutten). To top it all off, we will be -40 all weekend so I won't be able to do anything till deep into next week.

I am not a happy camper!!

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Me and my big doofus self left the booster pack in the truck while I was at work. Obviously, by the time that the -35 day was over both the truck and the booster were dead.

Here comes Mr. Property Maintenance dude to my rescue, equipped with his trusty Tacoma and jumper cables. We line up, he connects his end and I connect mine. A few seconds later my truck roared to life. He disconnected from my end and my truck shuts off on its own almost immediately (the battery was that weak). I shouted to him from my driver's seat to hook us back up. DUDE DID A REVERSE CONNECTION ON MY TRUCK (positive to negative and vice versa).

Now my radio is dead (meaning no reverse camera or nutten). To top it all off, we will be -40 all weekend so I won't be able to do anything till deep into next week.

At least you don’t have air suspension . Then you would be in deep sh**!

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Well THAT sucks!

Cygnus A

Reaction score
Looks great! How much lift did you get amd what tire size? Any tire rub?
It is a 3.2 inch lift/ in the front with a 1 inch lift in the back. On a Rebel, that drops to 2.2 and ~0.3. I did not measure before I installed, but the truck is A LOT taller than I expected.

Tires are 35x12.5

Looks like there will be some rub on the front mud flap things that most people trim back. I have not done that yet.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glad I have a dash cam.
damn... sucks. sorry to hear that

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score

oh no!
hope it turns out good for you

Users who are viewing this thread