5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Driver

Reaction score
How much Ram fun can you have for $22?

I bought these nifty red decals from a nice guy on etsey. Includes one for each door. You can select the color.

Attachments

• 20240107_151622.jpg
    20240107_151622.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 20240107_152346.jpg
    20240107_152346.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 74

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not what I did To my Ram today…what a dumb-a** did.
Young girl backed into my front end.
She had pulled out too far into the intersection and backed up a bit to allow for traffic. When it was finally clear to go, she forgot she still had it in reverse, stepped on the go-pedal and WHAM!
I think it’s just the bumper and lower grille but still! 😡
I haven’t even fixed the upper grille from when the hawk flew into it a few weeks ago.

IMG_5926.jpeg

IMG_5929.jpeg

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
She had pulled out too far into the intersection and backed up a bit to allow for traffic. When it was finally clear to go, she forgot she still had it in reverse, stepped on the go-pedal and WHAM!
I haven’t even fixed the upper grille from when the hawk flew into it a few weeks ago.

View attachment 174348

View attachment 174351
Sorry to hear this. So frustrating. Had almost the same happen a few years back. She was trying to turn left toward the stop light at a busy intersection from a gas station on the corner. I was trying to go right, but like many she pulled all the way to the right. I left about a half a car length. She just put it in reverse and took off, never looked back. Had my left hand on the horn while right hand fumbled for the shifter as I was looking behind me when she got me. Fortunately she just broke my license plate bracket. When she finally found her insurance card, it was her parents car and she was specifically excluded. 🙄

Last edited:

Ramercy

Reaction score
re-installed powder coated tow hooks. Prismatic powders Illusion Light Blue with Clear Vision clear coat and it looks very similar to B5 Blue, trying to match the e-torque in the hood badge.
Looks good! Where did you get the hooks and bezels?

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. So frustrating. Had almost the same happen a few years back. She was trying to turn ledt toward the stop light at a busy intersection from a gas station on the corner. I was trying to go right, but like many she pulled all the way to the right. I left about a half a car length. She just put it in reverse and took off, never looked back. Had my left hand on the horn while right hand fumbled for the shifter as I was looking behind me when she got me. Fortunately she just broke my license plate bracket. When she finally found her insurance card, it was her parents car and she was specifically excluded. 🙄
She drove away from me as well. I chased her down in traffic. She kept saying she didn’t realize she hit me. I told her I have it all recorded on my dash-cam. Then She apologized.
It was a newer Chevy Truck however, the truck wasn’t in her name but same last name. I found out she was married so likely she was driving her husbands truck.

Last edited:

BilletNight

Reaction score
Installed a set of Go Rhino RB20 running boards and OEM tow hooks in the past week. At first, I wasn’t sure if I liked the RB20s but they’ve grown on me.

One thing, when I removed the long bolt on the passenger side to install the tow hook, water gushed out of the threaded hole. That can’t be good! Luckily, I don’t keep my vehicles too long.. hopefully it won’t rot out before I’m ready to upgrade! View attachment 171959 View attachment 171960
did you purchase your hooks directly from Mopar website? looking to add some to my bighorn but $110 per hook seems a bit pricey if I'm being honest

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
did you purchase your hooks directly from Mopar website? looking to add some to my bighorn but $110 per hook seems a bit pricey if I'm being honest
I bought them on eBay from a RAM dealer in NC. They were more like $300 for the pair including the bezels and hardware. Definitely a bit pricey but I wanted OEM.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 174348

View attachment 174351
sorry to hear that BUT now you can see if you can get it all fixed on her dime and some.
my friends and my default steps after being hit is (obviously after getting all the necessary info and photos) go to our lawyer, go to chiropractor to get yourself sorted out, let the lawyers do their things while the truck is fixed, and wait for settlement.
sure, lawyers take about 1/3 but you'll still get more than what your insurance can get you.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
sorry to hear that BUT now you can see if you can get it all fixed on her dime and some.
my friends and my default steps after being hit is (obviously after getting all the necessary info and photos) go to our lawyer, go to chiropractor to get yourself sorted out, let the lawyers do their things while the truck is fixed, and wait for settlement.
sure, lawyers take about 1/3 but you'll still get more than what your insurance can get you.
When I got hit, I did nothing.

I regret it thoroughly!

JOzzz

Reaction score
Thanked it for my most viewed photo of 2023. Not a ton of views, but I’ll take them.
545a7a20af57f6420a6e1a8f5f393219.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread