5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1704433956911.png
so I went to the coin-op to rinse the truck... took $10 with just pressure water on the outside and wheel well only; I couldn't get enough angle to rinse the underside. I never use the brush... might as well use sandpaper if using brush.
needless to say, the coin-op owner is probably not too thrilled about earning my $10 :p

Normally I do the wash at home but I don't want to deal with the mud lol

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good luck with the roll bar mounts. Had a set in mine initially and they had a piece of foam tape that was supposed to help hold them in place. Lasted a couple months, then they loosened up. Bought the Diode Dynamics brackets that bolt on using one of the lower plastic trim bolts. Those worked so much better
I saw that comment on them but decided to give them a chance because I felt it would give me some more adjustability than the fix bracket from diode dynamics.
They weren't expensive so I won't loose to much if they don't work out in the long term

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It‘s definitely something.
Not really good for us up here is BC 🇨🇦. No snow pack means less moisture, dryer conditions and more forest fires!
The last few years have been brutal up here for that.

A couple of years ago, we had a record snow pack in the mountains but the following summer we had a record number of forest fires. That year we had a big increase in the number of morons starting forest fires. We also had fires that were caused by nature, but those were in line with historical averages. Big snow pack is great, but it doesn't always lead to a lower number of fires, especially with the uptick of irresponsible people enjoying the great outdoors. I just hope we don't see the intentional acts of arson that California has seen in the last few years.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 173976
so I went to the coin-op to rinse the truck... took $10 with just pressure water on the outside and wheel well only; I couldn't get enough angle to rinse the underside. I never use the brush... might as well use sandpaper if using brush.
needless to say, the coin-op owner is probably not too thrilled about earning my $10 :p

Normally I do the wash at home but I don't want to deal with the mud lol
With what you put your truck through REGULARLY, I would never have pegged you as one who would be concerned about a few measley brush bristles.

SShadow1974

Reaction score
Not sure if I posted some of these already, but:
Glued magnets to my hatchet and buck knife to stick to the side of the truck. I think I am going to add a couple more to add a little more grip.
1704498391225.png
Centre console cover. I got a 65lb dog whose claws would destroy the console if it wasn't covered.
1704498454552.png
Don't know about the rest of you, but it's pretty damned dark down in the cubby at night. Saw this battery operated motion control light strip. Threw it down in the cubby and when I reach my hand down towards my phone or whatever, the light comes on and I can see what I'm doing. The over head light doesn't really shine down there very well.
1704498539336.png
Thought I took a batter pic of this, but I guess I didn't. This is vinyl that looks like carbon fibre with a 1500 logo on it that I put on the door jam of the doors. I'm glad I got it almost immediately as I already have some scrapes on the door jam, and the truck is only several weeks old. The paint was completely gone on my last truck, so I knew it was going to happen again. I took this picture because I had to put a slice in the vinyl so it would lie flat against the body. The body lines made it impossible to lay flat otherwise.
1704498694194.png
And this one needs a bit of background explanation. LOL Years ago my wife bought me one of those vanity front plates (the fake ones) and it had a humanoid bulldog with his arms crossed with the words Big Daddy on it. So every one of my vehicles had that plate or a windshield eyebrow with Big Daddy on it. So I ran across this on Amazon and thought it was funny, so I bought it.
1704498868264.png
1704498895454.png
I also got my side steps on, just don't have pics yet.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally figured out a better way to store our sticks in the truck bed with some Husky heavy duty hooks attached to my Deezee Hex rails.

5e09a0992e4a10b973b6659479d3b133.jpg

e583463c32f640cee96053a4f8fa55b2.jpg

Adjutant

Reaction score
Years ago I was selling a car stereo on one of those sell sites. I was messaging with the individual that was interested about meeting up for the sale. I told him I would meet him at the police department that was not very far from his house. He straight up refused stating that he will not meet at a police station. RED FLAGS! I told him I was no longer interested in selling it to him.
Im in Texas also, and am a bit of a gun guy. Any sale or purchase of a firearm via private party is done at the police station.
I wouldnt do it any other way. The police are cool with it, and have twice asked to check out the gun because they were interested in the same gun.

SShadow1974

Reaction score
Finally figured out a better way to store our sticks in the truck bed with some Husky heavy duty hooks attached to my Deezee Hex rails.

5e09a0992e4a10b973b6659479d3b133.jpg

e583463c32f640cee96053a4f8fa55b2.jpg
Do you like those Deezee bed tie downs? And how does the rail attach to the tie downs? Been humming and haaing about how I want to do additional storage in the bed. I was honestly just thinking about getting a pair of the tie downs to put in the middle of the truck so I have tie down points there. There's a set on Amazon in their warehouse for 1/3 the reg price, but it doesn't come with hardware. I've already got a nutzert tool and M6 nutserts that I could use. Just need to make up my damned mind. LMAO

GraySkull

Reaction score
Stock Night Edition Limited wheels.
How is the Bison holding up after a couple years?
My Bison Trifold Flipback Hard Surface Tonneau Cover I ordered showed up and I got it installed today. Very similar to the Bakflip Tonneau Cover I had on but you could tell the quality is better AND it doesn’t leak!
The bonus was it was almost 1/2 the price of the Bakflip one. I like it!

View attachment 105919
View attachment 105920

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score

No leaks or issues with operation, however, I had one small issue with the panel closest to the tailgate. A couple of small bubbles appeared on the surface and only when it got super hot in the summer. The top metal skin separated.
I contacted Bison and they sent me a complete new Tri-fold cover (no rails)
I haven’t put it on yet.

Gregdad

Reaction score
Where did you get power from? Fuse box or tap into the wire harness?
I used one of those Fuse Tap things and went into a circuit that is ignition powered. Can’t remember the exact fuse number but F something

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you like those Deezee bed tie downs? And how does the rail attach to the tie downs? Been humming and haaing about how I want to do additional storage in the bed. I was honestly just thinking about getting a pair of the tie downs to put in the middle of the truck so I have tie down points there. There's a set on Amazon in their warehouse for 1/3 the reg price, but it doesn't come with hardware. I've already got a nutzert tool and M6 nutserts that I could use. Just need to make up my damned mind. LMAO

This is the first time I’ve used them for anything beyond tying down big cargo. I originally just installed the tie down points along the inner bedside then I realized I had a set of these hex rails laying around from my last truck that could attach to the tie downs so I cut them to length and installed them.

If you have ideas on how you are going to use the rails, I say go for it, if you just need some additional tie down points start with just those brackets. On their own they are pretty dang handy.

I’ve had these installed for about 2 years and this is literally the first time I’m actually using the rail for something other than a strap so…

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
Had a RC 3.5” lift installed on Tuesday and had Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/65/R20s installed on my factory rims today. Then I used AlfaOBD to set the Speedo…adjusted the headlights down at dusk.

Attachments

• IMG_8337.jpeg
    IMG_8337.jpeg
    204.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_8336.jpeg
    IMG_8336.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_8334.jpeg
    IMG_8334.jpeg
    218.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread