5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Vs Limited

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just went out and tried remote start and it did not do the test. Must have to push the start button.

1ramrunner

Reaction score
Wish you could get a Limited without the Power Running Boards.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Wish you could get a Limited without the Power Running Boards.
I wish you could get a Limited night edition with Ramboxes without the soft cover, that gives you the bad "black rails" that cost you $350+ to replace to be able to use any other cover :-/

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
"Limited Longhorn" was the old trim's name. There also "Laramie Longhorn".
My Limited (not Longhorn or Laramie) had a tag on the leather seats that said thank for you buying a Laramie Longhorn truck.
Limited Longhorn is the current name. As @SpeedyV said, it was changed from Laramie Longhorn to Limited Longhorn in 2021.

I don't remember what the seat tag in our 2020 Limited said. I have no idea what happened to it. It's probably with the window sticker somewhere in storage.

Limited, Longhorn, and TRX headlights are all adaptive. Meaning they turn when you turn the steering wheel. It's not something I notice happens when driving, but I have seen them move at start up.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would have but wasn't an option way back in 2019

My '19 Laramie was Black with the Black package (I don't think it was called Night in '19) and had the Sport hood.

How can you test that?
Aint ever seen mine turn before.

I just noticed mine last week. I was driving at night down some really narrow, really windy roads and I noticed that when I came to a curve and turned the steering wheel, if I looked for it, I could see my headlight beams change angle to point into the curve.

I have a '19 Laramie with the Level 2 option package. I put 73K miles on it in 3 years - so, lots of long road trips.

I now have a '21 Limited. I've put 12K miles on it in the 3.5 months I've had it. I've driven 700+ miles in a day in it several times now, with a max of about 950 miles in a day. Actually, I drove my Laramie 950 miles in a day to trade it in, then drove 950 miles back the next day in the Limited.

Both trucks have air suspension. Both have heated/ventilated front seats.

I don't notice any difference at all in the comfort of the seats. They're plenty comfortable enough for ME to drive 950 miles 2 days in a row and still feel good at the end of the 2nd day.

The LED headlights on the Laramie were really good. WAY better than any previous headlights I had owned. The Limited's headlights are just a tiny bit better. Not a reason I would specifically choose a Limited over a Laramie. If I were custom ordering a truck, I personally would order a Laramie with all the options and the Sport Appearance package. I liked the all black on my '19 and like it on my '21, but I think they look even better with just a little bit of chrome (for the badges). A fully loaded Laramie is just a little less expensive than a Limited with the same equipment, and I think it looks better, to boot.

ramhouston

Reaction score
I do BELIEVE that the Limited seats are more plush than the lower trim levels.. could be wrong though 🤷‍♂️

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A fully loaded Laramie is just a little less expensive than a Limited with the same equipment...
A fully-loaded Longhorn costs more than a Limited (due to a la carte option pricing). I believe that a fully-loaded Laramie might be the MOST expensive non-TRX configuration, as you're adding a slew of options to get there. But I haven't run the numbers in a while.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A fully-loaded Longhorn costs more than a Limited (due to a la carte option pricing). I believe that a fully-loaded Laramie might be the MOST expensive non-TRX configuration, as you're adding a slew of options to get there. But I haven't run the numbers in a while.

I've run the numbers numerous times. The optioned out Laramie was always slightly less than a Limited with the same options, every time I ran them.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A Laramie can't get all the options a Limited can. That's why it's less.

The Laramie cannot be configured with the adaptive headlights, and it doesn't get the exact same cosmetic treatment (like the same stitching and trim finish in the interior). Otherwise, what options can you not get on a Laramie?

Regardless, my point remains: Other than the headlights, I have configured identical Laramie and Limiteds on numerous occasions, and the Laramie is always a little less expensive. I should also note that when doing so, that has always meant (in MY configs) that the Laramie did not come with a factory tri-fold cover, where the Limited did, because you can't get what I want without that included on a Limited. So, headlights and tri-fold would add to the cost of a Limited over an otherwise-identical Laramie. Still doesn't change what I said. Setup the way I want, as close to identical as possible, the Laramie is less expensive.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A Laramie can't get all the options a Limited can. That's why it's less.
Interestingly, though, you can configure a Laramie Night Edition with the Off-Road Group. On the Limited, you have to pick one...at least this looks like the case in the (notoriously error-prone) online configurator. @StuartV's response to me triggered my curiosity, and I built a few Rams online last night :)

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The Laramie cannot be configured with the adaptive headlights, and it doesn't get the exact same cosmetic treatment (like the same stitching and trim finish in the interior). Otherwise, what options can you not get on a Laramie?

Regardless, my point remains: Other than the headlights, I have configured identical Laramie and Limiteds on numerous occasions, and the Laramie is always a little less expensive. I should also note that when doing so, that has always meant (in MY configs) that the Laramie did not come with a factory tri-fold cover, where the Limited did, because you can't get what I want without that included on a Limited. So, headlights and tri-fold would add to the cost of a Limited over an otherwise-identical Laramie. Still doesn't change what I said. Setup the way I want, as close to identical as possible, the Laramie is less expensive.
You can't get heads up display or rear view camera (not backup camera) on a Laramie.
Those are both huge options imo.
The soft tri-fold is actually bad, if you have Ramboxes as you can not get an after market cover unless you buy new $350-450 rails from Ram.

Kumba1010

Reaction score
You can't get heads up display or rear view camera (not backup camera) on a Laramie.
Those are both huge options imo.
The soft tri-fold is actually bad, if you have Ramboxes as you can not get an after market cover unless you buy new $350-450 rails from Ram.
I think if you add the technology group option to the Laramie you get the HUD and digital review mirror

Technology Group [+]
-inc: Head Up Display, LED CHMSL Lamp, Digital Rearview Mirror

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's not available as of last year.
Ask anyone who ordered a Laramie if they could get it, you can't.
Probably victims of the chip shortage. I was just going off of what the options were available on the Ram website.

Users who are viewing this thread