5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

milrad

Reaction score
yeah,i just learned that the day i picked mine up,there were 6 or 7 delivered same day,all on website,as in transit,and all
were sold ordered vehicles
So I have been waiting 7 months for them to gather up enough white half-ton RAMs to warrant a shipment to DFW?

:ROFLMAO:

Ram_702

Reaction score
Just be aware, this got me back in 2015 when I was looking for a well equipped 3500. The trucks that show up on a dealer's website doesn't mean the truck is available for sale, it could have, and in this market, likely is a sold order.
This 👆

I found a truck just how I wanted at my local dealer back in September. I called and spoke to a sales person and he confirmed it was available. Grabbed my wife and hauled *** down to the dealer. When I arrived, the sales guy was just finished having the truck washed, pulled up to the front, opened all the doors and hood, and off we were going on a test drive… except we didn’t…. Manager came out waving his arms saying it was sold. Said the buyer was flying in the next day to pick it up.

Needless to say, I was pissed. So was the sales guy. I truly don’t think he knew it was sold. Just very poor business practice and communication. Sales guy was gone the next week. Ultimately I converted that to a discount on a new order. Truck is finally in shipping and of course the pricing is all different than it was when I placed my deposit. As long as I still get the negotiated price of ~ 10% off MSRP I’ll be happy. We shall see ….

SkeeterRAM

Reaction score
1145 Build Sheets found today. 9 more forum members with trucks starting production! Congratulations to @csicoli, @Matruitt4200, @Usmc041127, @ricetim331tr, @mcd3620, @kdok7, @Roni, @seanmbaxter, @Dupras

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
120898 @csicoliXNew YorkBlackLaramie
122224 @Matruitt4200XTexasPatriotLimited
172160 @Usmc041127XMissouriPatriotLimited
189879 @ricetim331trXLouisianaWhiteLimited
193352 @mcd3620XIllinoisPatriotLimited
211374 @kdok7XMinnesotaSilverLimited
216740 @RoniXIndianaWhiteLimited
259958 @seanmbaxterXGeorgiaWhiteRebel
260106 @DuprasXOntarioGraniteLimited
5 "low" vins :) yeah!!

louitino123

Reaction score
pedro-monkey-puppet.gif
lol it shouldnt be but just from the impressions from this forum under 90 days is quick. i mean ws to lot can take weeks alone. with rams random vin build order ordering in aug didnt mean much difference from waiting til nov/dec i guess. hopefully never buying a custom truck til like 2030

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
lol it shouldnt be but just from the impressions from this forum under 90 days is quick. i mean ws to lot can take weeks alone. with rams random vin build order ordering in aug didnt mean much difference from waiting til nov/dec i guess. hopefully never buying a custom truck til like 2030
Seems to depend on whether you ordered it before RAM got their act together or not lol.

Ram_702

Reaction score
This 👆

I found a truck just how I wanted at my local dealer back in September. I called and spoke to a sales person and he confirmed it was available. Grabbed my wife and hauled *** down to the dealer. When I arrived, the sales guy was just finished having the truck washed, pulled up to the front, opened all the doors and hood, and off we were going on a test drive… except we didn’t…. Manager came out waving his arms saying it was sold. Said the buyer was flying in the next day to pick it up.

Needless to say, I was pissed. So was the sales guy. I truly don’t think he knew it was sold. Just very poor business practice and communication. Sales guy was gone the next week. Ultimately I converted that to a discount on a new order. Truck is finally in shipping and of course the pricing is all different than it was when I placed my deposit. As long as I still get the negotiated price of ~ 10% off MSRP I’ll be happy. We shall see ….
I just checked and my truck VIN that is in shipping is listed for sale on my dealers website. Wtf?

louitino123

Reaction score
Still that's wrong if it's not actually for sale.

You should get a buddy to call them up and see if he can make an offer on it, and what they say. I'd tear them apart if the entertained selling it to someone...
i was just about to say the same idea, have him offer cash, maybe you can get a discount lmao

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
You should get a buddy to call them up and see if he can make an offer on it, and what they say. I'd tear them apart if the entertained selling it to someone...
I like this idea. If you have a contract to buy that vehicle, and they sell it to someone else, you could destroy them in a lawsuit. I don't know what state you are in, and please don't take this as legal advice, because I'm not your lawyer (unless, of course, you want to send over my standard retainer of $25k -- make the check out to Pi, Esq.), but in some states, you'd be able to hit the dealership with bad faith damages, which could be up to treble (triple) damages.

But, lawyers suck, so you shouldn't sue them. But, if they do sell your truck to someone else, I'd go straight to Ram and raise hell and see if they will do anything for you.

Users who are viewing this thread